What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Army 2006

Boing Boing

Juniors
Ha! I don't actually remember making a bet with you at the beginning of this season, Azz. And as far as I'm concerned, unless you miss a game, I won't be making the bet either. :lol:

Boing Boing

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
it's because you know you'd lose again ;-)

Ha! Yeah I reckon I would, I'm going to miss another 3 matches in January so it would be stupid of me to take up the bet. I'll be in it winter for sure though.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeh, hopefully a review will be up for the next match I play in. Can't write anything too bad, considering we have the website advertised on the shirts. Actually, bugger it!

Sully

Juniors
Boing..

Its always the referee with you. The ref isn't to blame when you drop the ball cold or trip over your own shoe laces.

Clown.

SOULS 04

Juniors
is it football season yet?

nope! damn!

really nervous about this move to canberra... really hoping for a smooth changeover

greeneyed

First Grade
I see the Army has taken this thread "behind closed doors" in a separate forum not open to most people. I had been keen to support banners etc financially, up to this, but this approach is something that seems very "exclusive". I am happy for the Army to do whatever they wish, but I don't think it is a great approach, and, clearly, they don't want my involvement. Good luck with it guys.

Raider_69

Post Whore
GE, hold the phone mate, i thought they were ditching me too :lol: but ive spoken to jed about it and they are still in the process of setting the Army forum up, it will be invite only rather than password protected, it will be all sorted in the next few days im sure :)

greeneyed

First Grade
I spoke to Jed too and there is no concern for the likes of me based on my discussion with Jed. I offered to hand over cash last weekend when I saw Jed for banners, but he said... no... there is another arrangement.... Now Jed has said I am excluded. Well fine. Good luck to the Army though.

woodgers

Bench
GE, I don't know about the others but I don't even know the password for the forum either. I can't even comment on what has been written in another thread because I simply haven't read it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: jeds made a army forum for himself and himself only to occupy!

"We are the... JED'S ARMY!"

Boing Boing

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Well Jed has lost me on this one.

Mate, I think you're jumping the gun a bit here and I'm going to resist the temptation to say that you're being childish. I spoke with Jed and legend yesterday and to my understanding, it IS exclusive, to everyone who can access the clubhouse. It is still being set up and will take a few days to get in order.

See that "Raiders Army 2006" thread in the raiders forum? That is what the Army forum is replacing. It's simply a way to split up and organise Raiders Army discussion.

greeneyed

First Grade
Well, Jed and I are friends. I hope he would call me that. He certainly lost me on that particular thread, but not in general. He clearly told me that it would only be "Raiders Army" to this board and I would not be included. So you tell me. I had no idea why he was telling me what he did. Seems to have "changed". However, Jed is a great guy.

Boing Boing... I am very happy to be called "childish" as that makes me feel a lot younger than I am. Anyway... it seems to me that the Raiders Army ought to try and be less "exclusive" than they are.... they seem unfriendly to new people and they seem to be a bit unruly and get bad publicity because of it. So it is up to the Army to turn that around.

legend

Coach
I disagree on your last point Greeneyed as I ventured down to Canberra before the start of the season with Jed to have a chat with all the lads in the Army and they made me feel most welcome.

I also had lunch with them before the Raiders/Roosters semi in 2004 and again at no stage did I find the Army a closed shop.

I think they have done a great job to raise the profile of the team and when the Raiders score at home, the Army is the first place the camera pans to so they must be doing something right.