What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Vs Knights

mongoose

Coach
skeepe said:
Jones has been one of our best... how do people not see that?

Anyway, Thurling for Miller. We don't need to carry any injured players into this match.

I like Jones, he's tackling technique is 10/10, he's trevor gilmeister like.

mongoose

Coach
AusKnightRKO said:
Josh Perry
Danny Buderus (C)
Adam Woolnough
Steve Simpson
Cory Paterson
Reegan Tanner

Besides Tanner .......That flogs your pack by a mile

yeah, thats why brian smith wants to get rid of all who's name isnt buderus or simpson.

RABK

Referee
I won't agree with the bloke above but i certainly don't agree with most of your 'Canberra's pack walks over Newie's pack' views. I think they're about even. Buderus is certainly a class above any other player in either side though...he might be the difference.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Deadset boys, Jones is average, he is nothing more then a good honest toiler, in the 2004 days he'd have been one of our best, but now days with the backrowers we have at our disposal, he isnt in the best 17.

He tries hard, he gives his all, he tackles well, very Kris Kahler like... try as he might, he just isnt up to standard... if he is better second rower then TLL, Costigan, Bickerstaff, Miller, Turner, Plum or Captain tonguey, then ill give it away.

dubby

Bench
I agree R69. Jones is honest and gives 100% every time he runs out (unlike others....*Tilse*). Talent wise, he is not up there with Logan/Weyman/TLL/Miller/Costigan/Bickers.

I do rate him better than Turner and on par with Thurling and Plum. However Thurling seems to be more aggresive.

shear_joy9

Coach
Jones' current form is better than Weymans, Millers, and TLL's (Bickerstaff ofcourse).

I don't deny that on form they are all a class above him, but untill then he deserves a spot in the 17.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think there is nothing Ben Jones can do, that Nigel Plum cant do and do better
Plum can hit hard, defend better, runs stronger, chasers harder etc

Brimmer

Juniors
I read a bit of Turner bashing on here but he has been one of our most consistent forwards. It's the little things he does that makes him invaluable in our top 17. He runs good lines and was rewarded last week. He brings to our squad a little bit of calmness in the forwards and he doesn't mind doing the hard work. With such big forwards, he compliments our squad just nicely.

Chachi

Bench
I think Miller's the one on borrowed time at the moment. That's a hard thing to say as he's one of the toughtest bastards in the league (who I rate highly), but he is really quite one-dimensional in his running style and is quite easy to pick out in defence. I'd be happy to see Thurling come in for him if he's not 100%.

I think Jones is underrated. He gives us that consistency in the second row that Coyne did once upon a time. I think we need players like him and Turner to balance the likes of Costigan, Plum and TLL. Having said that, he'll need to turn up this Monday because I've got the feeling that the Knights pack will have a fair bit to prove after the pasting we gave them down here. There's no way they'll be half asleep like those pretenders from Parramatta.

It will be interesting to see how the Walsh/Mullen combo goes for them. I think the result will come down to that and how Buderus backs up after Origin. As long as we hold onto the ball we're a decent chance, but there's no way I'm expecting us to give them a flogging.

Raider_69

Post Whore
shear_joy9 said:
Please don't tell me your basing that from the one game he has played for Canberra.

basing that on what ive seen of him and know about him over his career, he is everything Ben Jones is but abit more imo... Turner also, imo Turner, Jones and Plum are all vying for the same role and position in our pack, and id say Turner has the inside draw, into Plum who was obviously brought for a reason, and then Jones

skeepe

Immortal
Red and Blue Knight said:
I won't agree with the bloke above but i certainly don't agree with most of your 'Canberra's pack walks over Newie's pack' views. I think they're about even. Buderus is certainly a class above any other player in either side though...he might be the difference.

We had basically the same pack when we monstered your boys, who are the same bar Buderus. You're right in saying that Buderus will be the difference, but will he provide enough to make up for the inadequecies of last time? I doubt it, but it'll be a bloody good match.

Freddo

Juniors
i think the raiders will win very easy

"You Must Be Silly If You Think You Can Outrun ZILLY"

Zillman To Score the 1st try

Buderas and Simpson wont back up

It Will Be Another Ambush Raiders to win by 20

roopy

Referee
Only place to sort this out is on the field.

The Knights had their worst game of the season against you guys, and i seriously hope your guys will remember that game and come to Newcastle thinking they are in for an easy win - because that will be worth 10 points for us.

Both teams have been so hot and cold this year that i reckon nostrodamas couldn't get within 20 points of predicting the result except by pure luck.

I'll go to the game expecting to see a knights win, but anything could happen.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
roopy said:
The Knights had their worst game of the season against you guys.

I would've wiped the Brisbane game from the memory bank too :lol:

Nah should be a cracker next Monday, looking forward to it.

roopy

Referee
Walt Flanigan said:
I would've wiped the Brisbane game from the memory bank too :lol:

Nah should be a cracker next Monday, looking forward to it.
we went into Brisbane with the jersey flegg side - and they turned up with half a SOO side on a high.
No one thought we could win that one.

We had a pretty fair side against Canberra but they played like busted arses. It was definately the worst performance.

What I find funny is that all the newcastle fans in their side of the forum seem to think their going to thrash us....we dont travel all that well but have come up with some solid wins away this year.

Im tipping a close game

donkey|rope

Juniors
we have three things going for us:
1- the game is on moday
2- the game is at night
3- it seems like hoodoo breaking season

if we're going to make a statement on the road this year, we won't be presented with a better opportunity. objectively speaking, i think this game will be a pretty even contest and barring a barrage of errors and penalties, i feel we'll get over them.

Bicey_18

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
What I find funny is that all the newcastle fans in their side of the forum seem to think their going to thrash us....we dont travel all that well but have come up with some solid wins away this year.

Im tipping a close game

Well look at the facts mate.... thrashed by Sharks, Eels, Titans, Eagles, all away from home

Newcastle are a very good side at home, with key players all back

Emotional game for Newcastle, Buderus's 200th and will want to win for their fans throughout the hunter after the tough 2 weeks with weather.

More or less it probably will be close but cant really blame us for thinking it may be the first time this year we win well.

Latest posts