What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders May Have Room for 1 More

lukethejedi

Juniors
Raiders May Have Room for 1 More
21/09/04: Canberra Raiders General Manager Don Furner revealed today that after reviewing their salary cap position for 2005 the Raiders may have room for at least 1 more signing.

"We are adding 11 new players to our roster for the 2005 season, combining a solid mix of experienced players with youthful up and coming talent.

"At our end of season review we agreed that we may be able to add one more player to our squad and remain within our budget.

"Provided the right player comes along that’s what we plan to do." Furner said.

The Raiders have added the following players to their 2005 list:

Matt Adamson (Leeds UK)
Jermaine Ale (Roosters Premier League)
Damon Alley-Tovio (Rabbitohs)
Craig Frawley (Brisbane Broncos)
Bronx Goodwin (Sharks Premier League)
Clint Hill (Port Kembla)
Ryan Hinchcliffe (Parramatta Premier League)
David Howell (Dragons Premier League)
Michael Howell (Dragons Premier League)
Ben Jones (Redcliffe, Brisbane)
Jason Smith (Hull UK)

Any of you heard bout this clint hill and ben jones guys

DJ Raida

Bench
nope : /

1 more? why are we buying another player when we just bought 11. plus our premier league side rules as it is. I say keep the money

MC

Juniors
Clint Hill played PL for the Dragons in 2001 and 2002 before making his NRL debut for the Tigers in 2003. For 2004 he had signed with Newcastle before pulling out of his contract for personal reasons.

He has played in the Wollonong local comp this year

Brimmer

Juniors
I've seen Ben Jones play once or twice this year. He is a really good player but whether he can step up to the big time? - Time will tell I guess.... He's still a young whipper snapper though...

GAME FIRST

Juniors
Clint Hill is an aggressive and strong young prop who is an excellent prospect- he was very good with saints and since has been unlucky at the Tigers.

Good signing.

Kris_man

Bench
this "we don't need another player" talk is a load of bull. it's best to have as many good players as possible within the cap, plus, relying on PL talent is a recipe for disaster (look at Newcastle's 2004 season, and Canberra's "we don't need anyone axternal" policay of 2003/04. I totally agree with Furner, too, that we could do with another hooker/half. withers would be ideal, but if Ferris is still the player he was then he'd be OK too.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
kris_man said:
this "we don't need another player" talk is a load of bull. it's best to have as many good players as possible within the cap, plus, relying on PL talent is a recipe for disaster (look at Newcastle's 2004 season, and Canberra's "we don't need anyone axternal" policay of 2003/04. I totally agree with Furner, too, that we could do with another hooker/half. withers would be ideal, but if Ferris is still the player he was then he'd be OK too.

In most cases I agree. You can never have enough depth. However I would have rather kept the cash tha sign Damon Alley-Tovio. Also does anyone know if kahler has re-signed or not. Wasnt he one of a few still off contract?

LUKEY

Juniors
I dont think we need anyone else at the moment as I think we have allready missed out. We could of had Jamie Lyon but NO we had to wait to the end of the season. :evil:
Anyway guys how are you i am a new member that will be here for the off season.
:mrgreen:

thickos

First Grade
Welcome LUKEY, good to have you on board champ 8)

Stay clear of the negos and you'll be fine :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
thickos said:

Sounds like he has kicked off in the negos camp Thickos........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
greeneyed said:
thickos said:

Sounds like he has kicked off in the negos camp Thickos........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

*shakes fist* damn you negos!!! :lol:

Ah well, he's new... plenty of time for people to convince him to see their point of view... Bay56 is preparing the opening oratory as we speak :lol:

Latest posts