What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
Is there something I’m missing re Jennings? The guy ran about 25m for his 22 tries last year. I don’t see the fuss, losing George to keep him would have been a horrible outcome for you.
You're not the only one that sees it that way, having said that I would like to see him stay at Souths but I think the tiges may get him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I agree you would think he would’ve done so much more. I think it’s probably the fact that he plays the more modern wingers game. That is, acting like a prop in our own 40 constantly taking hitups. Good player and will probably become better but he’s not worth losing George over.

Yeah I’m not saying he’s a bad player, but there seems a bit of fuss over him. I seriously think Shannon Hegarty would have scored 22 tries on Souths left wing last year. If he was that good Bennett would work out a way to keep him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yeah I’m not saying he’s a bad player, but there seems a bit of fuss over him. I seriously think Shannon Hegarty would have scored 22 tries on Souths left wing last year. If he was that good Bennett would work out a way to keep him.

100%, I'd love to keep him but we're either having cap problems or as you say Bennett doesn't think his worth it. I personally believe we're having cap problems as it does weaken our 17 saying bye to him.

ThingFish

Juniors
100%, I'd love to keep him but we're either having cap problems or as you say Bennett doesn't think his worth it. I personally believe we're having cap problems as it does weaken our 17 saying bye to him.
Yeah, I’ll be keeping close eyes on The Cory’s on Saturday. Both Allen and Denniss had blinders last week against weak opposition. A Jennings replacement could be amongst these two.

250excf

Juniors
Yeah, I’ll be keeping close eyes on The Cory’s on Saturday. Both Allen and Denniss had blinders last week against weak opposition. A Jennings replacement could be amongst these two.
Yes maybe but do they play like frontrowers on kick returns .

southsport

First Grade
MEDIA RELEASE
Rabbitohs farewell Robert Jennings
South Sydney Rabbitohs
Thu 21 Feb 2019, 05:02 PM

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have farewelled Robert Jennings from the Club as he has signed a contract to join another NRL club immediately.

Jennings, 23, made 34 NRL appearances for the Rabbitohs over the past two seasons, scoring 24 tries.

Rabbitohs General Manager of Football, Shane Richardson, said: "We tried everything we could to keep Robert at the Rabbitohs but unfortunately we aren’t in a position to be able to keep him as part of our squad due to salary cap constraints.

"He had a break out season last year, and he worked very hard to earn a spot in our NRL squad, performing strongly on the left wing outside of Greg Inglis.

“Robert is a quality person. We wish him and his young family the very best of luck at his new club.”

Meticulous Merv

Juniors

The only cap problems we are having is the fact there is a cap
Every club is dicing with the same dilemma, trying to ride as close as possible toit legally whilst getting as much value as possible
The difference is, we as a club, thanks to our administration are able to have never got into any real trouble, whereas countless clubs have

Oldmate

Juniors
At this stage then, what would you lot have as your first grade and reserve grade teams for round one? Yet to see a finalised top 30 I know but at this point I’d be rolling with something like this for NRL.
1. AJ
2. Allen/Hiroti
3. Inglis (if fit)
4. Campbell Graham (has bulked up and has been trialling at centre)
5. Gagai (will do Jennings job and more with kick returns and finishing)
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. George
9. Cookie
10. Tommo
11. Sutts
12. Sam
13. King Murray
14. Brittain (needs to be blooded ASAP)
15. Tatola
16. Nicholls/Britt
17. Amone

ThingFish

Juniors
At this stage then, what would you lot have as your first grade and reserve grade teams for round one? Yet to see a finalised top 30 I know but at this point I’d be rolling with something like this for NRL.
1. AJ
2. Allen/Hiroti
3. Inglis (if fit)
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. George
9. Cookie
10. Tommo
11. Sutts
12. Sam
13. King Murray
15. Tatola
16. Nicholls/Britt
17. Amone
I like this very much for round 1. Depending on how the next 2 trials go the only changes I’d make would be to swap AJ and Allen, start Tatola and bring on a fresh Burgi from the bench at the 20min mark. Gone are the days of a 2nd hooker on the bench, maybe drop Brittain for Britt. Blood Brittain closer to SOO time, he’d definitely be ahead of McKillrick in my NSWCup side. This a great question, I reckon it’s worthy of it’s own thread.

Meticulous Merv

Juniors
I like this very much for round 1. Depending on how the next 2 trials go the only changes I’d make would be to swap AJ and Allen, start Tatola and bring on a fresh Burgi from the bench at the 20min mark. Gone are the days of a 2nd hooker on the bench, maybe drop Brittain for Britt. Blood Brittain closer to SOO time, he’d definitely be ahead of McKillrick in my NSWCup side. This a great question, I reckon it’s worthy of it’s own thread.

You’ve hardly seen Allen play, why would you just throw him in without knowing if he can handle first grade physically?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
1. AJ
2. Allen/Hiroti
3. Inglis (if fit)
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. George
9. Cookie
10. Tommo
11. Sutts
12. Sam
13. King Murray
15. Tatola
16. Nicholls/Britt
17. Amone

Wouldn’t play a bench hooker. Cook is capable of playing 80 and he’s getting the big bucks now. I’d rather see Knight on the bench and then when Doueihi comes back I’d like him there.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You’ve hardly seen Allen play, why would you just throw him in without knowing if he can handle first grade physically?

I think there’s a few reasons.
1. He was hand picked by Mal Meninga in the PM side without having played a single game of NRL.
2. Ennis also rates him as our best fullback option
3. He has an extensive junior rep history
4. There’s articles online that have him gunning for the number 1 position

https://www.mandurahmail.com.au/story/5918513/allan-chases-rabbitohs-no1-jumper/?cs=12331

https://www.thenational.com.pg/johnston-not-the-best-fit-for-fullback-ennis/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/0cb50c84a054447bcd2cfa3cfd289928

handyman2190

Bench
This is typically YOU!
Allen has been thought enough by others above our pay grade to play prime ministers 13 without a first grade game, and considering how he played last week i would have no hesitation in putting him at FB, bennet may want to blood him slower and play him on the wing, but eventually he will be our first grade FB

JetRider

Juniors
1. AJ
2. Allen/Hiroti
3. Inglis (if fit)
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. George
9. Cookie
10. Tommo
11. Sutts
12. Sam
13. King Murray
15. Tatola
16. Nicholls/Britt
17. Amone