What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

2010Dragons

Bench
Peter Gough is the most home town referee in the NRL. Last year in the Magic round in Brisbane. This pelican of a referee caned the Dragons and sent off two of our players. He loves controversy and the lime light.
I've mentioned it plenty of times before Peter Gough is not at NRL referee standards and at best could just referee school boys or park footy.
Without me being bias, Hunt was square at the marker but should have been penalized for holding down the raider's player in the previous tackle and sent to the bin. Gough loves to end games in controversy. It's his trademark. If you don't believe me just watch a few of his previous games and you will see what I mean.

A good referee who called a good game, should only be heard but never seen in the game.
Gough loves watching himself on the big screen.

A win is a win and we dodge a Gough bullet this time.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Anytime you losers who always think that "the refs are always against us" or "we always getting dudded by terrible ref calls", just remember that last tackle by Ben Hunt today... 1000% penalty.

So many fellow Dragons supporters love the victim mentality. Remember, terrible ref calls always end up around 50/50 over the course of a year....the curse of the human mind is that it usually only remembers the painful ones.

The raiders got absolutely dudded by the ref this afternoon. Shouldve been golden point.

Good win by the boys. Solid defence in that 2nd half. And Ben Hunt controlled the game once again. Outstanding.
Give it a rest.
People can bemoan all they want and if they want. Don't think there's any point having a dig at them on here for it.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Ref got the last call right
He called 6 again
Can't give a penalty there just because it's the 79th minute unless it's repeated infringements
You are absolutely right. Whether it’s 5, 10, 20 or 50 minutes into the game, under the current rules it is 6 again unless repeated infringements.

just watched Ricky’s presser. the whole presser was all about the last play and no mention whatsoever by the knowledgeable media that it was not a penalty. Storm in a teacup. Nothing to see here, move on.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Sucked in Raiders....how many high shots did they get away...grubby pricks all game......Wighton contributed to a lot of the rubbish out there today......The ref could have pinged these blokes at least a dozen times imo.....it wasnt a pretty win by us by any stretch but its always good when you beat grubby tactics
When Suli scored , Rapana slid on him with knees, Suli stays down possible 8 point try.

randomdragon

Juniors
Ramsey was really good. It’s a shame about the last bomb, it was a good bomb and I thought he probably could’ve turned his body. Wouldn’t matter if he dropped it backwards there was only a minute left. Our defence was great, not only goal line but linespeed in their own half, enjoyed watching the game and felt a bit comfortable tbh

ozbuck

Juniors
Haha. Another one.

It was a ruck infringement. Perhaps you should look up the rules. Just because the commentators know Jack Schitt doesn't mean you have to follow suit.
6 again was for Hunts flop or ruck infridgement.

He then was offside at marker. Shouldve been a penalty.

But wait til next time when we get a rough call.... "Boo hoo we were robbed. Refs are rigged. I'm a little victim. I feel wronged. It always happened to us" hahaha I'm dragons fan but so many supporters here are so one eyed and can't see the broader picture.

redv13

Bench
Peter Gough is the most home town referee in the NRL. Last year in the Magic round in Brisbane. This pelican of a referee caned the Dragons and sent off two of our players. He loves controversy and the lime light.
I've mentioned it plenty of times before Peter Gough is not at NRL referee standards and at best could just referee school boys or park footy.
Without me being bias, Hunt was square at the marker but should have been penalized for holding down the raider's player in the previous tackle and sent to the bin. Gough loves to end games in controversy. It's his trademark. If you don't believe me just watch a few of his previous games and you will see what I mean.

A good referee who called a good game, should only be heard but never seen in the game.
Gough loves watching himself on the big screen.

A win is a win and we dodge a Gough bullet this time.
We are 11-4 under Gough throughout his career so I’ll take him every bloody week 👌🏻

redv13

Bench
Whole team played well today - considering the conditions which were absolutely shocking

All the people talking shit about Ramsey should just think to themselves, imagine if Dufty was a fb today lol
Absolutely horrendous conditions for any player let alone a fullback. Disappointing that some on here want to criticise Ramsey and say he had a “shocker”. We won for Christ sakes and Ramsey did some really good things especially stopping Tapine from scoring. Get a grip people

qld redvee

Juniors
A real gutsy win in the conditions but we make it so bloody hard for ourselves at times especially when we had no idea what to do on the raiders tryline in that second half. this is where I think we really do need an impact forward on the bench that can run hard so we keep "momentum " going . moose would have been handy
we really need to follow this win with another against the donkeys especially with the state of origin players out ..

Whole team played well today - considering the conditions which were absolutely shocking

All the people talking shit about Ramsey should just think to themselves, imagine if Dufty was a fb today lol
I am (or more correctly was) a Dusty lover, but you are 110% right there Big Rig.
Ramsay had a very good game and it has been that way since he took over.
And that’s not being critical of Sloan.
He’ll be back.
Somewhere, sometime, in the team.

thebigredv

First Grade
Some ramblings...

That second half was a strange one from start to finish. The weather, the tactics and the controversial finish.

I haven't re-watched that last Hunt tackle. My gut told me at the time we were very lucky and it was a bit of a gutless no call against the away team. Swings and roundabouts I guess but I guess what matters is at the end of the day I saw two teams that will complete another season without impacting it greatly. Two of the most frustrated fan bases in the league.

Hard to be critical with defending the tiny lead for the last 40 minutes as the tactic worked and it was ugly weather. We are getting really consistent with scoreless halves this year. The physicality was impressive though. Two points closer to finals which is the pass mark I wouldn't mind seeing us reach for once!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
To be completely honest I didn't think we would win today. Seeing manly beat the storm and the rabbits beat the eels along with the weather made me think this was the game we would drop and cause us to chase our tail from outside the 8 for the remainder of the year.

To see such a courageous and gutsy performance like that in the worst conditions imaginable was very encouraging for all of us.

Ramsey, Hunt and Sims were the standouts for mine but most promising was everyone played well and played like a team the whole time, so very well done to all of them. Ramsey made some mistakes like all fullbacks would've under the conditions but his attitude and commitment was top notch which is all we can ask for. It's clear if he played fullback in magic round we'd be sitting at 7th with a four point buffer in the top 8 now and I hope Sloan learns a thing or two from Ramsey's effort today.

Bring on next week now, Broncos with back to back losses and without origin players is a winnable game for us, hope we can produce another team performance like today!

Latest posts