What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs set new record for NRL memberships

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I would just like to remind you that the average attendance for a Broncos home game is over 30k when you start getting those figures then you can start boasting about your team having figures that are the best in the league

I'd be more worried about my clubs crowds being bigger than my membership numbers to be honest. Means there's 5-10k fans turning up to games every week who's money goes to Suncorp stadium rather than financially supporting the club through membership. Poor attitude. But you know.. lollers gonna lol. lol@souffs

forward pass

Coach
I am pretty sure the Eels have over 20,000 paid members and havent won a game for three years.

Wait when they start winning!! 30,000+

carcharias

Immortal
Be very interesting to see how many rabbitohs fans go next monday night.

They are coming first, have some amazing amount of memberships .
The sharks are on 3 wins in a row....and in top 8.

blaza88z

Coach
another myoptic hater.
YES I do not care what you and other haters THINK. My response is to the stupid logic used , i have no intention or time to change a haters view , i know it is a waste of time.More stable folk can determine the logic.
As for the Brisbane game , there were 39k that night and there were comments that there were many Souths supporters there.simple as that
Also HATER , i never boasted about Souths crowd , i was responding to the other dope , who argued that because Souths home crowds were less than membership , membership was a myth.
DO not care what you think either dope

myoptic, what's that? the latest generic brand of metho?

do you think holding down the shift key with your fat greasy fingers will make me walk away trembling knowing I have just been done by the forum pensioner?

yes I am impressed you can hold down 2 keys at the same time, very good

there you go again with that bone rattling clinching line of yours :lol:

blaza88z

Coach
I'd be more worried about my clubs crowds being bigger than my membership numbers to be honest. Means there's 5-10k fans turning up to games every week who's money goes to Suncorp stadium rather than financially supporting the club through membership. Poor attitude. But you know.. lollers gonna lol. lol@souffs

because the Broncos are financially unstable :crazy:

Flapper

First Grade
Attach these numbers to literally any other NRL club and they'd be rightly lauded.

Nice work Souths.

Galeforce

Bench
myoptic, what's that? the latest generic brand of metho?

do you think holding down the shift key with your fat greasy fingers will make me walk away trembling knowing I have just been done by the forum pensioner?

yes I am impressed you can hold down 2 keys at the same time, very good

there you go again with that bone rattling clinching line of yours :lol:

Myopic is an adjective meaning shortsighted in every sense. Whether you need glasses or a new attitude, if you can't see the forest for the trees, you're myopic.

As for the rest of your gargabe statements , shows u are a total idiot.

Pensioner? where did u get that dope? just because all your family are on welfare , and do not know what to do when they get > 55 years old ,does not mean the same with all other folk.you Poor ass. I have a young family and have two children in private schools , and the third just started university.I am 60 years old and am totally self funded.

Re computer skills? ah another stupid logic statement , says more about your family and prejudices than anything else. I worked for > 30 years with a computer company as an executive and lived overseas ( full assignee conditions ) for over 11 years. Travelled so much around the world that i was awarded 30 days unlimited travel FIRST CLASS , including helicopter flights into NY city , by an airline before i was 33 years old.

You were DONE by your stupity as soon as you sent your first response.

Galeforce

Bench
Why are their crowds so much lower?

4 home games this year

Storm on a saturday night 32 k
sharks on a monday night 14k
cowboys on a friday night 15k
tigers on a friday night 19k

ave approx 20k

i for one , went to the saturday game , however watched the other games on live tv broadcasts. I normally dislike going to the stadium on a friday and monday night .I have 4 gold passes and P1 parking for the year and still will elect to miss those games normally.

I believe some other members may feel the same.

blaza88z

Coach
Myopic is an adjective meaning shortsighted in every sense. Whether you need glasses or a new attitude, if you can't see the forest for the trees, you're myopic.

As for the rest of your gargabe statements , shows u are a total idiot.

Pensioner? where did u get that dope? just because all your family are on welfare , and do not know what to do when they get > 55 years old ,does not mean the same with all other folk.you Poor ass. I have a young family and have two children in private schools , and the third just started university.I am 60 years old and am totally self funded.

Re computer skills? ah another stupid logic statement , says more about your family and prejudices than anything else. I worked for > 30 years with a computer company as an executive and lived overseas ( full assignee conditions ) for over 11 years. Travelled so much around the world that i was awarded 30 days unlimited travel FIRST CLASS , including helicopter flights into NY city , by an airline before i was 33 years old.

You were DONE by your stupity as soon as you sent your first response.

Thank for the definition of that word, now I understand however, you didn't say myopic, you said myoptic you dysfunctional senile old prick

don't give me your life story, I couldn't 2 f**ks where you've flown, with any luck you'll fly right out an open window, I didn't want it to get personal but it got personal when you started comparing families so here we go, grab the popcorn lads, it's about to be on for young and obviously old, given this halfwit is involved in the discussion

A young family you say, you've just said you're 60, what were you impregnating some unfortunate lass when you were in your mid 40's? through all your travels, your helicopters, unlimited first class travel, throughout all of that it wasn't until you were 40 that you had kids, am I correct?

oh what a stupid question, of course I am correct

apparently I was DONE by my own "stupity" in my first response, clarify for me what was stupid about it?

Was it the facts I provided when I mentioned the Broncos average over 30k? or is it that fact that you're still there in your rocking chair arguing with me after stating early on you don't care what I or any other "haters" think?

I eagerly anticipate your reply, eagerly

Galeforce

Bench
You have proven yourself an utter idiot.
Well done , that is my last response to you as i really feel sorry for you.

Er, I'm a Roosters supporter, a member and I attend every home game. So hopefully you'll believe me when I say SOUTHS DO NOT COUNT BABIES, PETS, OR DEAD PEOPLE in their member numbers.

LU members have contacted the clubs to enquire about member numbers and we've received assurances on these matters

The same goes for the Roosters. We have pet memberships and they're not counted in our totals either which currently sit at the 15,000 mark.

Rather than denigrate Souths for a bloody stirling effort, why not spend time celebrating on how far we've come and how well we're doing with an apparently non existant supporter base. I reckon Easts can be just as proud of our 15,000 as Souths should be of their 30,000 members.

These member numbers are a great sign that Rugby League is on the right path and strengthening for the future. Rather than putting down others in our family maybe we should be congratulating one another and supporting one another.

Spot on with all the above thoughts.

Er, I'm a Roosters supporter, a member and I attend every home game. So hopefully you'll believe me when I say SOUTHS DO NOT COUNT BABIES, PETS, OR DEAD PEOPLE in their member numbers.

LU members have contacted the clubs to enquire about member numbers and we've received assurances on these matters

The same goes for the Roosters. We have pet memberships and they're not counted in our totals either which currently sit at the 15,000 mark.

Rather than denigrate Souths for a bloody stirling effort, why not spend time celebrating on how far we've come and how well we're doing with an apparently non existant supporter base. I reckon Easts can be just as proud of our 15,000 as Souths should be of their 30,000 members.

These member numbers are a great sign that Rugby League is on the right path and strengthening for the future. Rather than putting down others in our family maybe we should be congratulating one another and supporting one another.

:clap:

As I mentioned earlier, I hope that one day, 26k is the average for all clubs. If that is the case then Rugby League will be going strong. I was happy when Brisbane set the previous benchmark and if some other team knocks this off next year, I will be happy again. Even if it is the Roosters.

At the end of the day, if Rugby League can boast the membership numbers that a code like AFL does, then there will be many flow on benefits for the game. For an absolute start, if we start talking to government ministers about subsidies for improving suburban grounds or even building new ones, if you walk into a metting with more than 25,000 voters voices behind you in support, the Government will obviously have to sit up and take notice. It's one of the key reasons why the AFL see's so many handouts and we don't. I'm not going to list all of the other benefits because they are plain to see, but they are numerous.

Just out of interest, I wonder how many people who are deriding Souths in this thread are actual members of their own club?

I'm a South Sydney member and season ticket holder, how many of you so called fans of other teams can boast the same for their club?

blaza88z

Coach
bandwagon fans

let's see how the numbers fare when your team isn't going as well as they are now

hunters

Juniors
bandwagon fans

let's see how the numbers fare when your team isn't going as well as they are now
Wow, that's amazingly insightful! No one else's membership numbers would possibly fluctuate with their level of success.

Latest posts