What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Sign Nigel Vagana for Two Years

bunnies

Juniors
http://www.souths.com.au/fanzone/viewnewsarticle.asp?ArticleID=1567

Rabbitohs Sign Nigel Vagana for Two Years

150_1567_0.jpg
The Real Insurance Rabbitohs have announced the signing of New Zealand international Nigel Vagana, with Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson finalising the two-year contract today.
Vagana has played 198 first grade games since 1996 and 32 Tests for New Zealand since 1998 including captaining the side against the Australians in the 2006 Anzac Test.
Mr Richardson says: “Nigel Vagana is one of the most potent attacking weapons in the NRL. He is the current Kiwi Test captain and his experience and leadership will be invaluable for our young backline.”
South Sydney Football Club Executive Chairman Peter Holmes à Court says that Vagana is as impressive off the field as he is on the field.
“I met with Nigel and was impressed with the fact he has studied to obtain his first architectural qualifications while playing at a top level,” Mr Holmes à Court said.
“He is setting himself up for an exciting chapter at the Rabbitohs and has set the foundations for a solid career beyond football.”

Macca

Coach
Obviously the Sharks couldn't match it yesterday and he will sign with Souths today. All the best Nige.

cronullashark

Juniors
shown here as well...

Bunnies nab Vagana
Sportal

The Sydney Rabbitohs have announced a key signing for 2007 with Kiwi international Nigel Vagana set to jump ship from the Cronulla Sharks.

Vagana, who has played 198 first-grade games since making his debut at the New Zealand Warriors in 1996, has agreed to a two-year deal.

Rabbitohs chief executive officer Shane Richardson admits he is rapt to have secured the prized utility back's signature.

"Nigel Vagana is one of the most potent attacking weapons in the NRL," he said.

"His experience and leadership will be invaluable for our young backline."

Rabbitohs executive chairman Peter Holmes a Court says that Vagana is as
impressive off the field as he is on the field.

"I met with Nigel and was impressed with the fact he has studied to obtain his first architectural qualifications while playing at a top level," he said.

"He is setting himself up for an exciting chapter at the Rabbitohs and has set the foundations for a solid career beyond football."

Source:http://www.sportal.com.au/league.asp?i=news&id=84195

fizman

Bench
I can promise you this. In season 2007 Cronulla WILL make the Grand Final. When Nige left the Warriors, the following year they made the GF. When Nige left the Bulldogs, the following year they made the GF.

The Nulla #2

Bench
bunnies said:
The Real Insurance Rabbitohs have announced the signing of New Zealand international Nigel Vagana, with Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson finalising the two-year contract today.

This must be an old article, cause nigel signed two weeks ago :lol:

dannyboy

Juniors
fizman said:
I can promise you this. In season 2007 Cronulla WILL make the Grand Final. When Nige left the Warriors, the following year they made the GF. When Nige left the Bulldogs, the following year they made the GF.

Cool...Sharks to make the grand final two years in a row

Special K

Coach
I'll miss you Nigel. You've always been one of my fav's since your days as a flyer at the warriors so when the sharks signed you i needed new boxers. Shame you never really kicked into gear for us but I enjoyed having you here.

He will be missed!

Macca

Coach
This year is probably his last chance to win a comp so hopefully we'll see him earn the money we have paid him.

MrCharisma

Bench
Woulda liked him back at the Dogs... but his best days are well behind him.

What will the Sharks do without a centre combo, since Bailey left too...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The Nulla #2 said:
This must be an old article, cause nigel signed two weeks ago :lol:

Spot on Nulla.
Nigel signed the agreement to terms over 2 weeks ago.
that prevented Nigel from signing with anybody else. that was the time the the Titans were put out of the picture.
the only thing that could have happened was the Sharks matched their offer, which they couldn't have.
I also think there may well be an option in Niges favour.
Good business by peter Holmes a court.

Macca

Coach
I don't really want to get into it again net nerd, but about a week ago you made the statement that Vagana was "signed and gone". Clearly that was false as he is finalising his contract today.

You have put the classic Reefy spin on things but it is clear to plenty of people that you were just talking sh*t as usual.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Macca said:
is clear to plenty of people .
Irrelevant piss ants who I could not give a shiiit about at all.
What they think of me, what they think of footballers, what they think of anything really.
there are 1/2 dozen people on here whose opinions are worth listening to & opinions I take on board.

Face the facts fats, people want to talk beer , food or "lets catch up"
They talk to you.
They want to talk football , they talk elsewhere.

sad indictment of your 20,000 posts reallys isnt it.
Even good ole ssb68 posts carry more weight than you. If thats possible.

Macca

Coach
:lol: :lol:

Ahh Net Nerd, you're a card.

I talk footy with everyone. I don't make things up to big note myself though.

Why don't you just stick to email if the majority of us are irrelevant to you? You couldn't do it. This forum is your life. The life of the net nerd.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Macca said:
:lol: :lol:

This forum is your life. The life of the net nerd.

Explain your own pathetic life then fat man? You post more than me. Approaching double my rate.

haahahah
f**k you are stupid.

ohh , ftr, you talk to everyone ok, but pal, nobodys listening.
You are just a drunk.