What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Army 2006

Raider_69

Post Whore
agreed
the army did the job on me so they got that right
even went a long way to helping me convert a sharkies fan into a bon-afied raider :)

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Well, Jed and I are friends. I hope he would call me that. He certainly lost me on that particular thread, but not in general. He clearly told me that it would only be "Raiders Army" to this board and I would not be included. So you tell me. I had no idea why he was telling me what he did. Seems to have "changed". However, Jed is a great guy.
Originally it was to have been Army, however the decision was made to open it up to all Army chat, not just Army members.

Sully

Juniors
Alright an update which might spark a bit of chat:

• Bay has had a meeting with the club
  • Possible further discussions incuding Woodgers
  • Club want to move to bay 66 (not decided yet)
  • Do not purchase season pass. Wait for Bay to call you. If you have not been called PM myself, Boing Boing or Bay and we will call you.
  • Club looking at making Raiders Army Flag, similar to prior discussions
  • Looking at ways of expansion
  • Assistance with Banners, Flags etc
I will update shortly.

Thoughts...???

Loz

Juniors
What are everyones thoughts on the possible move to bay 66?

To me, it doesn't feel like home...

Raider Azz

Bench
sounds like the meeting went OK then sully. although ill believe the club will make us a flag and assist us with banners etc when i see it......

Raider_69

Post Whore
sounds like the club are finally opening up and starting to give us abit of support, which cant be a bad thing

whatwhat

Juniors
I hope we get Bay 72, wouldnt be the same anywhere else, it is good but how the club is willing to help i guess..

Boing Boing

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Well, Jed and I are friends. I hope he would call me that. He certainly lost me on that particular thread, but not in general. He clearly told me that it would only be "Raiders Army" to this board and I would not be included. So you tell me. I had no idea why he was telling me what he did. Seems to have "changed". However, Jed is a great guy.

Boing Boing... I am very happy to be called "childish" as that makes me feel a lot younger than I am. Anyway... it seems to me that the Raiders Army ought to try and be less "exclusive" than they are.... they seem unfriendly to new people and they seem to be a bit unruly and get bad publicity because of it. So it is up to the Army to turn that around.

That particular statement reeks of someone who has sat with the Army only once. You sat with us at Parramatta this year, do you really think we're that exclusive? What is it that you think we do that turns people away? Creating atmosphere at Bruce stadium? Lifting the players when the going get's tough? Or perhaps it's the attitude that we all dig in if a mate is in trouble.

I think if you come and sit with us at games, you'll notice people just walking up out of the crowd asking questions such as if they can join. We have had parents coming up asking us to do our shirts in a children's size. Yep, we're an unruly bunch and we're always starting trouble.

The Army's profile has risen significantly over the last 12 montsh and as a result, we've been the target of unwanted violence on more than one occasion. The only bad bit of publicity we have had was a terribly lop-sided story that was printed in the Canberra times. A week later, they decided to print the full story. We won't be turning anything around mate because we are definitely heading in the direction we want to head and it seems to be popular.

Mate, you're welcome to your opinion, but on this occasion, it smacks of ignorance and you are just plain wrong.:)

Sully said:
Alright an update which might spark a bit of chat:
  • Bay has had a meeting with the club
  • Possible further discussions incuding Woodgers
  • Club want to move to bay 66 (not decided yet)
  • Do not purchase season pass. Wait for Bay to call you. If you have not been called PM myself, Boing Boing or Bay and we will call you.
  • Club looking at making Raiders Army Flag, similar to prior discussions
  • Looking at ways of expansion
  • Assistance with Banners, Flags etc
I will update shortly.

Thoughts...???

You are talking about the Canberra Raiders aren't you? Surely they aren't that helpful....??

I haven't renewed yet, as I thought Green Means No!!

woodgers

Bench
Greeneyed, can you please let this stupid issue be, as far as i'm concerned it is a ridiculous issue that has been flared by our forum being started before the memberlist and time was right.

I am off work next week, I hope to catch up with you for a coffee if you are available and everything will be sorted.

greeneyed

First Grade
woodgers said:
Greeneyed, can you please let this stupid issue be, as far as i'm concerned it is a ridiculous issue that has been flared by our forum being started before the memberlist and time was right.

I am off work next week, I hope to catch up with you for a coffee if you are available and everything will be sorted.

That's what I was trying to do. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Sully

Juniors
Anyway...

I can see you are all really pumped.

One day I sat with the army...

WHAT ABOUT THIS F**KING BANNER????

woodgers

Bench
Yeah it's on Sully. Went to Eric's work yesterday to have a look at some different material that his Brother sent from Hong Kong. I don't know prices yet, Eric will talk to us guys about it, however it is definitely on the hop.

Latest posts