What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

rabbitohs95

Bench
Well there were no player departures tonight lads. Very odd. Maybe it's because we haven't quite sorted out some of the players' futures? It'll be interesting to see what happens...

alien

Referee
Rookies are a big risk. The percentage of rookies who go on to become regular first graders is relatively small. So if one in 3 rookies becomes a decent first grader then you've spent that $250, 000 anyway, then in a few years you have to upgrade him anyway.

having a number of young talented players in the squad should be a constant thing. they are good for depth because you can get them for cheap. it's not smart spending too much on players outside of the top 17

alien

Referee
Don't understand the thought process of thinking Turner and Tyrrell on 250k is a rip off? Theyre both solid contributors at their best. You couldn't get the same consistency with rookies. Stupid comments.

they are average players these days. they were better before their injuries. a talented youngster like Crichton is probably on less, and he isn't any less of a player

rabbitohs95

Bench
they are average players these days. they were better before their injuries. a talented youngster like Crichton is probably on less, and he isn't any less of a player
Turner's improved so much in the last few months. His confidence is back and he isn't getting injured/concussed nearly as much as he used to. Definitely a player of the future.

If you think playing 6 rookies in our forward pack is gonna work, then i'm glad you're not the coach. We can't just have a team full of superstars and we can't just have a team filled with rookies. You need the middlemen too. I'll agree I probably wouldn't have Tyrrell there unless he was a backup but you get the point. 250k isn't much in the modern game either.

alien

Referee
If you think playing 6 rookies in our forward pack is gonna work, then i'm glad you're not the coach. We can't just have a team full of superstars and we can't just have a team filled with rookies.

I didn't say that, but some of the players is the 25 man squad should be talented youngsters, which is what is happening. I don't mind Clark. I think he is a handy player to have on the interchange because he can play a few positions, but I don't believe he is worth $250,000 per season. I'd say $150,000 max for him.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I didn't say that, but some of the players is the 25 man squad should be talented youngsters, which is what is happening. I don't mind Clark. I think he is a handy player to have on the interchange because he can play a few positions, but I don't believe he is worth $250,000 per season. I'd say $150,000 max for him.
I know but remember 250k is literally nothing in today's salary cap. Clark is someone who I believe deserves more than what you're saying, he's a loyal clubman who does his job both on and off the field well. I guess we just have two different opinions.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Turner's improved so much in the last few months. His confidence is back and he isn't getting injured/concussed nearly as much as he used to. Definitely a player of the future.

If you think playing 6 rookies in our forward pack is gonna work, then i'm glad you're not the coach. We can't just have a team full of superstars and we can't just have a team filled with rookies. You need the middlemen too. I'll agree I probably wouldn't have Tyrrell there unless he was a backup but you get the point. 250k isn't much in the modern game either.
Turner has had a good couple of weeks.

But overall imo this season his defence has been poor plus he hasn't been putting his hand up enough to hit the ball up.

Next year will be a big season for Turner to see if he can be consistent.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Turner has had a good couple of weeks.

But overall imo this season his defence has been poor plus he hasn't been putting his hand up enough to hit the ball up.

Next year will be a big season for Turner to see if he can be consistent.
Yeah that's true but the same could have been said for most of the forwards this year. Guess we'll just have to see. He'll have plenty of competition from Gos and Angus.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Far out I don't comment on this forum usually but I've been following it for a year or two ever since Souths started to slide after their mighty 2014 grand final, hoping that I might find some positive signing news (which has not been very successful). I think it's great that we're also trying to recruit new players such as Mead, Farah. But do we really need these guys considering how we already supposedly spend an insane amount on the burgess boys? David mead only wants to play fullback and where does that leave Greg Inglis? His a great centre but are we really going to pay what 800k for a centre? We would be one of the dumbest clubs in the competition. As for Farah I would pray that we are paying less than 300k for him, he was an amazing hooker but honestly I think cook playing the full 80 is really working for us I think the 4 forwards on the bench is a much better strategy for us. I feel like all those rumours at the middle of the season about cook leaving could of been because he was unhappy being stuck behind McInnes. Do we really want to risk losing both McInnes and cook for a hooker who is past his prime? I agree with what most people say on this forum about McInnes I think he is a future star but his form right now just isn't cutting it for first grade. I really hope we don't recruit either of these players. Just an opinion from an viewer. :)

southsport

First Grade
Far out I don't comment on this forum usually but I've been following it for a year or two ever since Souths started to slide after their mighty 2014 grand final, hoping that I might find some positive signing news (which has not been very successful). I think it's great that we're also trying to recruit new players such as Mead, Farah. But do we really need these guys considering how we already supposedly spend an insane amount on the burgess boys? David mead only wants to play fullback and where does that leave Greg Inglis? His a great centre but are we really going to pay what 800k for a centre? We would be one of the dumbest clubs in the competition. As for Farah I would pray that we are paying less than 300k for him, he was an amazing hooker but honestly I think cook playing the full 80 is really working for us I think the 4 forwards on the bench is a much better strategy for us. I feel like all those rumours at the middle of the season about cook leaving could of been because he was unhappy being stuck behind McInnes. Do we really want to risk losing both McInnes and cook for a hooker who is past his prime? I agree with what most people say on this forum about McInnes I think he is a future star but his form right now just isn't cutting it for first grade. I really hope we don't recruit either of these players. Just an opinion from an viewer. :)

I agree, I think with what the side has shown over the last few weeks and with the young guns Souths have been reported to have signed I think we have everything covered for 2017. Hunt and Gray have excellent in the centres and with Talakai, Burns and the Jennings boys the backline looks to be in good hands, not sure where all this leaves Goodwin though.

Latest posts