What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
To answer Southsport...both. Better offers for McQueen and cap issues for Souths next season.
McQueen has been offered more money by Titans, Parramatta and someone else but has decided to remain at Souths for now. Before Isaac Luke signed for Warriors, McQueen had received offers of interest and was a chance to go. No disagreements and Maguire has strongly indicated he wants him to remain and will do so...for now.
I'm told rumour started because of Lara Pitt saying he was to be involved with a press conference or press release today...it was only going to be about missing out on SOO team and how he will fight his way back etc.
Interesting though that you have cap issues for next year.

Thanks mate.

I wonder how we have cap issues?

The Roosters should be having cap issues too.

But with Politis imo the Roosters are dodgy!!!!

They have quite a few origin players and international stars in their line up.

alien

Referee
Thanks mate.

I wonder how we have cap issues?

The Roosters should be having cap issues too.

But with Politis imo the Roosters are dodgy!!!!

They have quite a few origin players and international stars in their line up.

the roosters use third parties to pay some of the money for some of their players. every club should do the same thing. we have crowe and packer, who i'm sure can find some third parties, if they haven't already. any club that doesn't do this well isn't going to be at the top of the ladder consistently

Achillies

Juniors
I wouldn't be upset if McQueen was allowed to leave. Last year he was given a decent contract upgrade because of his status as an origin rep. 12 months later he isn't chosen to play origin and is only starting at Souths because Sutton is playing 6 and injuries to Stewart and Turner. Without Sam and Teo we needed McQueen to step up this season and so far he hasn't.

South Sydney Rabbitohs prop Thomas Burgess insists NFL interest is not the reason he only signed a one year deal

Date May 19, 2015 - 5:40PM

Brad Walter

Sports Reporter

"A lot of players are going to look at that league and think how good would it be to play over there": Burgess. Photo: Getty Images

South Sydney prop Tom Burgess has admitted that he is keeping a close eye on Jarryd Hayne's move to the San Francisco 49ers and would be keen to join him in the NFL but insists that is not the reason he only signed a one-year extension with the Rabbitohs.
Burgess, who turned down the opportunity to sign a longer term deal with Souths or Manly, said he was backing himself to become a better player who could therefore command a bigger contract when he becomes a free agent again at the end of next season.
That one year [contract] was just because I'm still young and I'd like to think I'm still growing as a player
South Sydney prop Tom BurgessThe 23-year-old England Test prop also said he wanted to keep his options open but has virtually ruled out a return to Super League and said he hoped to continue playing for Souths.
"I have shown interest in NFL for a while and I'd spoken to a few of my friends about how I'd love to go there [but] somehow it's been turned into I've got a contract out there, and that's why I've signed for one year with Souths," Burgess said ahead of Friday night's match against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium."That's not the case, there's nothing there yet and I've not spoken to anyone. It is something I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at, I'd look into it but there's nothing there currently.
"That one year [contract] was just because I'm still young and I'd like to think I'm still growing as a player. I can't estimate where I'm going to be at in one year really."
Asked if he was considering a return to Super League in 2017, Burgess said: "I don't think I'd go back home. That would be a worst case scenario for me. No disrespect to the game in England but I just feel like my lifestyle over here is great and I'm loving Souths as well".
However, Burgess admitted he was watching Hayne's transition with keen interest and believes that if he succeeds it could pave the way for other NRL players.
"I want to see him do well, I think that would be great for rugby league players," he said. "A lot of players are going to look at that league and think how good would it be to play over there and experience being in America so everyone is watching with a close eye. There's more than you think.
"I think a lot of people want him to do well because he's risked a lot and it's a big risk to go over there. I've definitely looked into how it works over there and there is a big risk for him, he's not guaranteed to earn a lot of money. He needs to get playing first before he can actually start earning money. And you don't go over there to earn money. you go over there for the experience and the challenge."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...y-signed-a-one-year-deal-20150519-gh56qb.html

Ttime

Juniors
Agreed. McQueen is not a big loss if he leaves. He hardly makes an impact these days... what happened to the McQueen who used to bat the ball back off high kicks on the line for our boys to clean up and score? He used to do that EVERY single game yet i think he has done it once this whole year and im not sure if we even scored off it.

McQueen has been surpassed by Grevs, Turner, and is behind Sutton and Stewart when it comes to second rowers... not saying he would get dropped but the others are better

Rabbits20

Immortal
the roosters use third parties to pay some of the money for some of their players. every club should do the same thing. we have crowe and packer, who i'm sure can find some third parties, if they haven't already. any club that doesn't do this well isn't going to be at the top of the ladder consistently

Imo Alien they are sly bastards!

alien

Referee
so in the game against parra, it looked like lowe got injured, and possibly keary near the end of the match too. hopefully nothing serious

Rabbits20

Immortal
so in the game against parra, it looked like lowe got injured, and possibly keary near the end of the match too. hopefully nothing serious

My fingers are crossed that they are both ok.

I think Lowe might have a medial issue but we will have to await scan results I reckon. Probably find out in a few days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.