What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommy

Coach
Madge said he wanted to keep Walker. We lost a loyal player in McQueen, Grant has gone, Grevsmuhl has agreed to a deal with the Panthers and Olive is rumoured to be going to the Titans.

Sam didn't really show any loyalty to the club after taking a big money deal with a sport he really wasn't suited for.

I honestly think you've just answered your own question. You need to realise this is a job for these guys.
Walker asked for a transfer to Manly of all places and was a souths junior so if your going to talk about loyalty it can't be in the same breath as advocating we retained him.

Pommy

Coach
at least sammy finished his contract with souths. dylan left with 1 year remaining

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Rsag85

Bench
Consider the following;

McQueen, Grant and Stewart were all crap last year, and are getting on in age. We have a great crop of young forwards coming in, and we have plenty of spots for them to take over.

Sam Burgess is one of the best players in the world and is an inspiration to not only the others in the pack but also the others in the team and at the club. His worth is more than those three put together.

Madge is someone who brings up young players exceptionally. Since 2012 the likes of Reynolds, George and Tom Burgess, Keary, Walker, AJ, Turner, Koroisau, Auva'a, McInnes, Gray, Brown and Grevsmuhl have successfully made it into the NRL, i'm sure there are others too.

Id tell you to have some faith but all you seem to do is complain so I don't think anyone can change your mind. Have fun stressing and being negative all the time.

Since Sam has signed we have lost two of our future stars in Walker and Grevs, Olive is also rumoured to be going.

McQueen played ok last year IMO and the kid was loyal.... man he had is player number on his neck.

I'm not stressing out or being negative but I do question what the club is currently doing at the moment, we miss signing guys like Lafai, Hiku, Coopley and Jennings who where all on the open market at one stage and choose to sign someone who was sacked from his last club due to his performances and that wasn't even in the top tier league in England to a two year contract.

And sorry but I feel all these bad choices that the club has been making lately has come after the fact that Sam Burgess signed from the club

Pommy

Coach
Since Sam has signed we have lost two of our future stars in Walker and Grevs, Olive is also rumoured to be going.

McQueen played ok last year IMO and the kid was loyal.... man he had is player number on his neck.

I'm not stressing out or being negative but I do question what the club is currently doing at the moment, we miss signing guys like Lafai, Hiku, Coopley and Jennings who where all on the open market at one stage and choose to sign someone who was sacked from his last club due to his performances and that wasn't even in the top tier league in England to a two year contract.

And sorry but I feel all these bad choices that the club has been making lately has come after the fact that Sam Burgess signed from the club

Walker made his own bad choices remember.

It should also be stated that this summer Sam would have had one year left on his contract and the club would have been getting him signed up to a new deal anyway. That deal would have been much improved on what he was getting in 2014 anyway. The fact Sam left for a year might not really have had a great deal of an impact on the deals being done now anyway.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Not the end of the world but yeah I can understand your concern. We do and always will however have a great line of juniors and a great sense for recruiting youngsters.

Plus the fact that a majority of players who make it at our club and leave end up playing poorly and never get up. Sandow, Taylor, hell, even Sam struggled away from the Red and Green.

doyen

Bench
I hope Sam's up to the task because he's on a hiding to nothing after what's gone down since Sths pulled out all stops to get him back.

He will have to stay on the field--no injuries--no shit!!! Good luck Sam;you'll need it!!!!

He'll probably be a father within 12 mths--of course,it's not the slightest bit possible that that may affect his focus on footy!!

I can see what's coming for 2016----back to the future with the big pack rolling forward---defensive backline players like Nielsen;robotic,over-programmed halves.............!

I hope we see something different to 2015 but I can't see that happening!!

doyen

Bench
Not the end of the world but yeah I can understand your concern. We do and always will however have a great line of juniors and a great sense for recruiting youngsters.

Plus the fact that a majority of players who make it at our club and leave end up playing poorly and never get up. Sandow, Taylor, hell, even Sam struggled away from the Red and Green.

Rabbits;we have a great sense too for DUMPING our best Jnrs; & players we have developed through our Jnrs. In fact,it's appalling the great very young star players we have speared unceremoniously in the last couple of seasons!

Walker,Roberts,Mansour,Peats--just to name some!!

rabbitohs95

Bench
I hope Sam's up to the task because he's on a hiding to nothing after what's gone down since Sths pulled out all stops to get him back.

He will have to stay on the field--no injuries--no shit!!! Good luck Sam;you'll need it!!!!

He'll probably be a father within 12 mths--of course,it's not the slightest bit possible that that may affect his focus on footy!!

I can see what's coming for 2016----back to the future with the big pack rolling forward---defensive backline players like Nielsen;robotic,over-programmed halves.............!

I hope we see something different to 2015 but I can't see that happening!!

Im with you on that; if we are to compete for the title we have to play our style from the 2014 finals/early 2015 games.

If we can do that consistently we would be very hard to beat. We have the squad to do so, so lets hope we do so!

Rabbits20

Immortal
He's not terrible if it's for 85k. He has the added bonus of having won a premiership with GI and Madge before. Wait and see I think.
I reckon probably about 150k. Yeah, let's see how he goes.
Dane Nielson is now confirmed 2 year deal...... Terrible signing
Only found out at midnight. Been busy at work.

He's a depth signing and Madge may be able to get him playing solid.

Competition for spots is good.

Nielsen will start off at Norths I reckon.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cant understand why this is a 2 year deal. I can understand them wanting to get a centre in for next season but 2 years is daft.
Agree Pommy. 1 year would be better.
we have another one in the works
Interesting.....
The guy was drop from Bradford Bulls due to poor performance the same Bradford Bulls that are now in 2nd Divison in England and he was release from his past two NRL contracts one due to off field stuff something our club doesn't need.

Thanks for the info.

I agree our club doesn't need troublemakers and players with poor discipline etc.........

He will be watched closely I would say. Madge won't tolerate garbage.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We needed a try score when we lost Walker and the Stat that stands out for me with Nielsen is 111 games for only 27 tries...... I take everything I said about Goodwin back this guy here has to be the worst signing in the clubs history.

See, Bryson isn't so bad after all:cool:

I know you know that Bryson is solid Rsag85. Not a match winner but can get a job done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts