What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Dingo_dan

Juniors
With Jennings now gone, does that mean we have zero left in our salary cap. Read stories about Lowe coming from the cowboys. Is their any truth in that or just paper talk

Club's sort of fracture their salary cap into different positions and priorities. The South Sydney Rabbitohs have gone all through the off-season with only 1 first grade standard/experienced second rower in John Sutton (Sam and Murray being middle forwards). So although they may have not signed Jennings due to 'salary cap restraints' it would not mean that they have zero cap space. What it would have meant is 'we don't have the cap space to sign another outside back when we are short a 2nd rower'.

Curns13

Juniors
$25 a month for all the Foxtel sport channels. Loads of replays, docs and magazine shows on demand.

You can sign up for a 14 days free trial of you want to have a look.
Its $25 for 2 accounts, so if you go in with a buddy its only $12. $12 a month for all the Fox sports channels is a bargain!

Oldmate

Juniors
Anyone watch the trial? How’d the likes of Allen, Brittain, Amone and Hiroti go? Saw Gagan bagged a couple of tries

Oldmate

Juniors
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Tracey? Had like 3 consecutive acl surgeries but bunnies have really stuck with him and his ISP stats toward the back end of 18’ were phenomenal. Really interested to see if he can get a run this year, either way our potential reserve grade squad is stacking up beautifully although maybe a bit light on outside backs till Doueihi is back. Could line up something like this is Nicholls and Tatola start the year in first grade
1. Allen/Hiroti
2. Corey Dennis
3. Burns
4. Hiroti
5. Gagan
6. Tracey
7. Hawkins
8. Amone
9. Brittain
10. Dillon
11. Sironen
12. Britt
13. Gray
14. McIlwrick
15. Kennedy
16. Turner
17. Koloamatangi

southsport

First Grade
Gee I'd like to see Tracey get a run to see what he offers but whenever there's an opportunity he seems to be injured.

I don't know about Hiroti at #1 or #4 I only think of him as a winger, the only comments I read of his efforts in the last trial were disappointing but he is still young so let's hope for the best.

callmack1

Staff member
While Doueihi is still out, Tracey is next in line for a halves spot if there is an injury to Reyno or Cody. Great talent and I was disappointed he couldn't play last week.

Oldmate

Juniors
Gee I'd like to see Tracey get a run to see what he offers but whenever there's an opportunity he seems to be injured.

I don't know about Hiroti at #1 or #4 I only think of him as a winger, the only comments I read of his efforts in the last trial were disappointing but he is still young so let's hope for the best.

Hiroti can play anywhere in the backline. One of the few who’s played junior kiwis and junior roos he’s got a bright future, Jordan Rapana type player. My only question over him in the centres would be his defence. Good to see we’ve developed and recruited for quality depth in key positions e.g Brittain, Tracey, Allen. Also looking forward to Campbell Graham and Burns getting more time in the centres, I think they could be our long term centres one day soon.

ThingFish

Juniors
Hiroti can play anywhere in the backline. One of the few who’s played junior kiwis and junior roos he’s got a bright future, Jordan Rapana type player. My only question over him in the centres would be his defence. Good to see we’ve developed and recruited for quality depth in key positions e.g Brittain, Tracey, Allen. Also looking forward to Campbell Graham and Burns getting more time in the centres, I think they could be our long term centres one day soon.
Defensively Graham was really impressive in the centres. Because his limbs are so long, he just latches on ball and all. Hiroti is getting ready to step up. He won’t be in the top 17, but come SOO or injury he won’t let us down. I think a surprise packet for second string wingers could be Corey Denniss, will be interesting to see how he starts the season. I really think young Amone will be in our first 17 sometime this year, and when he gets the chance will stay there. I can still hear his tackle on RCG ringing in my ears.

I think you’re right the NSWCup side is going to be fun to watch this year.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Apparently Britain got concussed in the last trial.
Anyone know how bad it is, does he have a history of head knocks?

Oldmate

Juniors
Defensively Graham was really impressive in the centres. Because his limbs are so long, he just latches on ball and all. Hiroti is getting ready to step up. He won’t be in the top 17, but come SOO or injury he won’t let us down. I think a surprise packet for second string wingers could be Corey Denniss, will be interesting to see how he starts the season. I really think young Amone will be in our first 17 sometime this year, and when he gets the chance will stay there. I can still hear his tackle on RCG ringing in my ears.

I think you’re right the NSWCup side is going to be fun to watch this year.
Agree about Dennis, played more first grade than people realise and a change of scenery could be exactly what he needs. Glad to hear about Amone, his ISP stats and highlights from last year were insane. Very interested to see how Bennett prioritises his replacements. I’d have Amone as just behind Nicholls and Tatola and on par with knight. Good to see we’ve got the depth. At this stage I’d have Burns as our best reserve grade back followed by Dennis based on experience.