What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders return in November

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
brenno said:
i'm looking foward to seeing how mick dobson goes. I've seen him play in the ESL and he has a very good kicking game, very similiar to matthew head of the dragons. Cositgan and Dobson will compete for starting positions straight away you would think.
Not against each other, though, I hope :cool:

sydraider

First Grade
Timbo said:
I agree with reptar.

People get deliriously happy when we scrape into the semi's by the skins of our teeth and get smashed in week one.

To quote a really bad movie-If you aint first, you're last.

Shake and Bake, Timbo.

dubby

Bench
Raider_69 said:
easy skeepe
the talent in the squad could have gone alot further then we did. It was an average season, neither successful or a failure

Then why did you NOT tip them to make the 8 at the start of the year?

edabomb

First Grade
dubby said:

Don't you remember? 69s crew were convinced Elliott was going to try and bring the Raiders down from the inside after signing with Penny. They were right IMO, Elliott left us right where he wants us.... :lol:

Macko8

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Try the veal!

haha im with you bro....i think Veal Pamatangi will surprise a few people with his form next season, its just a prediction, but his versatile enough to play centre and 2nd row , like that over-rated bloke called sonny bill-williams.
Id love to see Veal put a few shoulders on williams next season, but he has to make the top grade first :D

dubby

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Don't you remember? 69s crew were convinced Elliott was going to try and bring the Raiders down from the inside after signing with Penny. They were right IMO, Elliott left us right where he wants us.... :lol:

Yeah I know dude, I was just pointing out the obvious to 69. ;-)

Some guys are just hard to please and then there are those who are just impossible. Then there are Elliot bashers....

hrundi99

First Grade
Macko8 said:
haha im with you bro....i think Veal Pamatangi will surprise a few people with his form next season, its just a prediction, but his versatile enough to play centre and 2nd row , like that over-rated bloke called sonny bill-williams.
Id love to see Veal put a few shoulders on williams next season, but he has to make the top grade first :D

I was actually responding to Titties joke but hey, go for it.

Raider_69

Post Whore

:lol: :lol: since when did they become my crew? Last time i checked everyone had their own brain and thought for themselves... i certainly dont influence them at all.

and i challange you to find me ONE serious quote where i claimed this
i said a number of times that whilst i dont rate him, he is not that sort of person. So ed, put up or shut up :cool:

Raider_69

Post Whore
dubby said:

The same reason i didnt Tip us once this season in my comps, the same reason i wont tip us next season... im very superstitous when it comes to canberra, im convinced if i tip them to do well, they wont. I will tip them to go ordinary but i expect them to go extremely well all things considering... its wierd i know, but thats me :lol:

edabomb

First Grade
But you're going round predicting us to be in the top 6 next season in the NRL forum here????

Chachi

Bench
I'm actually looking forward to Glen Turner appearing in the mighty lime green. I think he could be an outstanding buy for us. I've never seen Pamatangi play, but by the sounds of it he could be a good prospect. Irwin could also prove to be a good pickup, but my hopes (along with most of us) are for guys like Frawley and Best to step up in the threequarters where (on paper) we look the weakest.

As always, the key will be the halves/hooker combination. Dobbo looked to be a quality player before he left for the ESL and from all accounts he's carved it up over there under a fair bit of pressure - but I've seen a lot of "quality" ESL players come over here and look pretty ordinary, so I guess we'll wait and see.

2006 was one of the most frustrating on record. IMO there were guys in PL that should have got a chance in FG and we only got into the finals because of a miraculous golden point record. Being in the finals was nice - but choking big time with a sh!thouse gameplan was pretty ordinary. Our strongest asset was the committment the boys had for each other, but having said that, we've also had a large exodus at the end of the year. On top of that, the Schif debacle was nearly the worst thing I've ever seen at the club in 25 years.

We had a good side that often took advantage when the opposition weren't at their best (partricularly the wins against the Dogs, Eels, Dragons, Broncos and Roosters), but we also got hammered a couple of times when we were under the pump and also managed to get smacked by Souths (nearly twice I might add). I had a good time watching them play each week, but other than the emergence of my Tonguey and Carney, 2006 certainly won't go down in my record books as overly "successful" - beating the wooden spoon predictions of the arrogant Sydney media isn't something to be overly happy about.

dubby

Bench
Chachi,

Our talent pool isnt that great. To make the 8, no matter how, when teams like the Tigers and Cowboys (last years GFists),Penrith & the Roosters who all have Aust and other rep players while we dont, speaks volumes of the clubs achievements.

The fact we can win the close games should mean more, because it shows faith, courage and heart not to fold under pressure.

IMHO, the team struggled with the mental capacity to play well in games against lesser clubs like SOuths and NZ. That is going to change next year I would think with so many new players and a new coach.

Raider_69

Post Whore
But you're going round predicting us to be in the top 6 next season in the NRL forum here????

I believe it was top 8, dont recall specifying a top 6 but anywho

:lol: rule #1 with me ed, dont take much i say in the NRL forum seriously, you will notice i say alot of things in the NRL section that seem odd and inconsistant, the simple answer is im bored and i want to provoke the likes of Ink, R&BK, Simon, etc into an arguement, they jump on anything remotely pro raiders extremely quickly ;-)

I honestly think we have the talent next season to win the comp, but it will take the talent time to gel and adjust, 08-09 will be our year, as ive been saying for some time. I expect us to be in the top 8 next year (and ill have my money there at the TAB) and make some impression, ill be tipping us for about 10th place and not in any head to head games next season (tipping comp wise) because im naturally pessimistic

Raider_69

Post Whore
dubby said:
Chachi,

Our talent pool isnt that great.

Got to there and stopped, was no point going on any further
We have one of the best talent pools in the comp right now, easily top 4 in talent. :cool:

paulquinn49

Bench
Dubby, have you ever watched Premier League? Nick does, nearly every week and this is why his predictions and opinions are better than anything youll ever think...ever.

Raider_69

Post Whore
paulquinn49 said:
Dubby, have you ever watched Premier League? Nick does, nearly every week and this is why his predictions and opinions are better than anything youll ever think...ever.

:lol: your surely jest quinn, my opinion is not better then anyone else's
however with regards to the juniors, my opinion is more educated then those who dont watch PL and based on what ive seen rather then what ive herd... which again, makes it more educated... you will find that 90% of people who do watch alot (most of which watch more then me) of PL agree with me... co-incidence?
I think not

As the old saying goes, dont judge a book by it's cover.
Its my opinion that you can not possibly form a legitimate and repectable opinion on the juniors at our club, unless you've seen them... same theory as movies, you can talk to as many people as you like but unless you see the movie yourself, how can you form an educated opinion on the matter?

paulquinn49

Bench
Raider_69 said:
:lol:your surely jest quinn, my opinion is not better then anyone else's
however with regards to the juniors, my opinion is more educated then those who dont watch PL and based on what ive seen rather then what ive herd... which again, makes it more educated... you will find that 90% of people who do watch alot (most of which watch more then me) of PL agree with me... co-incidence?
I think not.

As the old saying goes, dont judge a book by it's cover.

A book isnt a book until it plays NRL, until then it is a cover. Remember Gafa...Ale? Who the hell are they now, not the god's you made them out to be, infact they were cut by the Canberra Raiders, who have a squad of in the "top 4" of quality.

Raider_69 said:
Its my opinion that you can not possibly form a legitimate and repectable opinion on the juniors at our club, unless you've seen them... same theory as movies, you can talk to as many people as you like but unless you see the movie yourself, how can you form an educated opinion on the matter?

Again, you are wrong. Are you saying you have never NOT seen a movie on the advice and criticisms of people? Same goes with PL players, when people like you continually talk them up and tell us of their exploits in PL, which is a far less brutal and competitive competition than NRL, which doesnt stop you and others earmarking players, also drawing in and giving fans a false representation of their talents. Until they make NRL, they cant be judged as a player.

Latest posts