What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

Also, in the same article it's mentioned in the hush hush section that a Sydney club is looking to offload a forward on a $250k contract and that they've had no interest, even while offering to pay $150k of that $250k...

I'm betting that's Dave Tyrell.

alien

Referee
Also, in the same article it's mentioned in the hush hush section that a Sydney club is looking to offload a forward on a $250k contract and that they've had no interest, even while offering to pay $150k of that $250k...

would Tyrrell really be on $250,000??? o_O

Rabbits20

Immortal

Spot on.

On another note I reckon Turner is on 250k with Clark on that too.

I also reckon Cam is on 400k.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thank goodness Oldfield is going.

What a dud he has been.

Clear out Nielsen while we are at it too.

Keep clearing the duds and we will become a force again.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The salary cap is 6.8 million for your top 25 players. That means the average salary is $272,000. If premiership players like Turner, Tyrrell and clark are on $250,000 it means the are earning less then the NRL average.

alien

Referee
The salary cap is 6.8 million for your top 25 players. That means the average salary is $272,000. If premiership players like Turner, Tyrrell and clark are on $250,000 it means the are earning less then the NRL average.

So?

DiegoNT

First Grade
I disagree. You could sign a talented youngster on the NRL minimum wage, who could end up do as good of a job (or better) than those players named. The NRL minimum wage is $82,500.
Rookies are a big risk. The percentage of rookies who go on to become regular first graders is relatively small. So if one in 3 rookies becomes a decent first grader then you've spent that $250, 000 anyway, then in a few years you have to upgrade him anyway.

Dave Tyrell would absolutely have been worth $250k / season back in 2014.

Still reasonably young back then, hadn't been a forward for that long and had improved every year up to that point. Ok, he'd never been a big metre eater but he knew how to find his hands and feet and deliver a quick play the ball, he had reasonable lateral movement back then and he tackled almost everything that moved.

Thing with Dave is that his knees have come into play earlier than anyone would have liked.

In the NRL though, if you're a starting front rower or at least in the rotation every week then you're earning at least $250 - $300k.

Up until this year, Dave was at least always worthy of a bench spot. He's had a fairly rapid decline though.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Don't understand the thought process of thinking Turner and Tyrrell on 250k is a rip off? Theyre both solid contributors at their best. You couldn't get the same consistency with rookies. Stupid comments.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Don't understand the thought process of thinking Turner and Tyrrell on 250k is a rip off? Theyre both solid contributors at their best. You couldn't get the same consistency with rookies. Stupid comments.
Agreed. Players value tend to skyrocket after a premiership win. These guys when signed for the price, are great value. Although Tyrell has had knee problems i still think Turner is a quality player worthy of retention

Latest posts