What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders All-Time Neville Team

edabomb

First Grade
Nathan Barnes never even played first grade for us. Plus he was a pretty solid player in the Knights teams of the mid 90s. Injury killed his career at Penrith. He is clearly a level above most of the other names mentioned.

woodgers

Bench
i think he has played about 3 games and scored about 4 tries
not a bad strike rate for a "neville"
Didn't he get 3 on debut, one against the Knights at Energy Australia off a kick and one against the Roosters in the Semi?

Did he score against Souths in the romp? I would check the stats but I can't be bothered.

thickos

First Grade
edabomb said:
Nathan Barnes never even played first grade for us. Plus he was a pretty solid player in the Knights teams of the mid 90s. Injury killed his career at Penrith. He is clearly a level above most of the other names mentioned.

Incorrect Ed, i hate to say. He had one first grade game, Canberra v Northern Eagles, Rd 2 2000, which I was at. He was Ok. Plus he used to play for Parra mate...

edabomb

First Grade
I just remember him at Newcastle having a pretty good center pairing with Ainscough in 1994 and 1995. Think he was with Penrith around the time of Super League, must of gone Parramatta after then linked with us in 2000. Anyway the point I was trying to make is he isn't a neville, just injury prone!!!

My infos been off a bit the last few days, after exams I'm going to live in a cave for a week with any Canberra related items I can find.

Bryon

Juniors
First of all u guys keep calling me BYRON!!! which I f*ckin hate. Can't u guys READ???!!!!!!!

Anyways, I'll give in that Nathan Smith is a half-decent backrower, but on the wing he is shit. My basis is that he is TOO slow!!!! Wingers are supposed to be the fastest in the team like a greyhound, yet Nathan is slow as an old mule!

Wow he scored a try per match, big deal. Did u guys see those tries? Any Neville could've scored them (besides Moggy boy set most of em up). Thus proving my point that he really is a Neville in the true sense of the word.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Byron Byron Byron, what games are you watching! (jokes buddy)

Bryon, a few of those tries he had to beat 2-3 defenders, he got 3 lolly pops that any idiot could have scored but he scored 3 that most wouldnt have, through evasive footwork and stregth... but i agree in one respect as a winger he wouldnt cut it for a long term prospect but he will do nicely as a back rower :mrgreen:

Kris_man

Bench
Byron (note the spelling :lol: ) is right, Nathan Smith is indeed a neville winger.
Bryon said:
Wow he scored a try per match, big deal. Did u guys see those tries? Any Neville could've scored them (besides Moggy boy set most of em up)
I don't know, i reckon Mark Asbock would have struggled :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
ball boy said:
your kidding skeepe terry martin what the hell have you been smoking he isnt even a 5/8

I know, but going on the basis that he has in fact started a few matches in the 5/8th position I put him there. I actually rate Terry Martin when he plays in the back row but he was deadset the worst 5/8th I've ever seen. Hence his inclusion.

Raider_69

Post Whore
greeneyed said:
Brandon Costin mostly played in the centres for us.

but he did play 5/8th at some times, he is cleary worse than Martin, Martin only played one game of 5/8th

skeepe

Immortal
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here because I thought Pearson was a pretty good player for us.