What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

WA Tiger

Bench
I would not have written Latrell a blank cheque or threatened Allo with the lawn mower.

When they sign on, I’d make sure all players sign a non-denigration clause once they leave (or are sacked) to shut their sorry asses up and stop defaming us with their whinging shite.

Low standards, never make the finals, boo hoo it pisses us off.

Lee’s a lawyer ....and he didn’t think of that. Mmmm

Yip 1 They've learnt from the Blank cheque fiasco from looking at the meagre offerings to JAC...and the embarrassing comments you are referring to I think were more for the gushing comments about Mitchel rather than with Aloiai. As long as they are learning from their mistakes right.

2 Honestly with the manner in which Aloiai spat the dummy I don’t think the lawn mower line could have been improved on..It sent a clear message that we won’t be intimidated and finally with a leader to match..It wasn’t a bitter or limp wristed comment like Pascoe would have come up with. At the same time it wasn’t an angry comment which is never as effective. But it sure hit the spot, and it was funny and Aloiai deserved it. That’s clever. And Sure the limo drove off with Aloiai less than a week later but only because we agreed to the compensation payment...

I’m surprised as a word smith with a reasonable sense of humour you don’t agree

Last edited:
Allowed maybe, workable not likely

A simple contract clause I think.

The limo drives off, Allo waving us goodbye with his extra $200k per season and from me it was like

“ Good work Lee, you really showed him buddy”

and

“ Woe f**king betide any player who crosses us”

We showed all the courage of Ocky in a schoolyard.

The lawns remain too high around the club at the moment.

Daine Laurie, young smug finally arrives.
A507165F-EB95-4340-A063-C4009BB22365.jpeg
“ When the opportunity came up to join the Tigers, i grasped it with both hands.”

Methinks he meant “ both claws” Its good to see him arrive as against Ivans initial wishes.

Simpkins, fmd great signing.

C6E8208B-2512-4CBD-8194-67E980F375B3.jpeg
This kid will rival big Tammas in a year or so, he’s massive. Feeding him might send us broke.

Harto and Madge: addicted to their beef.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
A simple contract clause I think.

The limo drives off, Allo waving us goodbye with his extra $200k per season and from me it was like

“ Good work Lee, you really showed him buddy”

and

“ Woe f**king betide any player who crosses us”

We showed all the courage of Ocky in a schoolyard.

The lawns remain too high around the club at the moment.

Daine Laurie, young smug finally arrives.
View attachment 46023
“ When the opportunity came up to join the Tigers, i grasped it with both hands.”

Methinks he meant “ both claws” Its good to see him arrive as against Ivans initial wishes.

Simpkins, fmd great signing.

View attachment 46024
This kid will rival big Tammas in a year or so, he’s massive.

Harto and Madge: addicted to their beef.
There’s tough and there’s clever. I’m happy Aloiai is gone. I’m happy with his replacement, I’m happy with the compensation money, I’m happy he got a pounding from somewhere online or other. You want to keep a lunatic onboard who could risk our season and us possibly having a player short just for the sake of it? That’s not tough or clever..
Until we get into the top 8 and have multiple strong and experienced leaders onboard expect shit but manage it the best we can

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
As much as it kills me to say this: Aloai will not be the last player of the current WT squad to chuck a hissy fit and leave. It will keep happening until we start making finals.. Which I don't think will happen until next year.

I'm just hoping that the next hissy fit won't be from a key player... someone easily replaceable etc

If they could have that contract clause and still have players want to sign up they would have. It’s not a good advert tho is it

My bet is that they simply haven’t thought to put it in the fine print.

Id be surprised if a player won’t sign on the basis of post club restraint on denigrating the club, because they sign for money and/or opportunity.

I will raise it with Lee if our paths meet this year.

Restraints on conduct post-engagement are not uncommon in employment contracts, mainly to do with competition though.

Theres a few lawyers on lu, we should ask them I suppose.

Fordy20

Juniors
Is such a clause like that allowed? :joy::joy::joy: It would get out somehow.

You can put whatever you like in a contract, but whether terms are enforceable is another story. Assuming such a term is legal, what would the optics look like? A ex-player has a sook on Instagram or Twitter, so the club pursues them through the courts? Can't see it happening

WA Tiger

Bench
You can put whatever you like in a contract, but whether terms are enforceable is another story. Assuming such a term is legal, what would the optics look like? A ex-player has a sook on Instagram or Twitter, so the club pursues them through the courts? Can't see it happening
And what’s going on at WT that they need that so yea nah

There’s a lot of contractual clauses out there designed to control conduct. I can’t see why it wouldn’t be enforceable.

Breach of contract, there’s heaps of cases there.

As for the optics, I don’t really care. If disgruntled ex players want to defame and denigrate us, they need to be punished. And a lot of clubs would follow suit.

I think @Mr Spock! is a lawyer or knows some, maybe he can shed light on the issue?

Tiger05

First Grade
As much as it kills me to say this: Aloai will not be the last player of the current WT squad to chuck a hissy fit and leave. It will keep happening until we start making finals.. Which I don't think will happen until next year.

I'm just hoping that the next hissy fit won't be from a key player... someone easily replaceable etc

It'll happen even when we make the finals. It's about money. Aloiai was getting offered a couple of hundred grand more from Manly. It happens to Melbourne all the time without the hissy fits but it still happens.

Tigerm

First Grade
OMG

NRL news 2021: Wests Tigers centre of excellence, aboriginal artefact found at Concord Oval | Fox Sports

Stunning Aboriginal find beneath Wests Tigers’ $75m headquarters 

Work has been delayed on part of the $75 million redevelopment of Concord Oval where Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence will be based after an Aboriginal artefact the size of a thumbnail was discovered.

ec11151122175e08d5c15ac236f157e6

OMG

NRL news 2021: Wests Tigers centre of excellence, aboriginal artefact found at Concord Oval | Fox Sports

Work has been delayed on part of the $75 million redevelopment of Concord Oval where Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence will be based after an Aboriginal artefact the size of a thumbnail was discovered.

That’s pretty good to detect it and halt work. There could be other stuff there to help our understanding of the traditional owners.

The NRL is penalising players for standing up against racism and our Wests Tigers are being careful and respecting ancient culture and indigenous heritage.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
OMG

bahahahhahaaa would only happen to this fcking club. Send us to Perth and be done with it

Latest posts