What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders sign Nathan Smith and release Dobson to Hull

Bay56

First Grade
:lol: way to miss the point
the point wanst about carney's abilities or smiths, it was about judging a player off one game, which is exactly what you did with smith. Based on last nights game he might not be worth anything over 100k, but based on his performances over the past 2 years, i think he's worth around 150-160k, which i conceed is still well under what we're REPORTABLY paying him. And you know my motto, what the telegraph says is gospel!

You may be able to pull the wool over others eyes with this style or arguement, but it wont get far with me bay. Try debating the point, rather then skewing it in a direction

Quite the contrary I think you've missed my point ... Smith is nothing more than an average player and therefore should be considered for no more than average wages ... the more you pay off that mark the less you have to entice a genuine marquee player ... and that has been the crux of our problems for a number of years.

The sooner we pay the Howells and Smiths of this world their worth (and nothing more) will be day this club gains respect from player managers ... at the moment we are a dumping ground for anyone who wants to come back home, has a drinking problem, cant get a decent wage at another club or all the above.

I repeat that Nathan Smith is worth no more than $120-130K.

Btw that's REPORTEDLY ;-)

Macko8

Juniors
i dont have a problem with nat smith coming back to canberra.
but his not worth that sort of dough.

we might struggle upping our bid to secure someone like heighington or shillington now.

Bay56

First Grade
i dont have a problem with nat smith coming back to canberra.
but his not worth that sort of dough.

we might struggle upping our bid to secure someone like heighington or shillington now.

+1

Latest posts