What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Tiger05

First Grade
That is a decent article on Hastings. I reckon Hastings is a mess. He is holding himself together by a string. He just seems an intense dude.

He can play though. I think he is the best game managing halfback we've had. He has to continue playing to that level though.

WA Tiger

Bench
Reading that article I'd suggest Johns could use the occasional reality check as much as anyone...he's been doing everything he can using his position in the media to shit on this club and prise Brooks away....sickening at times watching and listening to him and his similarly smirking condescending buddy Fittler
Very wrong wasnt he

BrotherJim05

Bench
The thing with Hastings that sets him apart from a lot of players in the NRL, is that there isn't anything you can say to him, anything you can criticize him for or any level of verbal abuse you can sling at him that he hasn't copped worse in the past. Everything about him screams that he can cop it on the chin harder than anyone can hit him. It's everything you want in a halfback. The fact that all the boys went to another level against the Eels with JH calling the shots shows that this bloke is the real f**king deal...the type of lieutenant you want in the trenches with you.

I haven't been this confident in a Wests Tigers player since Harry Grant pulled on a WT jersey.

gordsy

Juniors
A few points,
1) It' was one game and a game we were closing to losing.
2) Hastings probably needs mental health help, nothing wrong with that we just have to manage him differently to others
3) I would be angry if I had to put up with f**kwits like DCE all the time too.

Good win, lets look for a good performance this week to show consistency. I don't care so much if we win as long as we show effort and heart.

Tigerm

First Grade
A few points,
1) It' was one game and a game we were closing to losing.
2) Hastings probably needs mental health help, nothing wrong with that we just have to manage him differently to others
3) I would be angry if I had to put up with f**kwits like DCE all the time too.

Good win, lets look for a good performance this week to show consistency. I don't care so much if we win as long as we show effort and heart.
I think while we can’t get super cited about our prospects after one win, we do need to put it into context about the result?

We went into that game 0&5 against a top 4 side that was being looked at as a premiership contender? No one gave us a chance?

For me, what it showed was, the team is capable (and always has been) to mix it with any team in the comp, why they don’t normally is beyond me?

I guess I can only put it down to one player (Hastings) can make a difference, like in many sides? Anyway, this week should show us more?

I think while we can’t get super cited about our prospects after one win, we do need to put it into context about the result?

We went into that game 0&5 against a top 4 side that was being looked at as a premiership contender? No one gave us a chance?

For me, what it showed was, the team is capable (and always has been) to mix it with any team in the comp, why they don’t normally is beyond me?

I guess I can only put it down to one player (Hastings) can make a difference, like in many sides? Anyway, this week should show us more?
100% agree. Love the fact that in the majority of comments from the eels camp, I think the most respect we got was "welllll, I just think we didn't respect them", irony at its best.

Now to be fair, we probably didn't deserve a lot of respect going into that game, and yes the eels made mistakes, but a lot of that can be put down to our enthusiasm that was shown for the majority of the 80mins.

Won't mean a lot if we don't back it up this week though. But if you can lift under the spectacle the eels put on with the old boys being rolled out, massive crowd etc, then there is no reason why knocking over the rabbits should be any harder. We need to be much better yes, but 80mins of effort plays goes a hell of a long way.

Tigerm

First Grade
100% agree. Love the fact that in the majority of comments from the eels camp, I think the most respect we got was "welllll, I just think we didn't respect them", irony at its best.

Now to be fair, we probably didn't deserve a lot of respect going into that game, and yes the eels made mistakes, but a lot of that can be put down to our enthusiasm that was shown for the majority of the 80mins.

Won't mean a lot if we don't back it up this week though. But if you can lift under the spectacle the eels put on with the old boys being rolled out, massive crowd etc, then there is no reason why knocking over the rabbits should be any harder. We need to be much better yes, but 80mins of effort plays goes a hell of a long way.
Though we did similar with Tommy's game last year:(

Fordy20

Juniors

PEACHEY’S NEXT MOVE

Tyrone Peachey has been used as a utility by Tigers coach Michael Maguire so far in 2022, having taken up the role at the Titans in the past.

With the merger club being hit with a number of injuries early on in their Sea Eagles clash, the former Panther came on and slotted in at centre.

The 30-year-old put in his best performance so far at his new club, scoring a try and recording 111 run metres, two tackle breaks and two offloads.

Fox League commentator Shane Flanagan believes that it is time for Peachey to spend an extended period in one position and make it his own, much like he did at 4 Pines Park when thrust into the outside backs.

“Just on Tyrone Peachey, I am not quite sure what his best position is but maybe it is centre,” Fox League’s Shane Flanagan said.

So according to the Sunday Tele today,
David Nofoaluma has said; "I’m not a reserve grade player". - He opens up on his ‘scary’ concussion battle - Why he was dumped to reserve grade and if he needs to earn back the trust of his teammates.

Story states that, senior players wanted him stood down because he was drinking while recovering from head-knocks. “It was in-house, Nofoaluma said after getting through 80 minutes on Saturday. It was one of those things that happened. I took it with both hands. It was disappointing. I’m back now and I want to enjoy my footy.”

Tigerm

First Grade
So according to the Sunday Tele today,
David Nofoaluma has said; "I’m not a reserve grade player". - He opens up on his ‘scary’ concussion battle - Why he was dumped to reserve grade and if he needs to earn back the trust of his teammates.

Story states that, senior players wanted him stood down because he was drinking while recovering from head-knocks. “It was in-house, Nofoaluma said after getting through 80 minutes on Saturday. It was one of those things that happened. I took it with both hands. It was disappointing. I’m back now and I want to enjoy my footy.”
Hopefully he starts playing like a first grader then?

Das Hassler

Bench
Thanks Mac, great story from one of my favourite old Tigers, gee he was good.

Wasn't he ever....he'd swoop in like a mako shark and chop them down around the ankles ....even on rock hard Henson park...42 years!....boy.. I was talking with another old Tigers fan a few weeks ago and we both wondered how it's gone for Dennis Bendall since the accident...all things considered that was very inspiring.

Latest posts