What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

handyman2190

Bench
Apparently Carter has been stood down indefinitely for missing a training session.

This may sound like a conspiracy theory but this type of situation has been happened to us before other clubs tell players they want to cause disruptions so they get let go then they sign with the other club like dylan walker etc this is rediculous

southsport

First Grade
This may sound like a conspiracy theory but this type of situation has been happened to us before other clubs tell players they want to cause disruptions so they get let go then they sign with the other club like dylan walker etc this is rediculous

handyman I don't think that is the case here.

Very refreshing dud free zone tonight so far
Gee I feel great putting in my tips without being called scum or unsouthsydney very very refreshing

alien

Referee
i would love to know what madge's plans are for the halves next year, now that we know that keary is leaving at the end of this season. a few players who can play in the halves and who are coming off contract at the end of this season: cooper cronk, benji marshall, peter wallace

doyen

Bench
i would love to know what madge's plans are for the halves next year, now that we know that keary is leaving at the end of this season. a few players who can play in the halves and who are coming off contract at the end of this season: cooper cronk, benji marshall, peter wallace

Sths seem to be struggling bigtime to attract quality players.

In fact,I get the feeling we are a bit on the nose.

I also reckon Madge has a bit to do with this!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Premiership winners always struggle to sign player for a few years afterwards.
Dragons won in 2010, they didn't sign a quality player until mid-2013, dugan of the scrap heap, and 2014, gareth widdop
Eagles in 2011. They barely signed anyone of note until the last off season. They've mainly relied on their old guard (who've all slowly left or retired)
Storm 2012, when was the last time they signed a quality first grader, they've had to rely on getting fringe first graders.
Roosters 2013, going into 2013 they brought maloney, jennings amd sbw, who they've all lost since. They've also lost rts and had mini retire.
Cowboys 2015. Haven't signed anyone for this year, haven't looked at signing anyone for next year and have lost tamou.

Compare that to us, we signed two former origin players for the year after our premiership and then sam burgess for 2016. We've probably let more qualities players go, but not a whole lot more then most premiership clubs go through (and getting sam back was the main reason for this).

southsport

First Grade

I'd like to know if Madge will be our coach next year.

Sths seem to be struggling bigtime to attract quality players.

In fact,I get the feeling we are a bit on the nose.

I also reckon Madge has a bit to do with this!!

We think alike doyen.

It was said that one of the reasons Te'o left was because he didn't want to go through another pre-season under Madge.

Last edited:
Good coaches have good support staff who deliver the bad news and when the message gets stale, the coach gets new support staff.

doyen

Bench
Jack GIBSON used to say----

Give me a team when it's down & out--yr 1 I'll improve them a fair bit--put my structure in place.

Yr 2,we'll probably make the finals.

Yr 3,we'll probably make the GF.

Yr 4,we win the comp.

Yr 5,familiarity breeds contempt.

Yr 6,time to leave & find another down & out!!!

Gibson failed at Sths!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Jack GIBSON used to say----

Give me a team when it's down & out--yr 1 I'll improve them a fair bit--put my structure in place.

Yr 2,we'll probably make the finals.

Yr 3,we'll probably make the GF.

Yr 4,we win the comp.

Yr 5,familiarity breeds contempt.

Yr 6,time to leave & find another down & out!!!

Gibson failed at Sths!!

Aghh didn't Gibson leave clubs aftrr 3 years?
Sometimes it's best if coaches leave after a few years so the club can start a fresh with a new coach, and the coach with a new club. Jose Mourinho in european soccer is probably a good example of this
Some coaches are better for staying long term and continually rebuild and provide long term stability. In the nrl we have bellamy, Bennett and hasler to a certain extent, Manchester had Sir Alex, San Antonio Spurs in the nba have Popovic.

Latest posts