What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
Johnston, McInnes re-sign with Rabbitohs

Wed 13 May, 2015, 12:43pm
By Steve Zemek and Emma Kemp, AAP

Email
Print

image.ashx
South Sydney have extended the contracts of Alex Johnston and Cameron McInnes until the end of 2017. Credit: Robb Cox. Copyright: NRL Photos

Any NRL coach will tell you the importance of building combinations and the ties binding South Sydney's generation next stretch back most of their young lives.
The Rabbitohs received a giant boost on Tuesday when they re-signed star winger Alex Johnston and emerging hooker Cameron McInnes until the end of the 2017 season.
While everyone at the Rabbitohs' Redfern headquarters had a spring in their step following the duo putting pen to paper, there was no one happier than centre Dylan Walker.
Johnston, McInnes and Walker have been playing together since they were 13, when they made a Rabbitohs junior development side together, a team that also featured winger Aaron Gray, who made his Souths debut a fortnight ago.
Walker said he had Johnston pegged as something special the first time he laid eyes on him when they were 10.
He also lived down the road from McInnes when they were growing up in Botany.
"With those two re-signing, it's good for the fans and good for the members and good for the club," Walker said on Wednesday.
"And especially good for myself, having the boys around that I know really well. I've known Aaron since I was six-years-old, he's one of my best mates and it's enjoyable to have that feeling in the club."
Johnston, 20, has played 27 games for the Rabbitohs and made his Test debut in the Kangaroos' loss to New Zealand last month.
While McInnes, 21, has been ear-marked to wear the Rabbitohs No.9 jersey next year following the shock departure of New Zealand international Issac Luke to the Warriors from next season.
McInnes had been rumoured to be in negotiation with St George Illawarra however the Rabbitohs moved quickly to secure his signature following Luke's signing with the Warriors.
He started ahead of Luke against the Dragons on Monday night and has been named at hooker for the side's clash with Melbourne.

http://www.nrl.com/johnston-mcinnes-re-sign-with-rabbitohs/tabid/10874/newsid/86183/default.aspx

Awesome!

hurricane57

Juniors
I still think Cody should be given a crack.

Me too, if I have one tiny criticism of Madge it's he is slow to introduce new talent till he's absolutely forced.
Having said that halfback is a critical position but if Souths have bought a guy to fill in in an emergency, such as the injury currently besetting us, seems to me it's time to take a chance, give the new guy a shot at the title so to speak, you never know, he turn out to be a world beater.

Green River Eel

Juniors
The whispers are getting louder, Todd Carney will be in Eels colours in 2016 but a few hurdles to jump yet, eels official visiting him as we speak.

Galeforce

Bench
I think Grevs and Auva'a should be the priority , then Turner and then Gray.
We have been missing Auva'a in the centres both for his strong runs and more importantly his hard-hitting defence.

hurricane57

Juniors
I think Grevs and Auva'a should be the priority , then Turner and then Gray.
We have been missing Auva'a in the centres both for his strong runs and more importantly his hard-hitting defence.

I think most people don't realize how much Auvaa contributed, the guy never took a backward step, from anybody.

lafai

Bench
I think most people don't realize how much Auvaa contributed, the guy never took a backward step, from anybody.

Including his misses. Nah he is a solid defender, pretty good in attack in my opinion. Certainly miss him & Te'o in defence.

hurricane57

Juniors
Including his misses. Nah he is a solid defender, pretty good in attack in my opinion. Certainly miss him & Te'o in defence.

Absolutely no one should or does condone domestic violence.

From the little I've learned of his case Auvaa has learned from his mistake?s (?) and is attempting to progress from there. I applaud him and wish him well with efforts.

Its a difficult question, when does punishment end and forgiveness begin.

Looking to the NRL Judiciary for some sort of reasonable and even handed process is, of course laughable - maybe the case should be dealt with solely in a criminal court - I don"t know.

Great centre three quarter.

southsport

First Grade
Absolutely no one should or does condone domestic violence.

From the little I've learned of his case Auvaa has learned from his mistake?s (?) and is attempting to progress from there. I applaud him and wish him well with efforts.

Its a difficult question, when does punishment end and forgiveness begin.

Looking to the NRL Judiciary for some sort of reasonable and even handed process is, of course laughable - maybe the case should be dealt with solely in a criminal court - I don"t know.

Great centre three quarter.

Best for young people (men and women) to not get hooked up with the wrong type of person in the first place.........but you can't put an old head on young shoulders, and a standing prick has no conscience.

Rabbits20

Immortal
is there any more news on turner about when/if he will be back???

No but I'll guess and say he's about 8 weeks away.

I hope they don't play him sooner than that. There shouldn't be a hurry to get him back after an injury like that.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Rumours that we've activated a clause in Grevs contract to extend his stay by a year. Good move by both parties if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.