What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Fordy20

Juniors
Bloody hell, if this clown can be the chairman of the Western Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club and be in the mix for the Wests Tigers board, literally any one us could be. All it requires is to be a member for 3 years and to simply show up and nominate.

Lee can’t handle the truth.

If he wants to man up and sue him for defamation fine, but he’s not going to be able to defeat the truth defence.

Well done Magpies, ftw.

Seems there’s only one side of the venture worth honouring in modern times.

Sorry Tiger lads, I’m getting ready to jump ship and commit to their side forever after.

C57C3604-A7FB-48C2-BB0B-91D4FA8ED378.jpeg

We need people of courage, honour and integrity running this club.

They don’t weave baskets or drive Ferraris.

I’m going to write to him and slap old mate on the back.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Oh please. How much courage does it take to have a skinful of piss and give someone a hard time at a public event?

What precisely has Cavanagh done with his last two years on the Magpies FC board? I bet none of you even heard of this nobody until this morning.

Tigerm

First Grade
Oh please. How much courage does it take to have a skinful of piss and give someone a hard time at a public event?

What precisely has Cavanagh done with his last two years on the Magpies FC board? I bet none of you even heard of this nobody until this morning.
Agree, if he has a justifiable gripe, go through the correct procedures, I’m pretty certain saying it in front of sponsors wouldn’t be in the procedure book.

Agree, if he has a justifiable gripe, go through the correct procedures, I’m pretty certain saying it in front of sponsors wouldn’t be in the procedure book.

Our board didn’t bother going through the correct procedures when it appointed Tim and Benji…

He’s entitled to tell the home truths to the sponsors. The WT board is the most unaccountable governing body in the NRL.

Politburo of failure

They even changed the rules to protect themselves.

All power to our Western Suburbs leadership. Thank God there is some sanity around the joint.

And by the crikey I’m going to make sure they know their sentiments are shared all around the joint venture.

WA Tiger

Bench
Then we wouldn’t be reading about it and the sponsors wouldn’t know about it..and lee will talk his way around him and Pascoe keeping their jobs for life regardless .I’m glad the sponsors heard it. The seed has to be planted for all drastic changes

Tigerm

First Grade
The board at this club, is there for life, they would have no fear of rumours, sponsors will come and go and life goes on.
If it was different, changes would have been made after last years debacle.
Discussing inside things to outside people is not on, imo.

Unfortunately, the club is not a democracy, never has been, like others are.

Last edited:
The board at this club, is there for life, they would have no fear of rumours, sponsors will come and go and life goes on.
If it was different, changes would have been made after last years debacle.
Discussing inside things to outside people is not on, imo.

Unfortunately, the club is not a democracy, never has been, like others are.

I respectfully disagree.

If I was a sponsor, I’d welcome the honesty. It would show that the club is able to healthy, honest discussion about its shortcomings.

We are the wooden spooners. We have the worst team in the comp. As a club, we are the worst at what we do. No amount of Lee-speak is going to hide that fact.

If we crap on about how wonderful we are, that would simply raise a suspicion because it’s so delusional.

Sponsors aren’t stupid.

We are unaccountable because none of the people in positions of power at this club have been sacked. Even with a season like ours.

Its do whatever you want whenever you want and then bullshit until people are sick of you.

I do hereby swear an oath

that whereby on heritage grounds I did inherit the Balmain Tiger genetics.

That I did attend the Balmain Leagues Club.

And did live in the Balmain Tiger player catchment for many years and so visited LO.

Where I am related to former players including David Grant.

So too did the mentally Ill spurn me walking through on the way to the ground.

I cast these birth entitlements and honours aside to embrace the Western Suburbs side on the joint venture as they have shown that truth and justice is the way forward.

I do so until further notice.

Tigerm

First Grade
I respectfully disagree.

If I was a sponsor, I’d welcome the honesty. It would show that the club is able to healthy, honest discussion about its shortcomings.

We are the wooden spooners. We have the worst team in the comp. As a club, we are the worst at what we do. No amount of Lee-speak is going to hide that fact.

If we crap on about how wonderful we are, that would simply raise a suspicion because it’s so delusional.

Sponsors aren’t stupid.

We are unaccountable because none of the people in positions of power at this club have been sacked. Even with a season like ours.

Its do whatever you want whenever you want and then bullshit until people are sick of you.
I'm not sure of the $ figures, but Lee's company is our biggest sponsor and have just upped their stake?

I'm all for accountability, but it won't happen, so not sure why you would want to get your knickers in a knot?

I certainly agree that the club was the worst team in the comp last year, but, that was last year, they will all be salivating about this year ATM.

As I said earlier, they are in their seats for life.

I’m not disputing the board doesn’t need changing, but bad mouthing the board gets you sacked and then you have no power to change anything.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the $ figures, but Lee's company is our biggest sponsor and have just upped their stake?

I'm all for accountability, but it won't happen, so not sure why you would want to get your knickers in a knot?

I certainly agree that the club was the worst team in the comp last year, but, that was last year, they will all be salivating about this year ATM.

As I said earlier, they are in their seats for life.

I’m not disputing the board doesn’t need changing, but bad mouthing the board gets you sacked and then you have no power to change anything.

He touches one of my Maggie’s, I’ll turn Victoria Rd into a river of blood!!

We bad mouth the board every 2 seconds. He deserves that right too.

It’s the way you do it that counts. Got to be smarter.

Honey trap?

Lee needs to know what the people think.

No beating around the bush.

Up into his face is the smartest move.

I keep telling people, we don’t need Lee financially, we’ve got sponsors with deep wallets.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
So if I’m understanding this correctly, Cavanagh was asked by Pasco, in front of a sponsor, who should be running the club and now he’s in trouble because he didn’t lie and tickle the correct ego? Really?
Yep. That's honestly what Cavanagh expects people to believe. That Pascoe just randomly approaches Cavanagh out of the blue at a public Wests Tigers event and asks him who should be running club. No context, no other discussion. Right in front some sponsors. Then Cavanagh gives his thoughtful and well considered appraisal and for that reason alone, Lee gets in a huff and writes a letter.

What kind of simpleton would believe such a farcical story, let alone expect others too?

WA Tiger

Bench
Has anyone ever told Pascoe he has to go. Ever. We look ok now after one trial game with sheens seemingly running things swimmingly, but soon enough he will be gone and the place will be ripe for the hippy to continue on his merry way…maybe sooner.

Latest posts