What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Side V Manly

thickos

First Grade
:eek:

I don't like it. Carney is not a bench player, he's a traditional half.

The forward pack is too small. Can't believe they moved Croker from lock.

Much less confident about this game now.

les amber

Juniors
Our three most damaging players listed are ALL on the bench ffs.

Our back row is the worst named of any NRL team. small, ineffective...

Why is TLL on the bench, we need to get off to a good start, we arent good at chasing down teams, we need to grind out wins we could lose this by 30

edabomb

First Grade
Very strange team. Neither here nor there really. They name a forward pack based on speed and then name Mogg on the wing. I don't get it.

Boing Boing

Juniors
You'll probably find Carney starting from the bench a lot this year. He'll come on for impact when Germ goes off.

Tom Leahroyd Lars is a good selection for the bench and will serve as a good impact player. He is really bloody fast. He would be wasted in the opening exchanges.

paulquinn49

Bench
Tongue starting is awesome, I won't believe it till it happens though. I reckon Martin will start, dropping Tongue to the bench.

Coraki_kid

Juniors
SERIOUSLY ARE THE RAIDERS SELECTORS ON DRUGS???? MOGG WTF...WORST TEAM. i hope thats some kind of fake team and the real one gets named later

Where is Zilly? He should be on the wing and Mogg back into the centres. Shocking side. Carney should be startiong with Withers on the Bench to replace woolford when he comes off

Stuart

Juniors
Its what i expected.

I dont mind it either, if the 17 is used well we could definately win. Tongue has been good in the trials at lock and deserves to start. IMO Mogg has been ineffective at centre for a long time now and the move to the wing is a good one as it exploits his strengths, kick returns, his finishing is quite good and he can still be used to help out the forwards.

Carney on the bench depends on how he is used, i like it if its just to save him from the brutal opening exchanges, then putting him on as halfback after about 20 mins and then leaving him on for the rest of the game. If he is going to be used like last year i think it is a horrible waste of both a bench spot and Carney's talents. But we will have to wait till game day to see.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Oh dear,

I like the raiders but that side is a bit... so so.
There's no coverage for injuries on that bench. What happens if an outside back goes down... LL could potentially go out there but it leaves little use for carney. Carney is not an impact player, and i feel he has to be out there the full 80. Miller and LL will add impact off the bench, though i feel miller will eventually be in the starting lineup. Haven't seen purtell, or raston, but it will be interesting.

Would've prefered Zillman on the bench, he sounds like the sort of player that could spark something from nothing, and could also cover majority of positions.

We'll see, i'll be putting money on them anyway, the raiders are traditionally very good off the blocks.

Paullyboy

Coach
Please, please, please let this be a gee-up.

Howell, Mogg and Purtell in the starting backline? I didnt expect them to name Ale because Elliott would rather see the premier league side win it seems, but surely he cannot justify leaving out Chalk?

That side is a shadow of what we could have on the park, and it sickens me. What will it cost for the fan's to buy out Elliott's contract and get a real coach in there so we dont waste this year as well?

Im going to go back to hoping this is a gee-up. It must be.

Boing Boing

Juniors
news flash: Matt Elliott is single handedly trying to dismantle the raiders. You heard it here first.

He said the team would be selected on trial form, not reputation. The only mistake I can see there is Mogg. having only watched the trial at Seiffert, I can say that most of those players do deserve their spots and we will give Manly a good shale-up this weekend.