What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

souths_pride

Juniors
Not sure if Tom would want to leave. He has an almost guaranteed spot in the 17 and he's playing with his brothers, but then again it would be a good opportunity for him to prove himself in a team that needs his size and playing style. Hope all the Burgess' stay and Sam comes back sooner rather than later.

There is no way we would let him leave given the way that we play and his importance to the team. I get the feeling that the Burgess twins are going to be what I call "priority players" or players that we need to keep at all costs. I would also be surprised if Manly could afford him given that there going to have a huge chunk of their salary cap space taken up in trying to retain Foran and Cherry-Evans.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just don't want either Tom or George to be lured to Manly by Luke. That Kelly guy who was with us and now with Manly is a fool.

Luke isn't a big loss. Just lose a minor amount of more depth. But the young guys are very exciting coming through and Madge is very good with them.

Must keep Tom and George. I'm more or less hoping they stay after 2015.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Also has anyone heard any news on Thompson Teteh? He was suppsed to be on a trial and train contract but isn't on the website with the other players.

He was on the official Rabbitohs website player profiles 2 weeks ago.

My only guess is he didn't perform well and Madge had to be honest and cut him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have a feeling we might just retain him and Auva'a and sweep everything under the carpet. Whether that's a good thing i'm not sure......

We have too imo. Our squad is already going to be tested a lot for depth this year.

We may see Auva'a late in the season.

Who knows though with Cody.

But the fact they won't play much of season is a major let down actually.

Zigwaa

Bench
Pros;

Cons;

- Could mean the twins move on after next year
- Less depth in the squad

Imo the pros outweigh the cons but it's an interesting move, good for all parties involved

I disagree. I think it means we can afford to retain both George and Tom for the future.

Sad to see Luke go, he's played some great games for us. In saying that though he's not in our top 20 players and will make Manly's starting team easily.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
I just don't want either Tom or George to be lured to Manly by Luke. That Kelly guy who was with us and now with Manly is a fool.

Luke isn't a big loss. Just lose a minor amount of more depth. But the young guys are very exciting coming through and Madge is very good with them.

Must keep Tom and George. I'm more or less hoping they stay after 2015.

the twins will follow the money - UK/French Rugby

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
We have too imo. Our squad is already going to be tested a lot for depth this year.

We may see Auva'a late in the season.

Who knows though with Cody.

But the fact they won't play much of season is a major let down actually.

Auva'a will sit out a year like Ferguson or maybe more

Matrix

Juniors
the twins will follow the money - UK/French Rugby

With their body type the only position they could play in union is prop,after packing into 10 or 12 union scrums they would come running back to league.Union scrums are a lot tougher on the body than league scrums and anybody who has no experience of it at a high school age would struggle immensely to learn it,imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Auva'a will sit out a year like Ferguson or maybe more

If Auva'a has completed what was asked of him the NRL could allow him back in around Round 23.

It's a 9 month suspension then a review.

Not at least a year and then a review Marshall!

Didn't you read about it or hear on the news?

South Sydney Rabbitohs step up bid to secure Adam Reynolds and Luke Keary

• by: Paul Crawley
  • January 26, 2015 12:00AM

DEPARTING South Sydney boss Shane Richardson has stepped up his campaign to hand the Rabbitohs a farewell gift by securing the futures of in-demand halves Adam Reynolds and Luke Keary.

The Daily Telegraph understands Keary is close to agreeing to a contract extension with the premiers and the announcement could come sooner rather than later.
Reynolds’ management also met with the club in recent days following Richardson’s announcement he would take up the newly-created position as NRL’s head of game strategy and development.
Like Keary, Reynolds also wants to stay at the club he grew up supporting, but his future could hinge on what happens with Manly’s Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.
If the Sea Eagles end up losing Foran and Cherry-Evans, they are set to make a play for Reynolds.
Manly are also interested in the Gold Coast’s Aidan Sezer as a back-up option for 2016.South Sydney's Chief Executive Shane Richardson leaves the Rabbitohs in search of new challenges as head of game strategy at the NRL
Richardson said it was not his policy to speculate on contract negotiations.
Foran wants to give the Sea Eagles the respect of not starting official negotiations with rival clubs before he has exhausted discussions with Manly, but it is appearing increasingly unlikely he will stay. It is understood Foran has massive concerns about the club’s future direction and under-resourced off-field facilities.
Manly are yet to make an opening offer to Foran but it is no secret Parramatta and the Bulldogs are ready to jump if they get the green light from Foran’s management.
Foran has an extremely high opinion of Parramatta coach Brad Arthur, who he worked with previously at Manly, while he has always spoken highly about Des Hasler, who went close to signing the star five-eighth the last time Foran was off contract.
If Foran does leave, it makes Cherry-Evans’ decision even more critical for Manly.
It was revealed in The Sunday Telegraph that Titans coach Neil Henry had dinner last week with Cherry-Evans in Sydney. The Gold Coast see the halfback as the player they want to build their club around.
They are said to be working hard at every level to come up with a package that would make the player tipped to be the future Queensland and Australian captain the Gold Coast’s latest attraction — on and off the field.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-rabbitohs-step-up-bid-to-secure-adam-reynolds-and-luke-keary/story-fni3gki8-1227196234361?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20%28Daily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL%29

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Keary it looks like will be re-signed before Reynolds.

Surely Reynolds wouldn't consider going to Manly even for more money.

Now f**king filthy scum Manly wants our players. Makes me angry.

This stupid CEO Kelly will have a few more targets to try to lure over to Manly as well. Tom, George, Reynolds plus more...............

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Cherry Evans and Foran leave Manly it just further shows how dysfunctional Manly are.

Even if Reynolds gets offered 1million he shouldn't take it to play for scum.

I'm confident 90percent he will stay with us but you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.