What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Side V Manly

Raider Ultra

Bench
Did you see any trials? Purtell was quite impressive in the only match I've seen, so can't speak for the other matches.

Boing Boing

Juniors
As I said, I only saw one trial. Carney does deserve his spot. Zillman's absence I cannot explain but based on what I saw, the three new additions definitely deserve their spots, especially TLL.

Paullyboy

Coach
Is this lineup official though? Raiders Ultra said something on page 1 which made it sound like it was just a guessed lineup?

Boing Boing

Juniors
The article said that it was the "Gist" of the make-up. It's what the players were told on Friday, so it could well change.

Raider_69

Post Whore
IMO the excludsion of Chalk for Mogg can not in any way shape or form be justified. Zillman probably should have featured but i can live without him if Carney is getting first crack.

From the individual reports Williams has killed Martin in the trials aswell, so he should in amongst it... Howell is just junk, and shouldnt be in the team
outside that im ok... TLL, Jones, Tootsy (2nd row), Tongue (starting), Purty im all pretty chuffed about

woodgers

Bench
Seems odd......

I don't know what the story is with Chalky, maybe he isn't right....who knows really. If he plays PL one has to ask the question who on this planet besides Howell's Mum and Elliott thinks he is better than Chalk? Even Purtell and Mogg are in that boat.

Tonguey did enough to get a start, i'm happy for him. We will need to keep it tight early, he'll ensure that. Croker to 2nd row doesn't bother me, it is a good move. Zillman if he isn't selected is a mystery, what more can a player do in the trials to get a gig?

I'll probably reserve judgement until I see the game on Saturday as I too have only seen one trial and don't know what to expect from a few players. I will say one thing though, if that is the official team named this arvo, Elliott will cop a bollocking from pillar to post by pretty much all Raiders fans on this forum before a ball has been kicked by the looks of it!!!!

ak47

Juniors
why the F*CK for the life of me isnt Ale starting

Purtell and Mogg, and we got Ale not even in the side

Ale will be gone next season if we dont give him a crack

Seriously if managament want to keep the junior talent, they gotto step in front of Elliots selection BS, as his interests are now with Penrith.

Sack him IMO

Get anyone else in............doesnt matter, atleast somebody with interests in the future of the club........Elliots just exposing the club to higher risk of losing our young boys, by not even picking them.

woodgers

Bench
legend said:
IMO, that side will be belted by 40.

Nah, there will be a max of 10 points in it either way I reckon, whose way will possibly depend on who plays and is selected.

One question though Leg, do you know which side of the field Bell plays?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raiders:
Clinton Schifcofske - given
Adrian Purtell - shock but ill go with it, all reports indicate he has been on fire
Phil Graham - given
David Howell - what the f**k? is fraws still injured? how about ale or chalk
Adam Mogg - Where in the f**k is chalk? or milne for that matter?
Jason Smith - given
Lincoln Withers - we all knew it, it was always gonna happen
Willie Raston - good move, looking forward to it
Simon Woolford - *cringes* withers is a better option
Troy Thompson - deserves his spot
Jason Croker - GOOD MOVE, tootsy plays like a 2nd rower and tongue is an 80 minute player, let him start
Ben Jones - shocker but again, a good one, i rate this kid
Alan Tongue - AWESOMENESS!

Bench:
Todd Carney - Shock he got it over zilly but im happy either way, i think Carney deserves first shot
Terry Martin - Wheres williams? surely with trial form and last season he deserves a crack
Tom Learoyd-Larhs - given
Josh Miller - given

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I've got no major problems with that team. It's only round one and you would expect the coach to be best placed as to know who has had a great pre-season, who is underdone or injured etc.

That said it will be more important to look at what Elliot does AFTER this game. Should certain players underperform and others step up in regies, will Elliot have to balls to drop players and change the team around??

Paullyboy

Coach
Ale and Chalk should both be there. Shocking team. Ive defended Elliott for too long now, ive lost patience - I dont care about him leaving, thats fine, Im annoyed by the fact he seems to be more interested in picking his favourite players, rather than the best players for the job.

Stuart

Juniors
RaidersMalt said:
I've got no major problems with that team. It's only round one and you would expect the coach to be best placed as to know who has had a great pre-season, who is underdone or injured etc.

That said it will be more important to look at what Elliot does AFTER this game. Should certain players underperform and others step up in regies, will Elliot have to balls to drop players and change the team around??

Agreed, i think that going to be the acid test. Thats been one of my biggest gripes with his selection policies in the past. I wait with baited breathe.

Macko8

Juniors
i dont mind that team actually.....ummmm mogg isnt a winger thats my main doubt ....elliot could of either placed milne or chalk there.
Good to see raston and jones getting a FG spot in round 1, hell of an achievement, whats going on wif lomu and williams????both injured????
and where is thurling?????

Does anyone know how long tilse is out for??? I think he'll be another frawley, getting paid to do nothing.

dubby

Bench
As a long time Elliot defender and coach exhorter, i am totally flabbergasted at the selections made for this team. It bears little to what teams played in the trials (from what i've read), it shocks me to see Raston ahead of Williams, Jones ahead of TLL, Purtell ahead of Milne, Mogg there at all. Matty Elliot, are you for real? I won't give critism until after the game, but TBH, i don't like our chances here of winning.
I only base this opinion on what i have seen and know from past player abilities. Raston, Jones, Purtell are all unknowns to me, so i guess i'm out of my comfort zone due to these new boys coming in.
Last year Elliot was critisized for not blooding young'uns, now hes gone to the max!

BTW, why wasn't Zilly there?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm more curious about this side then dissapointed. I like the centre pairing, I always thought that Howell would make a better centre than winger. I'm keen to see the younger forwards in action.