What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabbitohs Agree to Terms on Contract Extensions for Adam Reynolds & Luke Keary

Tue 27th January, 05:00PM
A A

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to announce that halves pairing Adam Reynolds and Luke Keary have agreed to terms on contract extensions with the Club today.

Reynolds, 23, has agreed to extend his contract until the end of the 2017 season, with Keary, 22, agreeing to extend his tenure at the Club until the end of 2016.
The Reynolds/Keary halves combination steered the Rabbitohs to the Club’s 2014 Premiership victory, capping a remarkable year for the young halves.
Reynolds has played 79 NRL games for the Rabbitohs since making his debut in 2012, amassing 647 points over the three seasons.
Keary has played 22 NRL games in the red and green since making his debut against the Knights in 2013, with both players progressing through the under 20s system to play at the NRL level.
Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire is very happy that the Club has secured the services of Reynolds and Keary for extended periods.
“Adam and Luke have grown together as players in our halves and have become an integral part of our team over the past two seasons that they have been playing together,” Coach Maguire said.
“It’s exciting for us and our Members to see two of the brightest young halves prospects commit to the Club and show that they see their future in the red and green, so I couldn’t be happier about these agreements.“They can now concentrate on preparing themselves for the season ahead which promises to be an exciting one for everyone in the Rabbitohs family.”
Reynolds says he is very happy to be wearing the red and green for at least the next three years.
“I’m really happy to have my contract situation sorted out before the season starts and I’m really excited about the year ahead, as well as the next three seasons,” Reynolds said.
“It’s great to know that Luke has also extended his contract and I’m looking forward to continuing to build on the combination we’ve developed over the past two years.
“I love running out in front of our Members and fans each week and to know I’ll be doing that for the next three years is fantastic.”
Keary is happy to be extending his time in the Rabbitohs’ colours.
“I love playing here at Souths, with the boys we’ve got in the squad, so it was a fairly straight forward decision for me in the end,” Keary said.
“We have a great group here, we’re focused on our job and know that if we work hard we can achieve great things.
“I’m glad the contract situation is sorted out before the season starts and I can’t wait to get back into the footy and representing the Rabbitohs.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/01/27/rabbitohs_agree_to_t.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
The only lol'ing that will be done is when Reyno guides us to another top 4 spot and when the Tigers miss the finals again. :lol:

Yep mate will be funny.

Reynolds realises loyalty matters over money and he absolutely loves Souths as do his family and especially his Dad.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just a small point even though doesn't really matter much.

Reynolds as stated in article as 23 is actually 24. Reynolds turns 25 in July.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol@ 6 rival clubs that wanted Rendiggiti including Cronulla, St George and Manly.

Lol@ Gold Coast who thought Keary would consider going there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I read today Luke Keary carried a foot injury at back end of last year.

It is still troubling him at times but the medical team at Souths are trying to treat it without surgery.

If Keary needs surgery he will be out for quite a while.

Let's hope it doesn't trouble him much.

Sutton may have to go back to 6 if Keary has troubles with it in season.

NRL season 2015: Rabbitohs re-sign Luke Keary and Adam Reynolds

• by: Phil Rothfield Sports Editor-At-Large
  • January 27, 2015 5:12PM

IN a rare show of loyalty in a dollar-dominated NRL player market, South Sydney’s Adam Reynolds and Luke Keary have rejected big money offers from rival clubs to stick by the Rabbitohs.

The premiership-winning halves pairing yesterday agreed to terms to stay in Redfern, Reynolds until the end of 2017 and Keary until the end of 2016.
Reynolds’ decision to knock back huge offers from Cronulla and St George Illawarra is especially a massive boost for the Rabbitohs on the eve of the premiership.
Manly had also earmarked the halfback as a possible replacement for Daly Cherry Evans or Kieran Foran should either of them decide to leave Brookvale.
The 24-year-old has already amassed 647 points from 79 NRL games since bursting into first grade out of the local junior ranks in 2012.
He now has the best goal-kicking percentages in the history of the game.
Keary was also in high demand but chose to remain with his beloved Rabbitohs for another year at least.
Coach Michael Maguire was both thrilled and relieved to have secured the services of his star halves.
“Adam and Luke have grown together as players in our halves and have become an integral part of our team over the past two seasons that they have been playing together,” Maguire said.
“It’s exciting for us and our Members to see two of the brightest young halves prospects commit to the club and show that they see their future in the red and green, so I couldn’t be happier about these agreements.
“They can now concentrate on preparing themselves for the season ahead which promises to be an exciting one for everyone in the Rabbitohs family.”
Reynolds’ signing should also put an end to rumours of internal unrest over the sacking of grand final winning skipper John Sutton as captain.
Sutton’s name had been linked to the Wests Tigers in recent days.
With his future secured until the end of 2017, Reynolds is now being spoken about as a potential candidate for the NSW State of Origin team this year.
He will be up against the incumbent half-back Trent Hodkinson and the Roosters’ Mitch Pearce in a fierce battle for the Blues No 7 jersey.
Reynolds has twice played for City Origin and once for the NRL All-Stars.
NSW coach Laurie Daley yesterday confirmed Reynolds would be right in the mix for Origin.
“It’s great for our side that we’ve now got so much depth at half-back and in a lot of other positions,” Daley said.
“Adam Reynolds will have grown in confidence from the grand final win.
“He’s now played nearly 80 NRL matches and with that experience has learnt how to control a game like all good half-backs.
“He’ll become a fully mature player this season who can handle any level of the game.
“I’m sure he’ll do well in Origin if he gets the chance.”
Souths coach Michael Maguire has always spoken highly about Reynolds as an Origin player.
He says he could also play off the bench as a back-up dummy-half if required.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nd-adam-reynolds/story-fni3gki8-1227198595840

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yep mate will be funny.

Reynolds realises loyalty matters over money and he absolutely loves Souths as do his family and especially his Dad.

I reckon a majority of our young guns will re-sign. Most of them have a first grade spot cemented and they all love the place and love playing with each other.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I reckon a majority of our young guns will re-sign. Most of them have a first grade spot cemented and they all love the place and love playing with each other.

Yeah I wonder if Johnston will stay. I think he will.

If Johnston unfortunately left we would probably re sign Auva'a.

I don't think we could afford to keep both Johnston and Auva'a.

Ttime

Juniors
Johnston is a much better prospect than Johnston.
That said, Auva'a probably won't have too much interest based on his recent indiscretions. Reckon he won't demand too much. Definitely if he is renegotiating a contract for 2016 next year... he will only play probably 3 or 4 games this season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Johnston is a much better prospect than Johnston.
That said, Auva'a probably won't have too much interest based on his recent indiscretions. Reckon he won't demand too much. Definitely if he is renegotiating a contract for 2016 next year... he will only play probably 3 or 4 games this season.

Well I hope Auva'a doesn't get much interest so we could re sign him on a 1 year deal for 2016.

It'd be very good if we can somehow keep Johnston and Auva'a and have enough left for Tom, George, Turner and Tyrrell.

Hard to keep all those guys though.

Either Turner or Tyrrell may have to unfortunately leave.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Reynolds reportedly re signed for 500k a year.

Is that the same for Keary is he re signed on 500k a year? Anyone know?

About a month ago I read Reynolds and Keary were going to get 550k a year.

So possibly they have both settled under that figure.

Great to see both their loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts