What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs set new record for NRL memberships

Nemesis

Bench
nikejustdoit.jpg

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Most major sporting clubs in the world have more members than home attendance average. The rest of your pathetic clubs are in the minority.

my2centsworth

Juniors
Make any excuse you want but why is it that Manly have a crowd average about 50% HIGHER than their membership number while Souffs have an average about 25% LOWER than their membership number? Brisbane would be around 40-50% higher as well and I'd imagine most clubs are in a similar situation (certainly the Chooks would be but Souffs fans want to bag them incessantly). No point gloating about numbers until those numbers represent bums on seats.

I haven't been to Brookvale in a while and certainly never paid to get in. The lack of memberships probably has something to do with the amount of free tickets you could get 20 mins before the match starts around the outside of the oval.

firechild

First Grade
I haven't been to Brookvale in a while and certainly never paid to get in. The lack of memberships probably has something to do with the amount of free tickets you could get 20 mins before the match starts around the outside of the oval.

How long are you talking? 20+ years? I've been going there for about 25 years and never seen anyone giving out free tickets. Nor have ever heard anyone talk about it. I think you may well be full of shit.

my2centsworth

Juniors
How long are you talking? 20+ years? I've been going there for about 25 years and never seen anyone giving out free tickets. Nor have ever heard anyone talk about it. I think you may well be full of shit.

They really should just include members and people who have paid for tickets in the crowd figures. Free tickets are just window dressing the numbers and have less revenue impact.

Within the last 10 years

You might get in for free 20 minutes into the second half.

Never heard of free tickets been given out at Brookie before the game. Why would they give out free tickets to people who have obviously gone out of their way to travel to the ground.

firechild

First Grade
They used to open the gates at half time but I think that ended almost 15 years ago. Possibly a safety issue or possibly to encourage people to pay for a ticket.

my2centsworth

Juniors
You might get in for free 20 minutes into the second half.

Never heard of free tickets been given out at Brookie before the game. Why would they give out free tickets to people who have obviously gone out of their way to travel to the ground.

And those too would be in the crowd figures

Not necessarily...at places around the ground..local malls etc in the proximity.
Also, why would you go to most games and not get season tickets. This is either a) a problem with the marketing dept b) uncommitted/fickle fans or c) the availablity of free tickets

Valheru

Coach
Most major sporting clubs in the world have more members than home attendance average. The rest of your pathetic clubs are in the minority.

That is because they sell out their stadium most games you simpleton. FMD now you are comparing yourselves to the likes of Man U, the yankees etc. That will do me.

The fact is that only one club in the nrl has such a discrepancy in membership to crowd numbers. Your excuses of widespread support and your fans preferring tv is laughable.

Either anyone who walks past redfern is enlisted as a member or the numbers are a myth

Nemesis

Bench
This concept is especially foreign to the omg rooters... you can't expect their little bird brains to
grasp how it's possible to sell large numbers of memberships including regional, interstate, overseas,
full/partial/non-ticketed memberships etc, with supporters like these...

goostershomecrowds.jpg

mckinks

Juniors
Listen everyone, and this is FACT

I bought tickets to a rabbitohs home game once, since the mighty Roosters were playing too. And somehow they got my details!!!! I assume from ticketek. They spam me every fkn week with Burgess crap and I know I can unsubscribe but it's not my professional email so I don't really care enough to do it. NO OTHER CLUB HAS DONE THIS BS TO ME. I am SURE they count me as a member cause I bought a ticket to ONE of their home games. RIDICULOUS.

I booked a corporate box for a bunch of mates for the opening round game at the SFS in 2009 so that we could watch the Bunnies annihilate the Roosters, which they did 52-12. Because it was a Roosters home game, I had to book it through the Roosters.

Guess what, same deal. Just this week I got the following text message: Roosters v Storm Saturday night at Allianz, 7:30pm. It's 2 v 3...blah, blah, blah...

If they were to count me and my 11 mates as members just because I booked that box once, boy are you guys in trouble.

Rabbitude

Juniors
bandwagon fans

let's see how the numbers fare when your team isn't going as well as they are now

So what does that say about the non member supporters of clubs who have been consistently strong over the last decade yet still sit behind Souths when it comes to memberships?

Latest posts