What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Big cleanout at manly, 14 players told they are not wanted.

This is most likely the list:

Matt Ballin
Willie Mason
Feleti Mateo
Luke Burgess
David Williams
Josh Starling
Dunamis Lui
Justin Horo
James Hasson
Cheyse Blair
Jayden Hodges
Jack Little John
Siosaia Vave
Tyson Andrews

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know how Souths are going to keep all the players we have.

We must be starting to be under cap pressure.

We are in the process of re-signing Auva'a and Gray and in early negotiations of re-signing Lowe.

I don't know how we will hold onto Turner and Goodwin?

Maybe we will keep Turner and unfortunately we won't be able to keep Goodwin.

Maybe we will tell McQueen to go! Mcqueen is on 300k a season.

Interesting times ahead.............................

arda.dalcik

Juniors
from a very close source to goodwin and reddy.

goodwin has been offered a contract by the titans and reddy has been offered contracts by Japanese rugby.

those 2 players will not be at south sydney next year.

Rabbits20

Immortal

goodwin has been offered a contract by the titans and reddy has been offered contracts by Japanese rugby.

Thanks for that.

I'm pretty sure Millard will go too.

alien

Referee

not surprised considering the new back line signings and also the juniors coming through. with luke and goodwin gone, i wonder who will be the backup goal kicker...

Rabbits20

Immortal
not surprised considering the new back line signings and also the juniors coming through. with luke and goodwin gone, i wonder who will be the backup goal kicker...

I would say it will be Dylan Walker.

Also I've given some thoughts about our cap, re-signing players etc..... a few posts above.

You should have a look alien!

I'd like to know your thoughts about it.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Also I've given some thoughts about our cap, re-signing players etc..... a few posts above.

You should have a look alien!

I'd like to know your thoughts about it.

it's hard to know how much under the salary cap they are because they don't show how much each player is on, so it's just guess work. we also don't know which players are getting paid by a third party and how much. clubs that aren't good at getting third parties to help are never going to be good consistently. it's so important. then there are back ended contracts (which i believe is a bad idea). i don't know what's happening with mcqueen. a while ago i heard he might be going to titans.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
it's hard to know how much under the salary cap they are because they don't show how much each player is on, so it's just guess work. we also don't know which players are getting paid by a third party and how much. clubs that aren't good at getting third parties to help are never going to be good consistently. it's so important. then there are back ended contracts (which i believe is a bad idea). i don't know what's happening with mcqueen. a while ago i heard he might be going to titans.

Thanks for those very good points.

I wonder if we have enough to keep Turner and Lowe?

Lowe wants to stay and I assume Turner would too. We should focus on keeping Turner before Lowe.

Time will tell.....................

alien

Referee
Thanks for those very good points.

I wonder if we have enough to keep Turner and Lowe?

Lowe wants to stay and I assume Turner would too. We should focus on keeping Turner before Lowe.

Time will tell.....................

i don't think those 2 would be on too much coin anyway. they should be able to keep both in the squad if they want to

Matrix

Juniors

We have only signed one back,kelly is not coming he re-signed with the titans.

Matrix

Juniors
Thanks for that info.

We must have been close to getting him.

I think it was more a case of lazy journalism from the telegraph.According to them he was a virtual done deal at souths and about 6 hours later the gold coast bulletin said he had agreed to terms on a 2 year deal to stay at the titans.

Matrix

Juniors
oh ok. i guess they'll be looking at some players from the lower grades as more depth then

I think they will bring in some depth players from other clubs.Our lower grade results havent been flash at all this year and Madge doesnt seem happy with the outside back depth judging by the oldfield signing and attempts to sign Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.