What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders have to start buying.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
It's silly, raiders need to start signing some big name players. I'm pretty sure every other nrl team has atleast signed 2 big name players in the last 4 years. When was the last time we signed a big name player? We can't continually be relying on our so called future junior stars.

sydraider

First Grade
We need a coach who can bring out talent, we had no problems with sheens but have been busted asses since.
I wanted Bellamy before elliot, look at what bellamy has done with the young blokes at the storm.
We have some great young talent at the raiders right now, the next coaching appointment is crucial.

KevinArnold

Juniors
I read somewhere that the Raiders haven't signed a Rep player since 1994? Current rep player I believe.

sydraider

First Grade
KevinArnold said:
I read somewhere that the Raiders haven't signed a Rep player since 1994? Current rep player I believe.

But we damn well made a few of them!

The proof is there, it is down to coaching.

Sheens& Tigpies anyone??

Bench
We were awful on Friday night,but we had 6 players out of our 18 man squad for the grand final on the injured list,2 others have left,what excuse have the Raiders got.
70 points is unforgivable,I don't know what Elliott can do,at least Sheens has 8 players to come back in to the team.
Normally at home the Raiders are lucky to give up 16 points,it may be a long year.

Mal Meninga

Bench
At home it's rarely that hot.
The Raiders were disgraceful, I put it down to coaching and David Howell.
Defensive mentality was dreadful, the equivalent of a touch footy game.

What sh*ts me is that last year we supposedly had all this big money to spend, and where the f**k did it go?????

We are apparently in the market for a few players this year but only time will tell if we sign anyone decent or sign nuffies like Howell, how the f**k they re-signed him I dont know, the guy stinks

Edwahu

Bench
851 said:
We were awful on Friday night,but we had 6 players out of our 18 man squad for the grand final on the injured list,2 others have left,what excuse have the Raiders got.
70 points is unforgivable,I don't know what Elliott can do,at least Sheens has 8 players to come back in to the team.
Normally at home the Raiders are lucky to give up 16 points,it may be a long year.

Well if you want to use that excuse, we are missing 15 of our first grade squad. Throw in guys that left and its about 20.

Its not an excuse though. Why the F*ck is Smelliot been kept around to stink the joint up?

sydraider

First Grade
Edwahu said:
Well if you want to use that excuse, we are missing 15 of our first grade squad. Throw in guys that left and its about 20.

Its not an excuse though. Why the F*ck is Smelliot been kept around to stink the joint up?

To help us re-sign players?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Zillman certainly looked the goods IMO
positionally he was bad and missed a few tackles but thats why he is a half not a fullback

Big Mick

Referee
yeah blame the coach...

Never blame the players for being sh*t or the administration for not trying hard enough to attract better players aye.

Coach can only work with what he's got and Canberra aside from Schif and Smith have f**k all. Young team but you can't expect a young team to win every week, particularly when your captain is out.

Edwahu

Bench
Big Mick © said:
yeah blame the coach...

Never blame the players for being sh*t or the administration for not trying hard enough to attract better players aye.

Coach can only work with what he's got and Canberra aside from Schif and Smith have f**k all. Young team but you can't expect a young team to win every week, particularly when your captain is out.

Elliot has been in charge of player development for five seasons. He is responsible for the cattle that was out there.

sydraider

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
yeah blame the coach...

Whats up Mick, getting defensive of the incoming already ;-)

Latest posts