What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rangi Chase

nontime111

Juniors
Anyone else super excited about the news in RLW about the Chaseter??
I remember him at saints in about 2007-8 under Brownie I thought he had a HUGE lot of potential and was sad to see him leave.... what are your thoughts?? I rate him way above Mortimer I think we would RULE with a halves combo either of Chase/Stanley!!! Or even Chase/Soward!!
Our weak link was the halves next year we could be anything GO DRAGONS well be BAAAAAAAAACKKK!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Seemed like a pretty handy little player from memory, but a few errors in his game? Sounds like he's been playing some fantastic footy in England though

MattYg1

Bench
Was always a fan of him when he was with us and have heard of some of his achievements in the UK... whether they will translate back in the NRL or not im not entirely sure...

But i would take him over Mortimer thats for sure...

MattYg1

Bench
Actually watching this has converted me to a Rangi devotee... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJykJ1jD9x4&feature=related

I know highlight videos are not the best thing to go off of but I do remember flashes of this from him when he played with us but I like the fact that he isnt afraid to take it to the line and cop a hit (dish em out to he puts Sinfield on his arse about 4:10 in...)

Minh

First Grade
I as very surprised we let him go so easily because he as a freakish player with that "X Factor" about him.

MattYg1

Bench
Im really starting to feel like these guys

250px-StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

When i first heard about this i didnt like it all that much, then the more i started thinking about it I wouldnt mind the gamble on him.

That is to say that if it got announced that he signed with us I wouldn't be unhappy with that announcement at all...

mmap dragons

Juniors
I just don't know why it's taking so long to sign Chase.

Hull KR in the UK are looking to sign Chase and have been so for some. I read in a UK paper Ian & Bob Millward are behind the push to get him back to the Dragons. From memory he won the UK player of the year last year. Would be a great buy IMO. Real X factor player with a good bag of tricks. Tough as well.

dragon-83

Juniors
Hull KR in the UK are looking to sign Chase and have been so for some. I read in a UK paper Ian & Bob Millward are behind the push to get him back to the Dragons. From memory he won the UK player of the year last year. Would be a great buy IMO. Real X factor player with a good bag of tricks. Tough as well.

If he does sign lets hope he is able to produce the same form in NRL as his shown in the ESL

gypsy

Bench
I think we would RULE with a halves combo either of Chase/Stanley!!! Or even Chase/Soward!!

The Chase/Stanley combination is a possibility, with Chase Stanley in the centres. I'm not sure who else is chasing Rangi though.

Last edited:
My only concern is how Soward would cope with a new half getting more media attention than him regardless of who it is but I wish they'd hurry up and do something , anything!

KiamaSaint

Coach
I loved him at the Dragons, couldn't work out why we let him go. The game has changed a bit since he last played NRL and the ESL is no yardstick but I still think he is worth a go, would love to see him back.