What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
Mightily impressed by Wayne's interview (public one and one for members) today. Quite clear that the level of trust between management and coaching staff was broken at the Broncos and strong at the Rabbitohs. I also feel sorry for Wayne's Broncos support staff - sounds like they have been shafted. Our biggest loss was Furner - and he doesn't follow Seibs anyway.
I think Wayne's support staff will be in Sydney before long.

Pommy

Coach
I really hope he isn’t a one season wonder. He was brilliant at times last year but at the tail end I felt he had been found out.
But I also think Siebs had a bit to answer for with his tactics.
Hopefully Wayne can coach him to the next level.

ThingFish

Juniors
I really hope he isn’t a one season wonder. He was brilliant at times last year but at the tail end I felt he had been found out.
But I also think Siebs had a bit to answer for with his tactics.
Hopefully Wayne can coach him to the next level.
I have the same worries. If he doesn’t learn a second trick under WB this could screw our cap for the next 5yrs. But I really hope Cookie goes to another level and I’m eating crow.

250excf

Juniors
Wow 900 k a season for the next 4 years!!

Whoever your manager is Cook give him a big hug. He’s just robbed Souths in broad daylight!!
Faaaark 900k for 4 years no way I would give him that
Where’s Souths boards brains,that will screw us for sure
He had nothing in the tests wS shut down at the end of the season and was totally shut down in the finals
We could have got eg the young kiwi Smith for less than half that
I hope I’m proven wrong but no way in hell I would give him 900k are we really that desperate

southsport

First Grade
Wow 900 k a season for the next 4 years!!

Whoever your manager is Cook give him a big hug. He’s just robbed Souths in broad daylight!!
Faaaark 900k for 4 years no way I would give him that
Where’s Souths boards brains,that will screw us for sure
He had nothing in the tests wS shut down at the end of the season and was totally shut down in the finals
We could have got eg the young kiwi Smith for less than half that
I hope I’m proven wrong but no way in hell I would give him 900k are we really that desperate
It's been reported that those figures are way over the mark.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Extend Contract of Damien Cook Until End of Season 2023: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ract-of-damien-cook-until-end-of-season-2023/

Damien Cook Rabbitohs' Highlights: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/12/05/damien-cook-rabbitohs-highlights/

Well I am absolutely over the moon with this news!!! So friggin happy oh my god!! Cookie is so important to our future and it is a massive relief to finally have him re-sign.

I agree that $900k is far too much at this stage but as Southy has said, those numbers are rumoured to be way over the mark and it is more like $750k-$800k which I'm fine with.

What a week for the club!!

250excf

Juniors
Would really love for AJ to resign and go to left wing outside GI
And Jennings to design as we need his super power running on kick returns :thumbsup::thumbsup:

callmack1

Staff member
He has recieved an upgrade for next year its apparently 4.5 for 5 years about 810k a year im not sure the tpas i would say 150k at least
That's not so bad then, really happy with that actually.

Words just can't describe how happy I am that Cookie has stayed loyal. It's a great sign for Wayne Bennett and it's a great sign of where the club is headed.

callmack1

Staff member
Agree - it includes TPAs- I don’t understand how the media get away with pulling figures out of their a@#&es. So many salaries are misquoted.
Exactly, I was stoked to see the members email that Cookie had re-signed but then I was a little concerned when I saw the $900k figure that was reported. However, since this figure is not the case at all, I'm extremely happy and I think we retained him at the right price.

handyman2190

Bench
Looks like i was wrong....lodge has resigned for 2 years seibold must have kissed and madeup. Dosent look like any of them are coming.

Latest posts