What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Fordy20

Juniors
Welcome home Benji..again.
Sheens, Benji and Farah together should do wonders for the club culture.
Hire some f**king centres and we may win some games...I see that Scott signed elsewhere @SilverdalePhantom.

Exactly. What did Sheens, Farah and Marshall deliver without Scott Prince holding their hands? Sweet f**k all. Wake me up when we sign Zac Lomax or at least Dylan Walker.

stryker

First Grade
Doogie
Stefano
Blorey
Hastings
Laurie
Nofo
Lucy
Peachey

Would waltz into any almost any side in the comp.

All of these heroes were signed on stale lite beer cash because our cap was gagging close to suffocation.

Hard on for Harto, I miss him already.

His replacement hasn’t signed anyone and has single handledly failed to rid the club of Brooksy at top dollar and rip the knights off.
$1.6m per season in actual competent games.

Harto would have seen boy blunder off as soon as the delinquent jarryd buvverley poodle f**ker applied for a visa.
What a cherry picking load of nonsense.
All that fat merkin was good at was coaching the women.
The club will go alright next year without him ignoring our gun juniors or f**king up potential marque signings.

The intoxicating scent of Marquee in the breeze, wafting over Concord, drifting high over the smug of Penrith and heading South to our beloved Campbelltown.

Like the old cartoons when the characters feet don’t touch the ground, led by the nose.

Aromatic, filling the lungs with enriching refreshing spritzy vigour.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
The intoxicating scent of Marquee in the breeze, wafting over Concord, drifting high over the smug of Penrith and heading South to our beloved Campbelltown.

Like the old cartoons when the characters feet don’t touch the ground, led by the nose.

Cosmic baby ⛅️

I think it’s the aromatic filling of the lungs that is doing it to you😂

Cosmic baby ⛅️

I think it’s the aromatic filling of the lungs that is doing it to you😂
Down in the shed I don’t own!

The unofficial policy of Lu is to keep up the intrigue, drama and fun of the forum going right through the off-season.

As you know, for us, the best time of the year, being the pre season- is the time for the grinches come out in force.

Every second post is a complaint of same kind.

Like Zombies waking up, breaking through crusty coffins and earth, marching on mass to Ashfield.

All we can do is pick them off one by one with wooden stakes over Yuletide.

A couple of the mods turn the other cheek at this time of year, just a bit though, not an invitation to run amok.

Those Panther Lu mods have been terrific this year. i have a good opinion of them, they go ok. I will let @murraymob know.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade

We’ve been down this road before with your claims

F7178415-5419-4E5C-A3BC-FDA2F46CA94C.jpeg

We were minutes away from closing the deal, I can even tell you what killed it for us.

But don’t think for a moment it’s chill time, beers and skittles at Hq. We are most definitely on the hunt.

Just don’t say old tsp didn’t give you the good oil.

I was the first person on any public media platform anywhere in the world to claim we’d been f**ked over.

I was expecting LU High Command to thank me for breaking the story adding further gravitas and glory to the forum but it wasn’t to be.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
And I was proven correct.

You were supposed to have my back, when the bombardment started I turned to my side, couldn’t find you, turned around and then saw you scurrying off to the mess area behind the lines!
Don’t use a war analogy.
I was annoyed as everyone else at the games you were playing, the fact you were talking about Elliot who is a shit of a player and the resultant inability to sign him even though you were reporting it as done.

Don’t use a war analogy.
I was annoyed as everyone else at the games you were playing, the fact you were talking about Elliot who is a shit of a player and the resultant inability to sign him even though you were reporting it as done.
It was all done and dusted until Ricky got involved personally. That’s hardly my fault.

I didn’t make anyone read or believe anything. It was up to them. A few of the lads picked him early, I was impressed.

I smell the scent of marquee.

The Rosco

Bench
Silverdale, mate, I'm confused.
You live in an outlying area, where you could grow whatever you want in your yard and nobody would see it.
Your posts sound like Raymond J Bartholomew wrote them.
And you reckon you don't have a shed.
Yeah, right.
I smell the same scent as on that fishing club houseboat weekend 15 odd years ago when we played bong lotto.

Silverdale, mate, I'm confused.
You live in an outlying area, where you could grow whatever you want in your yard and nobody would see it.
Your posts sound like Raymond J Bartholomew wrote them.
And you reckon you don't have a shed.
Yeah, right.
I smell the same scent as on that fishing club houseboat weekend 15 odd years ago when we played bong lotto.
If I was fibbing about Elliot, there’s no way I could have called the fact that our quest was over before it hit mainstream.

For that moment in time, you guys and other Lu viewers were the recipients of a breaking story which nobody else in the world had.

Hopefully, LU got plenty of clicks on the ads for this trouble along the way.

Then the forum grinches got the story and spun it around to suit their destructive lifestyle of perpetual depression and victimhood. They were even moaning about it on Panthers LU trying to gas light me.

But I’m telling you, we are hunting prey, marquee prey.

It’s on for young and old at the smokey and unkept offices of West Tigers recruitment. The typewriters are clattering and people aren’t game to go home.

Game on, player manager scum. Here we go.

Tim expects results.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Concord or Canberra? Tigers hoping for Hodgson decision soon
By Christian Nicolussi
November 13, 2021 — 5.14pm

Josh Hodgson’s playing future is set to be decided within days with Wests Tigers hopeful the English rake will resume pre-season training at Concord, not Canberra.

Hodgson is due back at the Raiders on Friday, but Tigers officials have good reason to believe he no longer wants to be in the nation’s capital and is chasing a fresh start in Sydney under coach Michael Maguire.

The Tigers would love Hodgson’s experience at dummy half, which would not only benefit the young forward pack but also take pressure off Luke Brooks.

The 32-year-old has already undergone a medical at the club. The only remaining hurdle is how much of his $900,000 deal for next year the Tigers are prepared to pay.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Tigers officials will not budge on paying more than $500,000. The Raiders have already covered the first month of Hodgson’s salary this season, given the NRL pay cycle begins in November.

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has repeatedly said there are no issues with Hodgson and knows he has plenty to offer in the final year of his contract in 2022. Hodgson was vocal about fellow Englishman George Williams’ mid-season return home, but Stuart persisted with him in the No.9.

With back-up rake Tom Starling due to front a Central Coast court in the new year following an altercation in a hotel, the Raiders are also aware there is no need to rush Hodgson out the door.

The Tigers hit pause on negotiations with Hodgson so new director of football Tim Sheens could get settled, with the club’s only premiership-winning coach commencing work just this week.

The club has first-choice hooker Jacob Liddle, as well as Jake Simpkin, while recruit Jackson Hastings and Tyrone Peachey are both capable of playing dummy half. But they keep coming back to Hodgson’s record on the big stage and have been buoyed by the feedback he wants to join them.

The Tigers are keen to offer Hodgson a two-year deal, but have no interest for 2023 or beyond if they cannot land him for next season.

The idea is for Hodgson to start afresh alongside the likes of Brooks, who, along with the club’s other senior players, resumes training on Thursday, so the spine has more than enough time to come together.

Apart from Hodgson, the Tigers are keen on recruiting another outside back. They have Englishman Oliver Gildart, Tommy Talau is overcoming an ACL rupture, while James Roberts remains on a train-and-trial deal and will know if he has a new deal before Christmas.

It was another big week in Tiger town with the return of Sheens on Monday followed by the news favourite son Benji Marshall will come back to focus on development and the club’s pathways programs.

“Benji Marshall is such an important part of our history, but we wanted him to be part of our future as well. He belongs here at the Wests Tigers,” Wests Ashfield chief Simon Cook told the Herald this week about Marshall’s return.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Concord or Canberra? Tigers hoping for Hodgson decision soon
By Christian Nicolussi
November 13, 2021 — 5.14pm

Josh Hodgson’s playing future is set to be decided within days with Wests Tigers hopeful the English rake will resume pre-season training at Concord, not Canberra.

Hodgson is due back at the Raiders on Friday, but Tigers officials have good reason to believe he no longer wants to be in the nation’s capital and is chasing a fresh start in Sydney under coach Michael Maguire.

The Tigers would love Hodgson’s experience at dummy half, which would not only benefit the young forward pack but also take pressure off Luke Brooks.

The 32-year-old has already undergone a medical at the club. The only remaining hurdle is how much of his $900,000 deal for next year the Tigers are prepared to pay.

Sources with knowledge of the negotiations said Tigers officials will not budge on paying more than $500,000. The Raiders have already covered the first month of Hodgson’s salary this season, given the NRL pay cycle begins in November.

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has repeatedly said there are no issues with Hodgson and knows he has plenty to offer in the final year of his contract in 2022. Hodgson was vocal about fellow Englishman George Williams’ mid-season return home, but Stuart persisted with him in the No.9.

With back-up rake Tom Starling due to front a Central Coast court in the new year following an altercation in a hotel, the Raiders are also aware there is no need to rush Hodgson out the door.

The Tigers hit pause on negotiations with Hodgson so new director of football Tim Sheens could get settled, with the club’s only premiership-winning coach commencing work just this week.

The club has first-choice hooker Jacob Liddle, as well as Jake Simpkin, while recruit Jackson Hastings and Tyrone Peachey are both capable of playing dummy half. But they keep coming back to Hodgson’s record on the big stage and have been buoyed by the feedback he wants to join them.

The Tigers are keen to offer Hodgson a two-year deal, but have no interest for 2023 or beyond if they cannot land him for next season.

The idea is for Hodgson to start afresh alongside the likes of Brooks, who, along with the club’s other senior players, resumes training on Thursday, so the spine has more than enough time to come together.

Apart from Hodgson, the Tigers are keen on recruiting another outside back. They have Englishman Oliver Gildart, Tommy Talau is overcoming an ACL rupture, while James Roberts remains on a train-and-trial deal and will know if he has a new deal before Christmas.

It was another big week in Tiger town with the return of Sheens on Monday followed by the news favourite son Benji Marshall will come back to focus on development and the club’s pathways programs.

“Benji Marshall is such an important part of our history, but we wanted him to be part of our future as well. He belongs here at the Wests Tigers,” Wests Ashfield chief Simon Cook told the Herald this week about Marshall’s return.

The outside back signing should be higher priority than Hodgson. There honestly has to be someone out there of higher quality than James Roberts

WA Tiger

Bench
If we have anything that resembles a menacing spine, even minus one of the four positions (Brooks) I don’t think it will matter as much re another centre …we’ve had only 2 of the spine positions covered (if we were lucky) with constantly threatening players, for years. Its just not enough.
I’d love an attacking centre but I think having an attacking fullback 9 and 6 is more a priority for now.Roberts may even be made to look ok.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Sheens could be confident he can get Brooks back to his best with his licence to attack as you see fit etc philosophy. Brooks lost his Mojo when Cleary moved to Penrith and Madge dropped his layer of stress over the team …A fully threatening spine Now that would be something and I reckon a priority for sheens

I don’t think he will rush the next buy either like a cool cat. He knows those 2 positions are critical for next season…Even if he has to wait until the start of the season…I may be wrong but ah wtf

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Did the club write this drivel or is this Roycey angling for a job to bring the whole band back together ^^^^

Latest posts