What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Round One!

Anonymous

Juniors
I dont think he'll pick Withers in the 7. I think he'll be a benchie as I'd say Withers would have stipulated he only wants to play 1/2 in case of an emergency.

Honestly I think he'll play Carney as he knows Carney is the next long term half, and for him to become a regular he'll need to get in there early in the season, while they still have time to fix any errors he may make.

Here's what I think he'll run with:

1-C.Schifcofske
2-M.Robertson
3-A.Mogg
4-C.Frawley
5-P.Graham
6-M.McLinden
7-T.Carney
8-R.O'Hara
9-S.Woolford
10-T.Thompson
11-I.Hindmarsh
12-J.Croker
13-J.Smith

14-M.Hodgson
15-J.Miller
16-M.Adamson
17-L.Withers

jed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
2) seems to think Hodgson is well suited to prop - he picks him there a lot.
How many games did he pick Hodgo there this season? Without checking for certain, I remember Thommo being picked there a lot more than Hodgo
Kris_man said:
3) prefers Thompson to Miller, Cross and Rothery.
4) prefers Martin to Miller, Cross and Rothery.
These two could have been combined into one. I agree, Miller should have been given more of a shot, and Rothery was also in good form, but Cross was out with injury for the better part of the season, and even after he started playing PL again, his form didn't warrant 1st Grade selection.
Kris_man said:
6) picks Alan tongue prety much whenever he can. Tongue will be vying for a first grade spot, no doubt. probably 18th man.
Yes, we all get it - you're not a Tongue fan. And you have every right to your own opinion.

I'm impressed that you've made an entire post that's critical of a team that hasn't even been selected, without once attacking Mogg.

I'd Pick:

1. Schif
2. Graham :clap:
3. Mogg
4. Frawley :clap:
5. Chalk
6. McLinden
7. Carney
8. O Hara
9. Woolford
10. Adamson
11. Hindy
12. Croker
13. Smith

14. Hodgson
15. Weyman - Only for a Couple of Rounds
16. Miller
17. Withers

Kris_man

Bench
shit jed, i wasn't criticising anyone in that post, i was just predicting what Elliott will do, but you get all defensive :roll:

on Thompson/Hodgson: yeah, Thompson played much more games than Hodgson at prop, but never at the expense of Hodgson, that's the key. Elliott rates Hodgson big time, and has put him in the starting team pretty much at every opportunity. if he has to move him to prop in order to keep him in the 13, he'll do it. but time will tell.

and guys, i think you're dreaming if you think that J Smith will be in the back row. sure, its possible, but going by things Elliott has said, you have to admit that Jason Smith is odds on to be in the halves:
"we'relooking at playing Jason Smith exclusively as a half" -Elliott.

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
This is the team I'd pick:

1. Schifcofske (gk)
2. Graham
3. Gafa/Mogg/Fransicus
4. Frawley
5. Chalk/Gafa/Milne
6. McLinden (ALL season no changes unless injury)
7. Carney
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford(c)
10. Weyman
11. Adamson/Hindmarsh
12. Croker
13. J. Smith

14. Withers/Campese/Carney
15. Miller
16. Rothery/Kahler
17. Hindmarsh/Adamson

jed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
sh*t jed, i wasn't criticising anyone in that post, i was just predicting what Elliott will do, but you get all defensive :roll:

on Thompson/Hodgson: yeah, Thompson played much more games than Hodgson at prop, but never at the expense of Hodgson, that's the key. Elliott rates Hodgson big time, and has put him in the starting team pretty much at every opportunity. if he has to move him to prop in order to keep him in the 13, he'll do it. but time will tell.

Hodgo played a fair amount of games at 11/12 (as did Hindmarsh), but like I said, I don't recall more than 3 or 4 games where Hodgo played at prop. Most of his games were off the bench.

Rnd 1 - #15
Rnd 2 - #15
Rnd 3 - #15
Rnd 4 - #12
Rnd 5 - bye
Rnd 6 - #12
Rnd 7 - #12
Rnd 8 - #12
Rnd 9 - #11
Rnd 10 - #11
Rnd 11 - #8 (his only time listed at starting prop)
Rnd 12 - #12
Rnd 13 - #12
Rnd 14 - #12
Rnd 15 - injured
Rnd 16 - injured
Rnd 17 - #15
Rnd 18 - #16
Rnd 19 - #16
Rnd 20 - #16
Rnd 21 - #16
Rnd 22 - injured
Rnd 23 - injured
Rnd 24 - injured
Rnd 25 - injured
Rnd 26 - #14
Elimination final - #14

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hodgo is definatly a 2nd rower
O'Hara, Weyman, Miller, Adamson, Cross, Thompson are the props that we can use for next season... adamson is more of a 2nd rower but he can play prop

jed

First Grade
Magpie Nick said:
Rnd 12 - #12

Played in No.11 but played at Prop. It was the Tigers game at Campbelltown.

Round 10 was the Tigpies game at Campbelltown, not round 12. And while he played at prop, he was listed as #11.

Kris_man

Bench
jed said:
Hodgo played a fair amount of games at 11/12 (as did Hindmarsh), but like I said, I don't recall more than 3 or 4 games where Hodgo played at prop. Most of his games were off the bench.
yeah, point taken, but i understood you the first time. here's what i was trying to say:

Jason Croker and Ian Hindmarsh will be automatic selections for two of the back row spots, with Woolford getting the no.9 and Rhino getting one of the front row spots. that leaves two spots: second row and prop, with the 3 most likely candidates Hodgson, Adamson and Thompson. Roughies are Weyman and Cross. last year that prop spot would have automatically been Davico's, so Hodgo was free to play in his preferred position, the back row, and that is why he spent so much time there in 2004, as you've shown. but i think Elliott started Hodgo at prop in 2004 enough times to make me think that he's not afraid of doing it if other positions are full. i believe Elliott rates Hodgson over Thommo, and will prefer Adamson to Thommo too, therefore i think he will move one of them (Hodgo or Adamson) to the front row in order to keep them in the starting 13. i think that will be Hodgson.

but Jed, you never stated your prediction: who will Elliott choose at prop? it seems like you're leaning towards Thommo.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think this is the side Elliot will choose in Rnd 1

1.Schif
2.Chalk/Smith/Robbo
3.Frawley
4.Mogg
5.Graham
6.Mclinden
7.J.Smith
8.O'hara
9.Woolford