What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs set new record for NRL memberships

Away perhaps but certainly not at home. Souths had the largest number of away fans at Brookie this year and it would have been about 3,000 (crowd of over 20,000). Cronulla and Newcastle brought very few fans while the Roosters were somewhere in between. Our membership numbers are not great but still better than some other clubs. One of the problems is Manly fans seem to decide the week before the game whether they are going to go, they don't seem to plan ahead too much and generally you can just turn up on the day and buy a ticket. I'd love for our membership numbers to be better but my point was what you see at Manly is reflected by most other clubs. Souths are about the only club that have such a disproportionately low attendance relative to memberships.

Point taken, but you need to understand that from the moment Crowe took over South Sydney, the main drive in the place has been for membership. I know other clubs are driving membership as well but we got the jump on you all by a good two years I reckon. Many clubs were pre-occupied with the whole pokie tax situation at the time and because we weren't involved with a Leagues club, we were already looking at other revenue streams.

We were the first to offer things such as "member get member" incentives and also the "bunny buddy" scheme where you can buy a membership and donate it back to the club to be given to a disadvantaged supporter.

It is such, that as a fan, you can write an email to Shane Richardson with a question and he will not answer it unless you quote your membership number. He will also ask it of you at a fan day or if you bump into him on the street before he responds to any questions you may have about Souths.

Our membership department is relentless and I think a lot of the numbers that you see and the disproportionate figures when you compare to other clubs is to do with the fact that the effort from the membership part of the club is greater than that of all of the other clubs.

People can question these figures all they like, but you only need to drive around Sydney and see the number of membership stickers on the back of peoples cars to realise that their is something to it. It's a deadset plague. I would see at least a dozen every morning or afternoon on my one hour drive to / from work.

the dude

Juniors
People can question these figures all they like, but you only need to drive around Sydney and see the number of membership stickers on the back of peoples cars to realise that their is something to it. It's a deadset plague. I would see at least a dozen every morning or afternoon on my one hour drive to / from work.

Exactly.

We've got the highest membership numbers, 4th highest home average attendance, and the 2nd highest overall attendance.

Keep bagging us

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Manly have a crowd average about 50% HIGHER than their membership number while Souffs have an average about 25% LOWER than their membership number? Brisbane would be around 40-50% higher as well
Again I'll say.. Why is that something to be proud of? Means none of your 'fans' can commit and financially support their club. I'd be more embarrassed about that.

bellyache

Bench
Good for you flopster... have fun choosing a baby or pet membership for yourself.

and see you failtards in round 26 for yet another loosters loss.
:lol: Still my bitch... Mate, PM me and i'll help you out with few comebacks..:lol: :lol:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I don't care which club it is or who the person is, but if you are f*cking stupid enough to buy your crappy little pet cat a rugby league club membership, you should be institutionalised.

The sad thing is, I'm sure there are dropkicks out there who actually do this, otherwise clubs wouldn't offer it as an option.

FMD society is farked.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I don't care which club it is or who the person is, but if you are f*cking stupid enough to buy your crappy little pet cat a rugby league club membership, you should be institutionalised.
It's not just in Rugby League. It's AFL, NRL and A-League. I agree it's stupid but clearly it's making money.

BunniesMan

Immortal

The sad thing is, I'm sure there are dropkicks out there who actually do this, otherwise clubs wouldn't offer it as an option.

FMD society is farked.
Of course some people are stupid enough to do this but if they want to why shouldn't clubs have something to take their money.

Our club does and a number of other clubs do. If it brings in a few more dollars into the game then it is good. But we don't count those among our membership total so it shouldn't be used against us.

Nemesis

Bench
Don't forget to PM, you could use the help...
Don't forget to return your library book on your way home from school tomorrow, flopster...

9781402705601_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg