What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Side to face the Cowboys.

Macko8

Juniors
hotdogs said:
Well if you'd like to know i don't own an armchair just yet, but if you want to put things that way, with all the complaining and frowning you must do at the games, its probably aging you quickly so you'd best invest in one soon!!!
I understand how people need to let out steam and aren't happy, i mean no teams supporter wants to see their team lose, but name me one team thats gone through all its years being a success. its called eras each club has them, and we're going through a rough era, but there is hopefully light at the end of the tunnel. sometimes we sound like those supporters that only love it when we're winning. Its exactly what the players, coaches and club go though, that you need to learn to take the winning with the losing thats all i'm saying!

yea yea i know late 80's-early 90's we were a football side everyone around the world was talking about...i wouldnt say we are that popular this day n age but we can only get better......yeah im going to continue to have my say just like everyone else.....but i understand where ur coming from...even if u cant understand me. fought that armchair thing came back at me a bit too harsh???but im sick of arguing tis not the place....cheers.
and ben stay the f**k outta things which dont concern you

hotdogs

Juniors
woodgers said:
But Ben, don't forget he is calling himself Hotdogs. Anyone who has caught 2 minutes of Big Brother can tell you this guy is a Wanker of Finch proportion.

I used that name wondering if anyone would pick up on Big Brother, and well i have the winner. You must be wanker #2 to aswell have caught enough of Big Brother to know who i'm talking about and longer than 2 minutes to realise or know that he's a wanker. Please don't be quick to open your mouth, cos you don't know what might come out and by what you wrote, it wasn't much!!
Keep on the topic or don't bother posting.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Macko8 said:
yea yea i know late 80's-early 90's we were a football side everyone around the world was talking about...i wouldnt say we are that popular this day n age but we can only get better......yeah im going to continue to have my say just like everyone else.....but i understand where ur coming from...even if u cant understand me. fought that armchair thing came back at me a bit too harsh???but im sick of arguing tis not the place....cheers.

Well it concerns the Raiders, and the Raiders concern me, so i think I'll stay the f**k in them if you don't mind. Let me just say f**k one more time for good measure... F U C K.

hotdogs

Juniors
Macko8 said:
Its great i understand your opinion and listen to your opinion, thats the great thing about this is that we can express our feelings and opinions, I just get sick of listening to all the negative and we just don't go on enough about the positive of our team thats all. I know negative is easier to find than the positive at a time like this.

Macko8

Juniors
benmeyer said:
Well it concerns the Raiders, and the Raiders concern me, so i think I'll stay the f**k in them if you don't mind. Let me just say f**k one more time for good measure... F U C K.

no worries homie....you do that....ur not the only raiders supporter...
F U C K

woodgers

Bench
hotdogs said:
Well if you'd like to know i don't own an armchair just yet, but if you want to put things that way, with all the complaining and frowning you must do at the games, its probably aging you quickly so you'd best invest in one soon!!!
I understand how people need to let out steam and aren't happy, i mean no teams supporter wants to see their team lose, but name me one team thats gone through all its years being a success. its called eras each club has them, and we're going through a rough era, but there is hopefully light at the end of the tunnel. sometimes we sound like those supporters that only love it when we're winning. Its exactly what the players, coaches and club go though, that you need to learn to take the winning with the losing thats all i'm saying!
Mate, i've been watching them lose for 11 years now, we have barely even come close. I think you will find most people are frustrated because we have the cattle to do better but the coaching doesn't allow those players to flourish. Instead we have watched them play the same crap gameplan since 2001, the MOST BASIC gameplan and it is getting us no where. At least under Mal we had crap players rather than decent players with poor gameplan and execution.

woodgers

Bench
hotdogs said:
I used that name wondering if anyone would pick up on Big Brother, and well i have the winner. You must be wanker #2 to aswell have caught enough of Big Brother to know who i'm talking about and longer than 2 minutes to realise or know that he's a wanker. Please don't be quick to open your mouth, cos you don't know what might come out and by what you wrote, it wasn't much!!

So you know enough about BB to call yourself a stupid name just to catch someone else out? :lol: yep, i'm Wanker #2.

Thanks for the advice on posting, what, your up to 16 posts now?

flyer

Juniors
hotdogs said:

Bwahahahahahahaaa!!

How many votes did you log this weekend sweetheart?

About as many times as you batted-off to your go-lo mag today?

Chachi

Bench
Anyway, back at the ranch...how tough is Chalk playing for 50 mins with a broken jaw. Between he and Miller I'd say we have a couple of potential champions in our side.

There is actually a lot to like about this year - even if you take whatever opinion of Elliott you like into account. Unfortunately a massive injury toll has so far robbed us of what was shaping to be a great season. I think only Newcastle can compare to us in that regard and I certainly know who I'd prefer to be supporting right now.

yellow

Juniors
TO HOTDOGS.....I totally agree with you. If you so called supporters talk about the team as if they are crap get out there and see if you can do better.I get sick and tired of the whinging that goes on here.When they win the team is great but when they lose the team,coach,and management can all get sacked.If you dont want to be a REAL supporter go support another team and piss off.

thickos

First Grade
yellow said:
TO HOTDOGS.....I totally agree with you. If you so called supporters talk about the team as if they are crap get out there and see if you can do better.I get sick and tired of the whinging that goes on here.When they win the team is great but when they lose the team,coach,and management can all get sacked.If you dont want to be a REAL supporter go support another team and piss off.

f**k off, I love this team. I've openly wept when we've lost games, I was inconsolable after our Warriors semi in 2003. Don't tell me I'm not a real suppporter.

I also HATE the 'you get out there and try better' line. I am not a professional footballer. I could easily say 'come and do my job and try better', I've been training for 6 years for the position I'm in and I have a few more years to go too. I know I can't do better than them, but as a staunch, avid supporter of this club for almost 17 years now I am sick to death of us simply making up the numbers. I'm sick of insipid displays like the one on last Sunday. I want the Raiders to be a force again, and if it takes a groundswell of criticism from us, the fans who MAKE THE CLUB WHAT IS, then so be it.

I can cop a loss if the effort is there, if there is pride on the line, if there is passion in the green jersey. But too many are going through the motions, not caring enough on the result. If the players had their talent and our passion we would be unbeatable.

How dare you call any of us nothing less than REAL fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
well said thickos
yellow, hotdogs, what right do you have to question our support for the team

BAY72

Juniors
thickos said:
Still no Hodgson? Cross over Hodgson?????

Get real Elliott!!!!

I agree but...
hell Hodgson over Hindmarsh!
how is he not in the team???

what the hell is going on.

we'll be lucky to even see the end of the match with our luck at the moment.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
For the untrained eye (which I think is probably most of us - and definately myself), it seems fair to say that the coach with his selections and gameplan is the problem. It depends on perspective to some degree. Maybe they should go out there and play the football that they were playing in the first 5-10 weeks of the competition even though the 17 players they have are made up significantly of PL players. This may well be good for the future. It may also be quite harmful if the players lose confidence. From a different perspective, they should probably go out there and play the footy that we know they are capable of and still grind out a win using that style of play (up the middle with the forwards most of the day). So really, do we play for the rest of the season or do we focus on next year?

Matt Elliot is a good coach technically (from what I've read and heard) and I think the selections at the start of the year were good (maybe not great) and the game plan was not too bad either. But this was in times of a moderate injury toll. Nowdays, the 17 first graders seem to change a lot each week. It is like playing origin 3 each week because the team doesn't line up the same way week in week out.

Boing Boing

Juniors
TiTTieS said:
For the untrained eye (which I think is probably most of us - and definately myself), it seems fair to say that the coach with his selections and gameplan is the problem. It depends on perspective to some degree. Maybe they should go out there and play the football that they were playing in the first 5-10 weeks of the competition even though the 17 players they have are made up significantly of PL players. This may well be good for the future. It may also be quite harmful if the players lose confidence. From a different perspective, they should probably go out there and play the footy that we know they are capable of and still grind out a win using that style of play (up the middle with the forwards most of the day). So really, do we play for the rest of the season or do we focus on next year?

Matt Elliot is a good coach technically (from what I've read and heard) and I think the selections at the start of the year were good (maybe not great) and the game plan was not too bad either. But this was in times of a moderate injury toll. Nowdays, the 17 first graders seem to change a lot each week. It is like playing origin 3 each week because the team doesn't line up the same way week in week out.

Unfortunately, many of our top line players have had serious injury this year, which limits the selections the coaching staff can make. All I want is for the wingers to touch the ball at least once... once.

hotdogs

Juniors
thickos said:
f**k off, I love this team. I've openly wept when we've lost games, I was inconsolable after our Warriors semi in 2003. Don't tell me I'm not a real suppporter.

I also HATE the 'you get out there and try better' line. I am not a professional footballer. I could easily say 'come and do my job and try better', I've been training for 6 years for the position I'm in and I have a few more years to go too. I know I can't do better than them, but as a staunch, avid supporter of this club for almost 17 years now I am sick to death of us simply making up the numbers. I'm sick of insipid displays like the one on last Sunday. I want the Raiders to be a force again, and if it takes a groundswell of criticism from us, the fans who MAKE THE CLUB WHAT IS, then so be it.

I can cop a loss if the effort is there, if there is pride on the line, if there is passion in the green jersey. But too many are going through the motions, not caring enough on the result. If the players had their talent and our passion we would be unbeatable.

How dare you call any of us nothing less than REAL fans.

Yeah well i'm sure in your job you wouldn't like if week in week out your out their busting your guts getting broken jaws and concussion then be told your playing like cats!!!
what do you think these guys go out there to deliberately lose or something?
DO you get open criticism about your line of work, No!! I'm sure theres no website where they write personal stuff about you and pick you up out of the line and openly persecute you. I get sick and tired of people always saying theres no pride, theres no this that and the other, when your not in those changing rooms, when your not sitting with the boys while thier waiting to go out. Do you think they enjoy or like getting smashed for nothing.

thickos

First Grade
hotdogs said:
what do you think these guys go out there to deliberately lose or something?

Of course not. But watch any of our recent five games that we have lost. There are guys that are putting in more than others. Unless everyone is 'up' each week we will not stand a chance.

hotdogs said:
DO you get open criticism about your line of work, No!! I'm sure theres no website where they write personal stuff about you and pick you up out of the line and openly persecute you.

No but I am accountable to my boss, if I don't do my job, I get criticised and told to lift my game.

The players exist in a public domain. The media scrutinises their every move. Criticism and/or praise is dished out regularly. If they can't deal with it then it is not my problem. Professional sportsmen, especially league players, earn good money doing what they do. Far more than the man on the street. They get to play the sport they love for a living. And come game day plenty of US, the fans who watch every move and go over it with a fine tooth comb, think something is not right. We are not firing at 100%. I think we have a valid reason to question that if that is the case.

I get sick and tired of people always saying theres no pride, theres no this that and the other, when your not in those changing rooms, when your not sitting with the boys while thier waiting to go out. Do you think they enjoy or like getting smashed for nothing.

You sound like a player. How are you so confident as to what is going on?

Boing Boing

Juniors
thickos said:
Of course not. But watch any of our recent five games that we have lost. There are guys that are putting in more than others. Unless everyone is 'up' each week we will not stand a chance.

No but I am accountable to my boss, if I don't do my job, I get criticised and told to lift my game.

The players exist in a public domain. The media scrutinises their every move. Criticism and/or praise is dished out regularly. If they can't deal with it then it is not my problem. Professional sportsmen, especially league players, earn good money doing what they do. Far more than the man on the street. They get to play the sport they love for a living. And come game day plenty of US, the fans who watch every move and go over it with a fine tooth comb, think something is not right. We are not firing at 100%. I think we have a valid reason to question that if that is the case.

Thickos, I don't believe he sounds like a player, he is just trying to show a different perspective which is often cast aside around these parts. I share your frustration, but at the same time, I completely agree with him :)

PS: Although I must admit, last sunday it seemed as if there was no pride in the Jersey, whether it is just because they were all buggered due to lack of interchange, I'm not sure.

hotdogs

Juniors
thickos said:

No not a player, but I'm sure they treat the game exactly the same way you treat your job and i treat mine. For me I know i don't get up everyday for work and think I'm gonna work badly today, so theres no question about their attitude probably. Yeah sure their professional sportspeople but at the end of the day they're still human like the rest of us. They were good at sport and able to succeed in that just like we may have been good at school and succeeded in that. If you have a look at sportspeople they have absolutely no education other than sport so they don't choose to be on tv they don't choose to be criticised, but they do choose to play sport rather than work in an office. The average league player on his first contract and for the first three years of their contracts will be on less than $80,000 a year. Until you make a name for yourself which in rugby league takes a few years you won't reach more than $100,000 till you sign your second. Out of the 17 players on that field not even half of them will be on that much. Also remember these guys careers end in their 30's so its not long and if they have no other thing to fall back on they end up being normal workers like you and me.
League players aren't payed half as much as other sportspeople around the world and in Australia. Why did Rogers and Sailor go to rugby? It sure wasn't for the extra players on the team. MONEY!!!

Latest posts