What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders have to start buying.

Razor

Coach
Phillips said:
Brian Carney isnt a big name?

And who's the other one. It was stated that every other team had signed at least 2 current rep players the last 4 years. The Knights have signed one

Kirk Reynoldson? Luke Davico? Not HUGE names, but I doubt anyone would doubt that kind of mettle.

Well if you want to talk about players of the ability of Reynsoldson and Davico. Last year Canberra signed Jason Smith, Andrew Lomu and Craig Frawley. All of whom are better quality players than Davico and Kirk.

Craig Smith is the only other top class player along with Carney that the Knights have signed since Kennedy in 2000.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are the Raiders skint? There must be financial reasons why year after year they fail to attract any big name players to Canberra. They look a bit of a basket case at the moment and when you are banking your season on a player of the age and physical fraility of Jason Smith you know you are going to be in strife!

aussies1st

Staff member
Its not financial reasons, its just we are crap don't get many players playing for reps side hence no one wants to come here.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Well when you have jokers like Howell in the team... and furthur more the coach thinks hes a future rep player, than mega problems will occur.

richie8u

Juniors
who has Penrith Signed??
presto was in the reverves
priddis is the only "name" player that we have signed

I'd like to congratulate the Knights for belting the sh*t out of my team yesterday. That's the worst performance that a Raiders side has ever displayed. Disgusting. Some changes need to be made badly...and I think everyone's in agreeance that Howell is the first one that needs to go. But since he's Elliott's close personal friend Mick Potter's nephew....he's apparantley gonna be a future rep star!!

Rod

Bench
richie8u said:
who has Penrith Signed??
presto was in the reverves
priddis is the only "name" player that we have signed

Didn't the panthers sign campbell the year after he had torn it up for the sharks and got player of the year?

choc_soldier

Coach
Since Amos Roberts in 2004, we really haven't snapped up anyone of note.

But we'll go hard come July 1 this year.

choc_soldier

Coach
Rod said:
Didn't the panthers sign campbell the year after he had torn it up for the sharks and got player of the year?

Kimmorley arrived at the club in 2002 (after Presto won the Dally M in 2001) and was more or less shafted by Anderson. I don't know if he sough a release or his contract was up, but Penrith got him for 2003.

Iafeta

Referee
Two things

1. The Raiders can't be favourites for the spoon, its going through customs as speak headed for Auckland International
  2. If you can't attract good players, do what we did - rort the cap... and still F'N finish nowhere FFS!!!
Canberra fans, I feel your pain!

Its not hard to tell why, as someone has said in this thread, we have no current rep players, and wont for some time to come unless the new coach whoever the f**k it is turns us around, nobody wants to play for a club where they have no chance at rep footy, ill give you an example:

At the beginning of 03, come origin time, we were on top of the ladder, Clinton Schifcofske was leading point scorer and leading the dally m (at the time) he was light years ahead at that point in the season, and they picked wesser for queensland, from there on, we slid to finish 4th.

That season for me goes to show, it doesn't really matter how well you are playing, its who you play for that is the key (unless things have changed, I dont pay attention much to rep footy now)

Latest posts