What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders All-Time Neville Team

thickos

First Grade
1. Rod Maybon
2. Geoff MacNamara
3. Damon Booby
4. David Schrader
5. Craig O'Neall
6. Brandon Costin
7. Brett Finch
8. Peter Penaia
9. Jason Burnham
10. Anthony Brann
11. Brad Kelly
12. Anthony Collela
13. Luke Williamson

14. Jason Bulgarelli
15. Mark Asbock
16. James Buser
17. Adam Peters

:?

jed

First Grade
Peter Penaia has surely got to be the most over-hyped player that never there was.

Bryon

Juniors
Nope
I do mean THIS YEARS Nathan Smith

I seriously dont know how u guys can rate him?

He's just Jimmy Evans reincarnated.
He is a typical Neville.

skeepe

Immortal
1. Greg Wolfgramm
2. Albert Fulivai
3. Damon Booby
4. Graham Appo
5. Royston Lightning
6. Terry Martin
7. Trevor Schodel
8. David Woods
9. Brett Boyd
10. Peter Penaia
11. Brad Kelly
12. Anthony Collela
13. Jason Burnham

14. Paul Beath
15. Michael Maguire
16. Darrell McDonald
17. Mark Corvo

Collela! Now there's a bloke who had potential, pity he got injured so often.

ball boy's not gonna be happy with your pick of Tezza, skeepe. :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
Collela! Now there's a bloke who had potential, pity he got injured so often.

ball boy's not gonna be happy with your pick of Tezza, skeepe. :)

i agree
Collela was a bloke i rated highly, had it not been for injuries who knows
he was one of if not my favourite player when he was with us, i rated him

Raider_69

Post Whore
Byron - give it away mate
Nathen Smith is a gun, played some fantastic footy, his defence in reguards to positional play isnt quite there but he has great footwork and strength... his pace needs a bit of work but he is moving to the back row so i guess he dosnt need it

raiders_boy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Nathen Smith is a gun, played some fantastic footy, his defence in reguards to positional play isnt quite there but he has great footwork and strength... his pace needs a bit of work but he is moving to the back row so i guess he dosnt need it
Is he really?

Cos personally I agree with Byron... As a winger I don't rate him. I think a move to the back row would be good.

ps. Moggy makes him look good

Raider_69

Post Whore
raiders_boy said:
Raider_69 said:
Is he really?

Cos personally I agree with Byron... As a winger I don't rate him. I think a move to the back row would be good.

ps. Moggy makes him look good

he isnt quick enough for a winger sure but i think he is a fine player

brenno

Juniors
i have yet to see FAT payten's name mentioned. How can you have a team of Raiders neville's without waste of time payten in it? Btw, i would have had Bloody Burnham as captain along with Tryan Smith coming off the bench as an "impact" player.

woodgers

Bench
There were others who have failed to get a mention.

Damon Booby for starters. David Boyle also comes to mind as does Trevor Schodel and Nathan Barnes.

Legend, you beat me to it. All the names at the top and I kept thinking 'where are Schodel and Barnes?' I would still rate Bulgarelli worse than anyone that has been named thus far.

Skeepe, you were far too harsh. Martin? Beath? McDonald and even Woods? Those players didn't set the world on fire but they were handy reserve graders, definately not Nevilles. Martin is a very competent 1st grader if you ask me.

Byron, surely you jest. Nathan Smith has played how many 1st grade games and has done really well. Have a look at the tape of our semi this year against the Roosters as I did the other day and have a look at how well he went. He was the best Raider on the park. Elliott used him like Rocket Rod gets used for Nth Qld and it worked. In the middle of the Ruck he is a very decent player. Not a bad winger either, from memory he scored in almost every game he played if not every one.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think he averages more than a try a game atm
i think he has played about 3 games and scored about 4 tries
not a bad strike rate for a "neville"

EDIT: just cheaked , 6 games, 6 tries
not a bad effort IMO