What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

hybrid_tiger

Coach
This would really surprise me, as since Sheens took over the club hasn't been involved in any sort of negative publicity, or stupid behaviour.

Dissapointing.

Stranger

Coach
Willow said:
Legend wrote it. And my understanding was that it was the Telegraph who tried to make out Hadley was duped. Hadley asked for Leagueunlimited or the author to contact him to verify the story about Gasnier going to union, and legend did that. Hadley tried to check up on it but I suppose it was funny that he sucked in at all. Plenty of other people believed it moreso. lol

:lol:, my bad, but it was a bloody good article!

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:
f**k off. I bet you weren't saying that when Bulldogs were accused of rape.

Where are you on this one Ink? From memory ALOT of you Wests Tigers fans were giving it to me and my fellow bulldogs supporters about our "Alleged rape". So don't give me anything like "it's only alleged at this stage" etc etc.

In all honesty though i feel for Tigers fans, especially those still in school. The taunts and crap you will go through in the next month will almost make you reach breaking point. Good luck guys.

Well......dont let fear hold you back, wanker. Go for your life....you know you want to.

mattyg

Bench
It sounds really bad...no doubt we have another media wankfest going on by tomorrow. Don't be surprised if you's have a liftout section to deal with tiger fans. I think that at this stage NOTHING should be made public until the investigation is complete. Hadley is a complete GOOSE. Happens at exactly the wrong time too with a brilliant finals series coming up

[furrycat]

Coach
Why should details be kept private just because they are league players?

Their names can't be released until they are charged- so that is fair enough... but if there is evidence and it is being investigated the public deserve to know

Nathan B

Juniors
Let's hope that this story completely blows over - for the sake of everyone.

But if it doesn't - and league players are involved - then I hope Gallop learns from past mistakes and handles this situation appropriately. A repeat of the the '04 farce is not needed by league, the Tigers, and Tigers fans.

Leave the petrol in the garage, David.

RainMan

Juniors
All I see is Bulldogs supporters worked up in a lather atm. Hoping for something more out of this maybe...

mickdo

Coach
knight_of_knights said:
Hadley sources his stuff very thorough before announcing news, especially stuff like this, he just likes to tell it how it is and have his opinion..nothing wrong with that
Is that you Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy?????? :lol:

Glenn

First Grade
Anything potentially involving sportspeople is going to hit the headlines, at this stage only alleged so will wait and see what (if anything) the investigation uncovers.

mattyg

Bench
you haven't been through one tenth of the stuff us supporters have been through. For people to talk down this as a media blowout already, when nothing like that was said when ours was under investigation is ridiculous. Being called a rapist while watching your team play is no easy thing to take.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cheerleader 'in drug rape'

NSW police are investigating claims that a cheerleader was raped in an attack at a unit owned by a Wests Tigers player.

The woman, believed to be part of the rugby league club's cheer squad, believes she may have been drugged then raped at an apartment block in Abbotsford, Sydney.

But a NSW Police spokeswoman would not confirm a radio report the alleged incident involved first grade players.

The police spokeswoman said a 26-year-old woman told officers she may have been sexually assaulted on Monday at a unit in Five Dock, in Sydney's inner west.

"Detectives from the Child Protection and Sex Crimes Squad and Burwood Local Area Command are investigating an alleged sex assault at Five Dock on Monday,'' she said.

"At 10.40am on Monday, a 26-year-old female attended Parramatta police station and alleged that she may have been sexually assaulted at a home unit in Five Dock.''

Questioned about her use of the words "may have been sexually assaulted'', the police spokesman stood by the formulation used.

It is believed to refer to concerns the woman had been drugged - and that details were therefore unclear.

The claim that the attack involved first grade players was made by 2GB presenter Ray Hadley.

"A club involved in the NRL is currently investigating allegations of a rape involving a number of first grade players,'' Mr Hadley said.

"I've had two different sources from the NRL confirm that they have been advised by the club that police are investigating allegations that a young woman claims she was sexually assaulted last night.''

"The club at this time is meeting behind closed doors to discuss exactly what they will do in relation to all the media inquiries they are getting."
Share this article

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20363936-1702,00.html

Molon Lave

Juniors
dogs supports don't want more out of this, the game has suffered enough and in a year which we have a very exciting finals series about to commence its just plain dumb and hurtful to the league for something like this to happen

as mentioned tho, the mistakes of 04 should not be repeated, the investigation should be run by the police and let to be run in its entirity instead of the media, the nrl and other fans becoming judge, jury and executioner.

doubt that it will happen like that tho and there will be a whole heap of rapist tags thrown at the tigers and tigers supporters even if it isn't proven to be true

ibeme

First Grade
mattyg said:
you haven't been through one tenth of the stuff us supporters have been through. For people to talk down this as a media blowout already, when nothing like that was said when ours was under investigation is ridiculous. Being called a rapist while watching your team play is no easy thing to take.

In all fairness, I think the Bulldogs episode was an eye opener, and made a lot of people a bit more savvy when it comes to how things are reported in the media. I know that was the case for me anyway. It's only natural that they're going to be more wary as a result.

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:

God matty...anyone would think youre hoping like hell this is all true...I hope I'm wrong, but thats the impression I'm getting.

skeepe

Immortal
2GB are now using the word "senior" when referring to the players allegedly involved.

smeghead

Bench
Let the investigation take it's course and see where the wash up leaves any players allegedly involved and the club.

As for the taunts. Feel free. Won't stop me going to games or enjoying them

Also mattyg I think you may find the fans copped it alot more in the doggies case because of the reputation your fans had at the time and than the media reporting the Skaff brothers as Canterbury juniors.

Anyway I hope the correct outcome is speedily achieved whatever that outcome may be

borat

Bench
RainMan said:
All I see is Bulldogs supporters worked up in a lather atm. Hoping for something more out of this maybe...

Its like Doggies supporters are all excited they will have a 2nd member of their exclusive club.

Rammo

Juniors
borat said:
Its like Doggies supporters are all excited they will have a 2nd member of their exclusive club.

Not at all.

I hope for the sake of the game that these allegations have no truth.

But if they do have truth, the offenders concerned should be brought to justice.

I held exactly the same sentiments when the Bulldogs were going through a similar situation.

Call me naive, but I'd like to think that nothing illegal went on at Coffs Harbour. The police reached that conclusion.

Latest posts