What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Final

MilkShark

First Grade
I hope the club, coach, coaching staff and players realise the implications of being smashed in a semi can do for next year. I know the club will be pats on back, job done we made the semis. But this can all be undone if they dont have a fkn go and show some balls.
I hope Morris knows getting destroyed this weekend leaves a sour taste in the mouths of the board that will have all off season to decide his future

Chimp

Bench
I hope Morris knows getting destroyed this weekend leaves a sour taste in the mouths of the board that will have all off season to decide his future
This is my worry - Some of the things Morris has said in the last month at press conferences appears to suggest that he sees making the finals as a job well done (which in reality it might be), he also seemed to insinuate that last year was a pass mark too for getting to the finals. We just can’t be having such a loser mentality - I expect our mentality to be a minimum of ‘we’re a damn good side and we will beat anyone on our day - everything is in place to enable us to go on a run now and take out this whole comp’.

I know it’s only words, but I just feel his language sometimes shows a level of weakness.

MilkShark

First Grade
This is my worry - Some of the things Morris has said in the last month at press conferences appears to suggest that he sees making the finals as a job well done (which in reality it might be), he also seemed to insinuate that last year was a pass mark too for getting to the finals. We just can’t be having such a loser mentality - I expect our mentality to be a minimum of ‘we’re a damn good side and we will beat anyone on our day - everything is in place to enable us to go on a run now and take out this whole comp’.

I know it’s only words, but I just feel his language sometimes shows a level of weakness.
Agree, I’ve said similar in here and the other forum.

I get the impression the bar is always going to be set low, and there will always be a reason for why he can’t set the bar higher.

Generalzod

Immortal
Cheers mate, I have kayo. Will check it out now
It’s right at the end of the Show Ennius basically saying that he doesn’t want to bag the club but Cronulla where known for their grind basically their defence is crap and can’t see them do anything in the final series...didn’t we have Ennis as adviser of the club, but when Morris got the coaching job ,he got rid of Ennis

MilkShark

First Grade
It’s right at the end of the Show Ennius basically saying that he doesn’t want to bag the club but Cronulla where known for their grind basically their defence is crap and can’t see them do anything in the final series...didn’t we have Ennis as adviser of the club, but when Morris got the coaching job ,he got rid of Ennis
Yep found it. I also found it interesting he said the raiders fielded a team that had players that havent played a game this year and beat a team with internationals such as woods and graham in it. It’s true, we field half our first grade team against a their reserve grade team, and we were never even in the game.

I think we did have Ennis maybe for a short while but they gave him the flick and he went to the raiders.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Rudolf, Graham, Nikora, Woods, Brailey, TPP. That's probably our best pack. Not exactly "grinders"

Compare to the premiership winning pack

Gallen, Lewis, Graham, Fifita, Ennis, Prior.

Is it a surprise they are no longer grinders? Ennis should shut the ghuckup

Generalzod

Immortal
Rudolf, Graham, Nikora, Woods, Brailey, TPP. That's probably our best pack. Not exactly "grinders"

Compare to the premiership winning pack

Gallen, Lewis, Graham, Fifita, Ennis, Prior.

Is it a surprise they are no longer grinders? Ennis should shut the ghuckup
But who’s got game, Ennis is is entitled to his view..

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep found it. I also found it interesting he said the raiders fielded a team that had players that havent played a game this year and beat a team with internationals such as woods and graham in it. It’s true, we field half our first grade team against a their reserve grade team, and we were never even in the game.

I think we did have Ennis maybe for a short while but they gave him the flick and he went to the raiders.

They fielded 6 internationals. Mostly forwards. Where they won the game.

Don't fall for the Raiders circle jerk.

Throughout the entire fox coverage, pre game, game and post game they fapped off about the Raiders nuffies but no one mentioned the state of the Sharks team. Not one of the qhunts

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade

Throughout the entire fox coverage, pre game, game and post game they tapped off about the Raiders nuffies but no one mentioned the state of the Sharks team. Not one of the qhunts
Must have been 6 fringe internationals, I don’t really remember any big name that played for them. But my memory isn’t what it used to be.

If we could defend, and had SJ, and stopped giving away restart sets then I’d give us a fighting chance.

But I just can’t see it

Last edited:

roboshark

Coach

Throughout the entire fox coverage, pre game, game and post game they tapped off about the Raiders nuffies but no one mentioned the state of the Sharks team. Not one of the qhunts
Exactly!!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Actually was 5

Havili - 14 tests
Soliola - 20 tests
Harawira-Naera - 3 tests
Cotric - 1 test
Lui - 6 tests

Total of competition 640 games

We had Woods - 18 tests
BHU - 1/2 a test.
Nikora - 4 tests

Our entire pack only had 183 competition games.

Just because they weren't stacked with names they had it all over us for experience where it mattered.

Sure, the Sharks were shit on the day, but this Canberra won with a reserve grade team is blown way out of proportion.