What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
If the suggestion of Gray asking for extra $$ is true I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go. His defence has been suspect of late and the tries he scores have mostly been setup for him on a platter ala AJ last year (He's been playing on AJs wing). Also injury prone. Re-sign Olive if he's not willing to stay on an appropriate salary. Don't get me wrong I love the kid but Walker and Auva'a deserve the centre spots along with the salaries that go with them.

hurricane57

Juniors
If the suggestion of Gray asking for extra $$ is true I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go. His defence has been suspect of late and the tries he scores have mostly been setup for him on a platter ala AJ last year (He's been playing on AJs wing). Also injury prone. Re-sign Olive if he's not willing to stay on an appropriate salary. Don't get me wrong I love the kid but Walker and Auva'a deserve the centre spots along with the salaries that go with them.

I agree, wingers are I dime a dozen.

How come Souths don't have any six foot six Islander type wingers that are built like brick shithouses and can run like the wind. Just wondering.

southsport

First Grade

How come Souths don't have any six foot six Islander type wingers that are built like brick shithouses and can run like the wind. Just wondering.

Both AJ and Gray are Souths juniors so they'll give them a run first.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I completely agree.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Manuleleau is a kiwi and a similar height to Tupou from the Roosters.

Manuleleau played in our U20s and now is playing for Norths and could play some first grade next year. He has had injuries this year though.

He isn't built like a brick either.

We don't have any upcoming Islander wingers with a massive build, you find them a lot more in Rugby.

alien

Referee
We don't have any upcoming Islander wingers with a massive build, you find them a lot more in Rugby.

the warriors seem to have a lot of players like that always coming through their system, but they can't keep them all. that's a place where souths could look at snatching players like that who have potential

southsport

First Grade
the warriors seem to have a lot of players like that always coming through their system, but they can't keep them all. that's a place where souths could look at snatching players like that who have potential

The big wingers can have their drawbacks as well, AJ made short work of Vatuvei with speed on a couple of occassions in the last encounter.

Matrix

Juniors
Looks like the Oldfield signing rumor is pretty much confirmed by rlw and Gray being chased by melbourne.

Franko

Juniors
If we keep Auva'a, Goodwin, Gray, Manuleleua, Olive and Turner ill be happy. Then we just need a backup hooker (preferably Cam King) and a big workhorse forward (preferably Te'o) ill be stoked.

I watched Norths play yesterday and I was happy enough what I saw from Paul Carter. Was hitting very hard in defence. He could easily be our back up hooker now.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The big wingers can have their drawbacks as well, AJ made short work of Vatuvei with speed on a couple of occassions in the last encounter.

Good point you make there southsport.

These big built islander wingers can lack pace and get caught out regularly.

doyen

Bench
Read in RLW that Michael OLDFIELD has signed for 2016--from Catalans!!

When he was with Manly he was regarded,along with Brett Stewart,as being the quickest in the club.He was also rated one of the fastest in the NRL.
He also plays centre & f/b as well as wing!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

I would prefer a Warriors winger over Oldfield which is mentioned a few posts above about us potentially signing him.

You're right alien, out of all the teams the Warriors seem to have the most wingers coming through. We could get 1 off them.

Rabbits20

Immortal

So it's confirmed, shit!!!

Everyone welcome the new version of Reddy:(:(:(

Oldfield imo is in the same class as Reddy and Millard.

I've seen Oldfield play about 4 years ago and I thought he was very average.

He went to the Super League I think as he couldn't make it at the Roosters whom he went too after his stint in first grade with Manly. No NRL Club a few years ago wanted him as he was ordinary.

Justin Hunt imo is better than Oldfield.

doyen

Bench
I would prefer a Warriors winger over Oldfield which is mentioned a few posts above about us potentially signing him.

You're right alien, out of all the teams the Warriors seem to have the most wingers coming through. We could get 1 off them.

I think Madge liked Oldfield's christian name so he signed him!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

When he was with Manly he was regarded,along with Brett Stewart,as being the quickest in the club.He was also rated one of the fastest in the NRL.
He also plays centre & f/b as well as wing!

Doyen I saw Oldfield play a lot of games for Manly and he was ordinary and after a while he got dumped to NSW cup and was a fringe first grader only.

You can have your opinion but I don't rate Oldfield.

I personally think it's a dud signing like Millard.

In fact Reddy, Millard and Oldfield play at the same kind of level, a level that isn't first grade standard.

doyen

Bench
He hasn't set the world on fire ,that's for sure--punted from Manly to the Roosters where he managed one game before being drop-kicked over the ocean to Catalans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts