What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Das Hassler

Bench
It begins

Ir begins alright. ..what a melodramatic old bore Bennett's become....i don't think it's about the money.. moreso the ego gratification of just being ( and seen to be) in control regardless of what's right or wrong and how it affects anyone..even themselves. Old guys like this fear not being in charge more than death.

Last edited:

themacemaceman

Juniors
Stop with the 'inside info' act bud, you don't know jack shit obviously. At least 2 or 3 times you have said this and that, oh "Wayne is def coming next year, take it as fact", and "oh he will be here on Dec 3, without any doubt, take that as read".

You are so full of shit. Stop with the attention seeking behaviour. Are you lonely or something? You obviously know nothing more than the rest of us and your "scoops" all come from whatever journo twitter feed you happen to be reading at the time lol.
Now who’s full of shit!
Dec 3 tomorrow and Wayne’s our coach!

Mascot Spy

Juniors
Stop with the 'inside info' act bud, you don't know jack shit obviously. At least 2 or 3 times you have said this and that, oh "Wayne is def coming next year, take it as fact", and "oh he will be here on Dec 3, without any doubt, take that as read".

You are so full of shit. Stop with the attention seeking behaviour. Are you lonely or something? You obviously know nothing more than the rest of us and your "scoops" all come from whatever journo twitter feed you happen to be reading at the time lol.

Who looks like a dummy now lol

callmack1

Staff member
In regards to the explosive email to Seibs, I have no sypathy for him, he was the one who instigated all this. Yes, he has been mucked around by Bennett but still.

Broncos sack Bennett, confirm Seibold's arrival: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/02...aving-way-for-immediate-anthony-seibold-swap/

Seibold to take over as Broncos coach immediately: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/02...ny-seibold-to-take-over-as-coach-immediately/

Oh. My. God. I think I just fell off my chair!!! Finally common sense prevails and I am so, so happy! We've got the result we're after and can now move on. Of course, nothing is confirmed yet but surely Wayne will be wearing the Bunny on his chest next week.

Welcome Wayne, we've been expecting you.

callmack1

Staff member
Wayne Bennett to Join Rabbitohs as Head Coach for Season 2019: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...join-rabbitohs-as-head-coach-for-season-2019/

Well, it's now 100% confirmed and personally, I am friggin over the moon! This coaching circus was eating me up inside but it's real good to now have that weight lifted off our shoulders and it's a big relief that we can now move on and properly start thinking about the 2019 Season.

I welcome Bennett to the club with open arms. His record as a coach speaks for itself, it is simply outstanding and he is a super coach no doubt. He seems to have a winning culture that follows him almost everywhere he goes and hopefully that trend continues and we can build on the fantastic platform created in 2018. Despite being at the end of his career, Wayne still has a hell of a lot to give in my opinion. He'll be desperate for another Premiership or two before he retires and I think he'll come to us with a real fire in his belly to succeed. He is a great man manager too, players seem to love him and love playing for him week in, week out which will hopefully be the case at Souths once that relationship is built. So yea, I'm friggin stoked he's finally coming!!

We do have to thank Seibs though, I think a lot of people are forgetting that. Yes, he betrayed as and toyed with us for months about the Brisbane move which is hard to take but there's no denying the magic he created in 2018. Because of Seibs, we had one of the best Seasons in recent times and he re-energised the entire organisation. For that I will be forever greatful and I hope we can improve even more in 2019 under Wayne!!

CAFPOW

Juniors
With Bennett at the helm at Souths, does that mean he will get a say on the players we sign or release or is everything up to Richo and Solly?

handyman2190

Bench
With Bennett at the helm at Souths, does that mean he will get a say on the players we sign or release or is everything up to Richo and Solly?
No chance, he will sit and watch, he will have input, im wondering if any of the 3 will follow,lodge for 1 won't stay with seibold, here's hoping we get all 3 because something was going on with recruitment,i know there is money lets see next weeks developments

250excf

Juniors
No chance, he will sit and watch, he will have input, im wondering if any of the 3 will follow,lodge for 1 won't stay with seibold, here's hoping we get all 3 because something was going on with recruitment,i know there is money lets see next weeks developments
How do know he will sit and watch ?? How do you know there is money ??
Big statements are you part of the coaching staff or accounts dept ??or are u just guessing like everyone mate

250excf

Juniors
How do know he will sit and watch ?? How do you know there is money ??
Big statements are you part of the coaching staff or accounts dept ??or are u just guessing like everyone mate
You sound like another poster who blurts out things he thinks and puts fact after it :joy::joy::joy:

callmack1

Staff member

Wolfman

Juniors
I'm not a Telecrap subscriber however I saw this headline half an hour ago. Does anyone have an idea as to who the new sponsors are?, cheers.

CROWE’S $6M GIFT FOR BENNETT
After all the drama and controversy, South Sydney and Russell Crowe are ready to launch the Wayne Bennett era with a double major sponsor coup for season 2019.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm not a Telecrap subscriber however I saw this headline half an hour ago. Does anyone have an idea as to who the new sponsors are?, cheers.

CROWE’S $6M GIFT FOR BENNETT
After all the drama and controversy, South Sydney and Russell Crowe are ready to launch the Wayne Bennett era with a double major sponsor coup for season 2019.
Welcome mate!

yea I can't read it either but I'm going to assume it's P&O and Alcatel, they're now our main sponsors for 2019 I think.