What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
he is probably only signed as a backup player
Yep, adds depth and keeps players on their toes to perform.
I know his a fan favourite but is Sam Burgess really worth losing a bunch of great talented players?
Seriously!!! Of course we had to bring back Sam. It's a no brainer.
Re watch the 2014 gf and ask yourself that question again
Spot on.
As a foundation for the team to build off for the next 5 years my answer is yes, if you think he's going to win us a title next season you will be disappointed.
Who did we loose really? Luke said mid season he was off, Stewart also left well before the news and didn't do a great deal last season, rumours of Walker joining Manly for 2017 were already doing the rounds.
The only direct casualty I can see is McQueen and yes I would swap him for Sam every time.

Agree Pommy. Good post.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i'm not happy about grevs leaving at the end of the season, but maybe crichton will be a good (and much cheaper) replacement..
That's the spirit.

I'm excited re Crichton.
Consider the following;

McQueen, Grant and Stewart were all crap last year, and are getting on in age. We have a great crop of young forwards coming in, and we have plenty of spots for them to take over.

Sam Burgess is one of the best players in the world and is an inspiration to not only the others in the pack but also the others in the team and at the club. His worth is more than those three put together.

Madge is someone who brings up young players exceptionally. Since 2012 the likes of Reynolds, George and Tom Burgess, Keary, Walker, AJ, Turner, Koroisau, Auva'a, McInnes, Gray, Brown and Grevsmuhl have successfully made it into the NRL, i'm sure there are others too.

Id tell you to have some faith but all you seem to do is complain so I don't think anyone can change your mind. Have fun stressing and being negative all the time.

Great post.

I'm looking forward to how things go R95. There are definitely positives there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Walker made his own bad choices remember.

It should also be stated that this summer Sam would have had one year left on his contract and the club would have been getting him signed up to a new deal anyway. That deal would have been much improved on what he was getting in 2014 anyway. The fact Sam left for a year might not really have had a great deal of an impact on the deals being done now anyway.

Very good points.

Completely agree.

southsport

First Grade
I hope Sam's up to the task because he's on a hiding to nothing after what's gone down since Sths pulled out all stops to get him back.

He will have to stay on the field--no injuries--no shit!!! Good luck Sam;you'll need it!!!!

He'll probably be a father within 12 mths--of course,it's not the slightest bit possible that that may affect his focus on footy!!

I can see what's coming for 2016----back to the future with the big pack rolling forward---defensive backline players like Nielsen;robotic,over-programmed halves.............!

I hope we see something different to 2015 but I can't see that happening!!

doyen, Sam will be right, I don't think I've seen a more focussed player.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
images

Rsag85

Bench
Sorry guys it looks like I was taken on a ride by my source about another signing. We have signed someone to a train and trial contract with the first grade team but its with one of our current NYC players, who is a forward

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry guys it looks like I was taken on a ride by my source about another signing. We have signed someone to a train and trial contract with the first grade team but its with one of our current NYC players, who is a forward

We are probably done now with signings. I don't expect anymore tbh.

Is it Clayton Williams on the train and trial contract with our first graders???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts