What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achillies

Juniors
Rumours that we've activated a clause in Grevs contract to extend his stay by a year. Good move by both parties if true.

I hope he is staying but i also hope the club has done the right thing by him and given him some sort of upgrade. He will be a key part of our forward pack in the years to come.

Rabbits20

Immortal
McQueen to sign with titans.

Oh Shit!!!!!

He's getting plenty of minutes.

I wonder why he's leaving?

He's one of my favourite players so that would be very disappointing:x:x:x

Contracts mean absolute jack shit!!

The NRL needs to address the situation because it's a let down for members of every club.

Hey Southsport I'm getting a bit of a feeling that we're freeing money in our cap for the return of Sam Burgess! Is this how you see it? A possible return for Sam next year?

Souths must buy some players as this season progresses and start re-signing Grevsmuhl, Gray, Turner, Auva'a etc.

Madge will be stressed out as we are losing quite a few high quality players.

All this contract stuff is probably affecting on field performances.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
Oh Shit!!!!!

He's getting plenty of minutes.

I wonder why he's leaving?

He's one of my favourite players so that would be very disappointing:x:x:x

Contracts mean absolute jack shit!!

The NRL needs to address the situation because it's a let down for members of every club.

Hey Southsport I'm getting a bit of a feeling that we're freeing money in our cap for the return of Sam Burgess! Is this how you see it? A possible return for Sam next year?

Souths must buy some players as this season progresses and start re-signing Grevsmuhl, Gray, Turner, Auva'a etc.

Madge will be stressed out as we are losing quite a few high quality players.

All this contract stuff is probably affecting on field performances.

No worries. players don't leave unless the clubs agree to it.

southsport

First Grade
Do you think Madge will let him go?

What are the chances in your opinion of Sam Burgess returning next year?

Have to ask R95, he got the info on McQueen.........I think Madge will let him go.

Sam could return if he doesn't make the rugby wc squad..........but I think they will select him if only because so much $$$ has been spent on him.

rabbitohs95

Bench
It was one of those stupid DT rumours but they said today it would be announced midday today but I guess with Origin it wouldnt be. Hope he stays he is one of my favourites who debuted around the time I really started to follow league. He along with Tyrrell and Clark were part of a crop of youngsters who started as fringe first graders and those three became premiership winners.

Rabbits20

Immortal
2 weeks ago McQueen said he loves the club and wouldn't be leaving. He said he'd love to play the rest of his career at Souths.

So I don't know how these rumours started.

R95 did Gold Coast offer McQueen a lot of money to go there in the last couple of days?

Does Madge want McQueen to go?

Have McQueen and Madge had a disagreement?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
2 weeks ago McQueen said he loves the club and wouldn't be leaving. He said he'd love to play the rest of his career at Souths.

So I don't know how these rumours started.

R95 did Gold Coast offer McQueen a lot of money to go there in the last couple of days?

Does Madge want McQueen to go?

Have McQueen and Madge had a disagreement?

To answer Southsport...both. Better offers for McQueen and cap issues for Souths next season.
McQueen has been offered more money by Titans, Parramatta and someone else but has decided to remain at Souths for now. Before Isaac Luke signed for Warriors, McQueen had received offers of interest and was a chance to go. No disagreements and Maguire has strongly indicated he wants him to remain and will do so...for now.
I'm told rumour started because of Lara Pitt saying he was to be involved with a press conference or press release today...it was only going to be about missing out on SOO team and how he will fight his way back etc.
Interesting though that you have cap issues for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.