What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders to wear Aboriginal colours for reconciliation Rd 24

jed

First Grade
For those who don't remember, this was originally the jersey,
File0007.jpg

this is what it actually looks like.
abjers1.jpg

I'm with you R_Azz, I liked the first one better.

jed

First Grade
You're a traditionalist, aren't you greeneyed? Change is hard, isn't it?

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
The jersey looks shocking, and I don't think we should ever not play in the Green.
Agree 100% greeneyed ... call me a traditionalist or whatever but I see absolutely no reason to change colours (and especially for this politically correct occassion).

Mamagement should be using their time more productively.

hrundi99

First Grade
(...yawn...)

It's not political correctness.

It's about showing appreciation for their contribution.

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
(...yawn...)

(and double yawn) ... I repeat political correctness ... end of the matter for me.

jed

First Grade
As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm fine with it as it's a one-off. If it became a regular game each season, my support would waver almost immediately.

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:
hrundi99 said:
(...yawn...)

(and double yawn) ... I repeat political correctness ... end of the matter for me.

So you don't think there's any reason to show appreciation for the guys who've played for our club?

Political correctness taken to it's irrational extreme would be something like the government mandating that all NRL clubs have to have a minimum of say 8 Aboriginal or Torres Straits Islander players in their teams.

Until then, I don't think there's a lot to complain about with this one.

thickos

First Grade
But that is the point mate. Giving up the colours, even for one day, is a huge thing to do. Shows how strong the sentiment from the Raiders is on this one.

Good stuff - but the original jersey was better.

The best news is that Kenny is not dead :D

raiders_boy

Juniors
Yeah fair go guys, it's only one game, and it wont kill us... just showing some respect, thats all. I think its a great idea... and bring mundine up! He has been playing great lately IMO! would like to see him get a go

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
The first design is easily the better. I think that if they want to put the flags on, it would be better in place of the sleeve sponsors. But I'm guessing that CompuWare wouldn't be too happy about that so whack them above or beneath. But then again, I'm guessing that the jerseys have already been made for the occasion.