What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Das Hassler

Bench
Lee didn’t address the contrary proposition with any actual evidence. He just said we were wonderful and players and managers love us. Totally unsupported statement.

I agree that the transmission of info is good, but it raises serious doubts about competency at our highest levels and I agree with @Das Hassler as to whether or not we should have expected anything other than a whitewash. I’d hoped so, but on the facts, Das argument is much stronger than
I am a big fan of Sheens but seeing he is not the coach I don't think that will have an impact on our roster next year.
My hope is the board and management not only listen to what he has to say but do what he recommends. He has far more football knowledge and expertise than any of them.
Noddy jokingly says we have a 15 year plan. Hope it doesn't turn out to be true.

Most current NRL players were still going to school in short pants holding mum's hand when Sheens came with the Raiders reputation and won it in '05 ...whether it's still deserved or not our group and a good many orhers will be more in awe of Sheens than they would be of anyone bar Bennett or Bellamy...deserved or not i think he's still regarded highly by a couple of dozen kangaroos and a good many coaches that were coached by him...he's as close to a Gould as we or anyone else is going to get untill the big 3 retire from coaching..also i think we're a lot less likely to lose the young guys who would go onto bigger things at other clubs.

Yeah I’m sheensy all the way.

If the boys think Madge is tough- Sheens is next level.

I know ex players and what he did to them.

He is beyond brutal.

The players will be shit scared of not obeying Madge for fear of ending up with Tim.

They will not know what hit them. I conversed with Joel Caine about it once if you bump into him.He’s a good bloke.

But do yourself a big favour, whenever you want to bet, halve your stake. I have some related industry experience.

Last edited:
420A74A6-1EBA-4438-BEFD-E8ED266DA74E.jpeg
Lee was asked a very simple question which he didn’t answer.

“ not sorted out exactly”

Where he says “ exactly” means that they have already worked it out. nothing is exact.

“ I’m not fussed….”

Lee wasn’t asked if he was fussed about reporting. He’s just volunteering his own views. He wasn't asked about his own views.

“I think people work together”

Fine but sometimes they don’t. Who is the boss in a dispute? Madge or Tim?

“ There is a heircahy…”

Where does Tim and Madge sit in that hierarchy Lee?

“ They will work it out for themselves”

No Lee, they will sometimes disagree. Who is on top?

“Tim…senior role”

All good Lee but does mean he will be in charge of Madge? Take a punt if you don’t know.

The only reasonable conclusion to be drawn about this answer is that Lee doesn’t want to answer it.

He knows a lot more than he’s letting on.
Perhaps by keeping everything hazy he thinks he’s helping people. But I don’t know how.

My bet is that Tim in his senior role will be barking out orders to Madge and Madge will be jumping. It will all be hushed up to save face though.

The lack of openness and transparency…well it is a bit concerning. Unnecessary

Tim is not going to turn up in good faith and then be told he doesn’t absolute power.

Not a chance if his good name is under risk.

Tims way or the highway.

Change.

Last edited:

MasterTiger

Juniors
View attachment 54247

Where he says “ exactly” means that they have already worked it out. nothing is exact.

“ I’m not fussed….”

Lee wasn’t asked if he was fussed about reporting. He’s just volunteering his own views. He wasn't asked about his own views.

“ There is a heircahy…”

“Tim…senior role”

All good Lee but does mean he will be in charge of Madge? Take a punt if you don’t know.

The only reasonable conclusion to be drawn about this answer is that Lee doesn’t want to answer it.

Perhaps by keeping everything hazy he thinks he’s helping people. But I don’t know how.

My bet is that Tim in his senior role will be barking out orders to Madge and Madge will be jumping. It will all be hushed up to save face though.

Tim is not going to turn up in good faith and then be told he doesn’t absolute power.

Tims way or the highway.

Change.
WTF is the problem with this? Robust is what we need !! Who gives a FC if it upsets individuals.

stryker

First Grade
View attachment 54247

“ I’m not fussed….”

“ There is a heircahy…”

“Tim…senior role”

Tims way or the highway.

Change.
Lee needs to shut his f**ken cakehole. The bloke is a god damned embarrassment.

Das Hassler

Bench
View attachment 54247

“ I’m not fussed….”

“ There is a heircahy…”

“Tim…senior role”

The lack of openness and transparency…well it is a bit concerning. Unnecessary when we are on our knees, drinking poison to escape the hot sun of the desert.

Tim is not going to turn up in good faith and then be told he doesn’t absolute power. Not a chance. Tims way or the highway.

Mr Silver. ..here i"ll disagree a bit. I doubt very much that any other club would answer those questions without a bit ...make that a LOT of ambiguity as there's just nothing to be gained by giving the "no good intentioned" media more than just scraps...they've got us dialled in for relentless criticism and a negative narrative to run with no matter if we kept madge or sacked him...whether madge answers to sheens or he doesn't ..whether we keep brooksie or we don't. ..they've bagged us relentlessly for not keeping things in house so we fu kin' should do exactly that! . Really...when it comes down to it, telling chamaas...and i'm not singling him out ...everything he or any of the others want to know doesn't change one bit anything that the club does or doesn't put in place. ..it can only cause us more dusruption and distraction because they will not let us up for air no matter WHAT answers we give. No matter what Lee says to them or how he does or doesn't say it changes absolutely zero. He should have just come out and said the process went and is continuing to go smoothly...just like every other club does . He absolutely SHOULD NOT have fed them the debacle/ embarrasment gift....that was near unforgivable for me. Did you see the free copy they got from that today ?...why help them?? if he read the riot act to the board then great ! ..but he should have shutup about it...what good does giving the media more than the bare minimum accomplish !? Nothing...it just helps them...not the club or in getting any clear air to get onfield results for the supporters

Mr Silver. ..here i"ll disagree a bit. I doubt very much that any other club would answer those questions without a bit ...make that a LOT of ambiguity as there's just nothing to be gained by giving the "no good intentioned" media more than just scraps...they've got us dialled in for relentless criticism and a negative narrative to run with no matter if we kept madge or sacked him...whether madge answers to sheens or he doesn't ..whether we keep brooksie or we don't. ..they've bagged us relentlessly for not keeping things in house so we fu kin' should do exactly that! . Really...when it comes down to it, telling chamaas...and i'm not singling him out ...everything he or any of the others want to know doesn't change one bit anything that the club does or doesn't put in place. ..it can only cause us more dusruption and distraction because they will not let us up for air no matter WHAT answers we give. No matter what Lee says to them or how he does or doesn't say it changes absolutely zero. He should have just come out and said the process went and is continuing to go smoothly...just like every other club does . He absolutely SHOULD NOT have fed them the debacle/ embarrasment gift....that was near unforgivable for me. Did you see the free copy they got from that today ?...why help them?? if he read the riot act to the board then great ! ..but he should have shutup about it...what good does giving the media more than the bare minimum accomplish !? Nothing...it just helps them...not the club or in getting any clear air to get onfield results for the supporters
The media interest doesn’t worry me as much as the throw-away lines about the things that matter such as what the changes are so we can better assess where we are going.

I said it earlier, we lu forumers ( outside the club) sensed how badly the side was going at the start of the year and the club didn’t.

The club finally catches up to us after a year -it’s really not good enough. How come we were in front and we’ve all got day jobs and only a skerrick of fictitious info from the untrustworthy scum media?

Lee is not the person we need as the figurehead. He is too self-centred and I will address this tomorrow in more depth.

He’s operating on a 1930s corporate model which does not embrace accountability. He subscribes to this flawed leadership cult that most people know doesn’t work. He lives in a fantasy world of spinning bullshit. He thinks he’s in a law firm acting for Microsoft or Google. He blurts out the latest trendy corporate psycho babble and expects us to be astonished at his wisdom and impressed.

He’s doing an extraordinarily bad job. He’s basically incompetent and a lot of us are embarrassed and even ashamed of him.

Every time he makes a foray into the public space (remember Latrell?) he fails miserably.

Madge comes out of this a lot stronger. He looks Mr Integrity and great compared to those judging him …and he can barely jag a win.

Just a perpetual cycle of agony this club at the moment. Sheensy is the last roll of the dice, but …..what a man to throw it!

This is my honest opinion.

Its great to be Wests Tiger lads, courage my friends, courage.

No man left behind during this eternal night.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
The media interest doesn’t worry me as much as the throw-away lines about the things that matter such as what the changes are so we can better assess where we are going.

I said it earlier, we lu forumers ( outside the club) sensed how badly the side was going at the start of the year and the club didn’t.

The club finally catches up to us after a year -it’s really not good enough. How come we were in front and we’ve all got day jobs and only a skerrick of info from the untrustworthy scum media?

Lee is not the person we need as the figurehead. He is too self-centred and I will address this tomorrow in more depth.

He’s operating on a 1930s corporate model which does not embrace accountability.

He’s doing an extraordinarily bad job. He’s basically incompetent and a lot of us are embarrassed and even ashamed of him.

Every time he makes a foray into the public space (remember Latrell?) he fails miserably.

Madge comes out of this a lot stronger. He looks great compared to those judging him and he can barely jag a win.

I think you're probably right about him ....anyway..from this point on there's no previous baggage or 4 year albatross signings left to mitigate an assessment of anybody's performance....we have the cap back in order...Sheens as the "footballer connect to the board" that Benny and everybody wanted...nothing to hide behind now so next season everyone's fair game

Tigerm

First Grade
View attachment 54247

“ I’m not fussed….”

“ There is a heircahy…”

“Tim…senior role”

Tims way or the highway.

Change.
Is it Lee’s job to sort out management structure? Thought that was Pascoe’s area?

At the end of the day, the decision has been made about the coach, the other stuff will be sorted, they don’t come back together until November.

Tim accepted the position to turn up here as Pathways Manager, his position looks like changing, but “absolute power“, I don’t think so? Thats Pascoe’s domain.

Though I am sure Tim will be good for the club and help Madge as and when required?

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
I agree with the premise here - We owe those hack journo's nothing. Did anyone hear Rothfield on NRL360 on Monday night? He was basically whinging because he already had his story written that Madge had been sacked. He actually said that on the show! So basically it's transparent as to why he had the sh!ts - He went to the trouble of writing a story before he actually knew the outcome which ended up being wrong and he couldn't run it. So the lazy pickled hack probably had to come up with something else last minute....Not that that should bother him as it's not like he does actual research anyway.
Also agree that Lee should not have gifted them the embarrassment line. He should have just stated something like - Either Monday evening or Tuesday morning matters very little, some board members expressed they would like an extra few hours to consider a very important decision and in the circumstances we afforded them that consideration. We work to our timeline not the media's and what is important is that we came to the correct decision together as a united board.

Is it Lee’s job to sort out management structure? Thought that was Pascoe’s area?

At the end of the day, the decision has been made about the coach, the other stuff will be sorted, they don’t come back together until November.

Tim accepted the position to turn up here as Pathways Manager, his position looks like changing, but “absolute power“, I don’t think so? Thats Pascoe’s domain.

Though I am sure Tim will be good for the club and help Madge as and when required?

I didn’t say it was his job to sort out the management structure but as Club supremo, he should at least know what’s going on and be very influential on that process as the bored have ratify these changes. He says he doesn’t know “exactly” which means he knows generally.

It hasn’t been explained to us what the changes are and how they will help. Wtf is going on?

You will find that Tim will be given power over the footy department, if not on paper then in reality. If not, then he should decline any appointment.

Those are my thoughts.

I agree with the premise here - We owe those hack journo's nothing. Did anyone hear Rothfield on NRL360 on Monday night? He was basically whinging because he already had his story written that Madge had been sacked. He actually said that on the show! So basically it's transparent as to why he had the sh!ts - He went to the trouble of writing a story before he actually knew the outcome which ended up being wrong and he couldn't run it. So the lazy pickled hack probably had to come up with something else last minute....Not that that should bother him as it's not like he does actual research anyway.
Also agree that Lee should not have gifted them the embarrassment line. He should have just stated something like - Either Monday evening or Tuesday morning matters very little, some board members expressed they would like an extra few hours to consider a very important decision and in the circumstances we afforded them that consideration. We work to our timeline not the media's and what is important is that we came to the correct decision together as a united board.
Brilliant post.

I loved that account of “ extra few hours” meaning that the Club was faced with a change of circumstances and needing to deal with this unheralded urgent variable in order to arrive at an informed decision.

I invite you to send your resume in to Pascoe as media adviser by cob this afternoon.

Commander @macnaz may be looking for a junior moderator intern over the off season. I suggest he pulls the advertisement.

Last edited:

Latest posts