What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Side to face the Cowboys.

Boing Boing

Juniors
We don't have the tools because of some awful plaer retention policies. Ronald should have been sacked for letting Wiki go. We are crap because we have no players and we have no players because We let them all go and we let them all go because Ronald is in charge of contract negotiations.

At the end of the day, we still need to get behind our club in the hard times, we should look at the examples set by the Newcastle fans.

thickos

First Grade
Ben... I'm still behind the team, come 5:30pm on Saturday I will be expecting a win as always.. I'm just totally stunned at the selection policies in place here. Campo dropped for a winger. It is ridiculous.

I agree with you that the coach should not get the punt, but all of us are allowed to vent on what really is the worst 17 we have named all season.

We will be rank outsiders, but hey - maybe a miracle upset win is just the tonic we need right now?

I don't know, I'm clutching at straws here.

woodgers

Bench
I don't know, I'm clutching at straws here.

Yes, like the coach you are. I agree with Legend 100%.

Come 5:30 Saturday I will be there in Bay72 singing for a bunch of hacks I know don't deserve it. I am turning up on principal, nothing more. I wonder how many seats I will kick this week?

legend

Coach
We do but the Cowboys smell a lot better than us as our personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. ;-)

thickos

First Grade
Raiders' injury toll gets worse
Doug MacDougall.
Wednesday, 22 June 2005

Raiders coach Matt Elliott yesterday announced yet another injury blow for the former competition leaders, and several changes to his side for this week's clash against the Cowboys, in a hope to bring a dismal run of five losses to an end.

Struggling at ninth on the ladder with injuries to key personnel, the Raiders are desperate for a win and will look to young gun Matt Gafa to solve the much publicised Jason Smith absence at five-eighth.

Kris Kahler will replace the injured Matt Adamson in the second row, who will miss five weeks with rib cartilage damage, while Michael Robertson will come into the side after x-rays yesterday revealed winger Marshall Chalk suffered a fractured jaw against the Bulldogs last week and will be out for a month.

While Adamson took the field for barely a minute against the defending premiers before copping an accidental knee to the ribs, Chalk played 50 minutes without realising his jaw was fractured.

"It speaks a little of the courage he's displayed for us. He's been playing with physical intent for the last five or six weeks and we're sorry for him, both for the fact the pain he's enduring but also because he's not going to get the chance to play for us on the weekend," Elliott said.

Elliott described the club as having a "ribathon" after last week's game against the Bulldogs, with Adamson and Phil Graham suffering the same injury which kept Clinton Schifcofske out for five weeks, and admits they are stretched to the limit.

"We're in a little bit of a circumstance at the moment where most of our changes are down to not great performance in premier league and not bad performance in first grade, but injury," Elliott said.

Other changes include Craig Frawley moving to the centres, while Jermaine Ale will remain in the side following his strong performance last week. Prop Troy Thompson has recovered from a pinched nerve in the neck, and fellow front-rower Josh Miller has been cleared after he suffered concussion following a massive collision with Bulldogs enforcer Mark O'Meley last week.

Elliott is confident his promotion of Gafa - who hasn't missed a game all year - to five-eighth will bring results.

"Matty certainly has the confidence and the assertiveness as a player to get in charge of our team, and that's probably something we've been lacking," Elliott said.

Despite widespread changes to the starting side this year, Elliott remained pleased with the work ethic of his players but was adamant it was time for results.

"Attitude hasn't been an issue for us. I certainly can't question the effort the players are displaying, but we've suffered in our execution," Elliott said.

Hodgson horses around

Raider Michael Hodgson lined up against two Sydney-class racehorses yesterday in a fundraising effort for injured Canberra Jockey Ray Silburn at Thoroughbred Park.

A confident Hodgson declared himself an "unbackable favourite" pre-race and was given a 100m start on Little Shrek and Old Ma Jones, which both raced 200m.

However, after privately admitting he hoped "fear would get me through" Hodgson appeared to be run down in the final few metres by the Matt Dale-trained runners.

It was only after a 'steward's enquiry' that the victory was awarded to the two-legged competitor, earning the Ray Silburn appeal $5000 courtesy of the Queanbeyan Leagues Club.

Silburn suffered serious spinal injuries from a race fall in February at Thoroughbred Park. His wife Dana thanked the public for the support the family has received.

"I'm surprised at the people who have come together to help Ray, myself and the children - it's overwhelming," she said. The Raiders are using Saturday's match against the Cowboys to raise awareness of the fundraising effort, and ACTTAB has supported the move, and will donate $1 to the appeal for every spectator who attends.

Macko8

Juniors
yellow said:
gee after reading all your guys messages you are all true supporters through good times and BAD times.why dont you all see if you can do better.one minute you say tyran smith is crap the next you all want him back in the team.jason williams had a bad game i bet he knows that.having people around like all of you people saying the whole team is crap im sure they dont need.get behind them and show your support.

buddy you just worry about whoever you support (whether thats the knights or not)...if we lose the next few games....something or someone has to done.
i was watching a game from a few years back last nite..2001 i fink..we all know how crap the team was than...but at least they had some idea of attacking!!

sydraider

First Grade
I know we have a lot of injuries but GAFA at 5/8???

Surely his form has not been much better than campo's and we wonder why we are where we are. Too many #$@$@$# quick fixes.

Elliot is pathetic!!!!!!

Thats my last comment on coach or selections, I have no more to say on the matter.

hotdogs

Juniors
Why doesn't everyone just stop f@#*%$ complaining and if you all think you can do a better job then the coaches and players strap your nuts on and get out there and you try. I'm not a player and neither am i a coach so i don't know exactly what the hell goes on behind closed doors and unless you guys work or have contacts at the raiders you shouldn't get so uptight. i know its hard cos we're going through a rough patch, but if your a supporter get behind them and stop bagging them cos its not always the players fault for being picked on the night its the coach aswell, and if they're not playing its not always the coaches fault its the players, yes they need help but the bagging ain't going to help at all. No one knows the real reason why Wiki left the club but I always heard he did want to go HOME and play for at least some of his time, so it really the envitable, he always wanted to play for the Warriors, something about giving back to NZ league, so thats not the clubs fault, maybe money wasn't the issue with staying and going!!!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
hotdogs said:
Why doesn't everyone just stop f@#*%$ complaining and if you all think you can do a better job then the coaches and players strap your nuts on and get out there and you try. I'm not a player and neither am i a coach so i don't know exactly what the hell goes on behind closed doors and unless you guys work or have contacts at the raiders you shouldn't get so uptight. i know its hard cos we're going through a rough patch, but if your a supporter get behind them and stop bagging them cos its not always the players fault for being picked on the night its the coach aswell, and if they're not playing its not always the coaches fault its the players, yes they need help but the bagging ain't going to help at all. No one knows the real reason why Wiki left the club but I always heard he did want to go HOME and play for at least some of his time, so it really the envitable, he always wanted to play for the Warriors, something about giving back to NZ league, so thats not the clubs fault, maybe money wasn't the issue with staying and going!!!!!

Thanks champ, good of you to join up here Mr. Elliot
Seriously, we arnt paided to go out there and do it, but we DO pay to see these boys do their thing, and because of that we are customers to the Raiders and currently we as customers arnt getting the goods we are paying for, some of that blame needs to go to Management, some to players and a f**k load IMO to the coach, who's ineptitude at the selection table and tactics table is a major reason we are in this rough patch

Macko8

Juniors
hotdogs said:

pal you cannot watch these bad performances week in week out without discussing and having ya say about the side.YEAH CORRECT the team is in a rough patch evryone knows thaet....but there shouldnt be any harm in letting off a little steam about the teams performances and coaching staff.ppl have there own opinions of wat goes on with the club.you juz stick to yours and ill stick with myn......and go back to ur armchair with your packet of doritos and 2litre coke and enjoy this weeks game!!!CHEERS

Boing Boing

Juniors
Macko8 said:
pal you cannot watch these bad performances week in week out without discussing and having ya say about the side.YEAH CORRECT the team is in a rough patch evryone knows thaet....but there shouldnt be any harm in letting off a little steam about the teams performances and coaching staff.ppl have there own opinions of wat goes on with the club.you juz stick to yours and ill stick with myn......and go back to ur armchair with your packet of doritos and 2litre coke and enjoy this weeks game!!!CHEERS

Hold on mate, this guy is just expressing his opinion. There is no need to dismiss him like that just because he disagrees with you. He has as much right to post his opinion as you, so if he doesn't like you bagging the coach, you'll have to deal with it, or better yet, head to the Cesspit, where the same sheltered opinion is shared by all.

woodgers

Bench
But Ben, don't forget he is calling himself Hotdogs. Anyone who has caught 2 minutes of Big Brother can tell you this guy is a Wanker of Finch proportion.

Macko8

Juniors
benmeyer said:
Hold on mate, this guy is just expressing his opinion. There is no need to dismiss him like that just because he disagrees with you. He has as much right to post his opinion as you, so if he doesn't like you bagging the coach, you'll have to deal with it, or better yet, head to the Cesspit, where the same sheltered opinion is shared by all.

lol ???u serious????this is startin to piss me off...wtf????i didnt dismiss him??? i havent bagged to a degree where i should be talked about????
so i cant have my say no more ey????i gotta wait for sum1 to tell me wat i can and cant talk about....everyone is enititled to there own OPINIONS...and i get it thrown bak at me????ive been a true support for the past 12 years of the raiders.....so dont tell me wat i can and cant talk about...everyone is getting away with it..

Boing Boing

Juniors
Macko8 said:

If that isn't a blatant scoffing dismissal, I don't know what is.

hotdogs

Juniors
Macko8 said:

Well if you'd like to know i don't own an armchair just yet, but if you want to put things that way, with all the complaining and frowning you must do at the games, its probably aging you quickly so you'd best invest in one soon!!!
I understand how people need to let out steam and aren't happy, i mean no teams supporter wants to see their team lose, but name me one team thats gone through all its years being a success. its called eras each club has them, and we're going through a rough era, but there is hopefully light at the end of the tunnel. sometimes we sound like those supporters that only love it when we're winning. Its exactly what the players, coaches and club go though, that you need to learn to take the winning with the losing thats all i'm saying!

hotdogs

Juniors
Macko8 said:
lol ???u serious????this is startin to piss me off...wtf????i didnt dismiss him??? i havent bagged to a degree where i should be talked about????
so i cant have my say no more ey????i gotta wait for sum1 to tell me wat i can and cant talk about....everyone is enititled to there own OPINIONS...and i get it thrown bak at me????ive been a true support for the past 12 years of the raiders.....so dont tell me wat i can and cant talk about...everyone is getting away with it..
No ones telling you can't have your opinion, except let someone else say something different to you aswell. I bet your one of supporters that even when we are winning you'd still have something to moan about!!! Never win against a guy like you.

Latest posts