What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
God matty...anyone would think youre hoping like hell this is all true...I hope I'm wrong, but thats the impression I'm getting.

no ink, seriously im not that sad to wish that kind of stuff on you guys.

i been through it all before and i hope to god that it doesn't happen again, but i don't see why RainMan is saying its a media blowout or whatnot, when nobody said that when our incident happened. In fact, the only people who were whinging about the media then were us Bulldogs fans.

I know how it feels and i'm on your side. three quarters of the newspaper articles tomorrow will be totally sensationalised and outrageous. Maybe it will be time then for another NRL supporter group to boycott the telegraph

ibeme

First Grade
It's sounding more and more wishy washy as details emerge. I find it extremely hard to believe that any first grade footballers would be involved with something as calculated as using date rape drugs. I just can't imagine anyone with such a profile to be so stupid, let alone so evil.

mattyg

Bench
they are saying she was drugged by the players and she can't remember exactly what happened however she thinks she was raped.

mickdo

Coach
ibeme said:
It's sounding more and more wishy washy as details emerge. I find it extremely hard to believe that any first grade footballers would be involved with something as calculated as using date rape drugs. I just can't imagine anyone with such a profile to be so stupid, let alone so evil.
Me neither, especially if it's a cheerleader from the same club. They might be rugby league players but surely they couldn't be that thick?

skeepe

Immortal
mickdo said:
Me neither, especially if it's a cheerleader from the same club. They might be rugby league players but surely they couldn't be that thick?

I tend to agree... even if one player was that thick, four from the same club? Doesn't sound right... we'll just have to wait it out and see what eventuates I guess.

mattyg

Bench
skeepe said:
I tend to agree... even if one player was that thick, four from the same club? Doesn't sound right... we'll just have to wait it out and see what eventuates I guess.

alcohol does strange things to otherwise normal people

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
i'm wondering how anyone could be charged if the female isn't even sure she was raped

I would imagine its an offense to take advantage of a woman if she is drugged, wether or not they were the person who drugged her in the first place. Two separate offenses.

ibeme

First Grade
El Diablo said:
i'm wondering how anyone could be charged if the female isn't even sure she was raped

I'd say that the first step would be for the police to take blood tests for the date rape drug, and then carry out a medical examination using a rape kit.

If the drug were to show up in her system, then that'd give the green light for continuing the investigation. If the medical evidence supported whatever it needed to support, then I'd imagine DNA and witness statements would be the next step.

It will probably be a long difficult journey for all involved though, and I hope things work out the way they should.

El Diablo

Post Whore
ibeme said:
I'd say that the first step would be for the police to take blood tests for the date rape drug, and then carry out a medical examination using a rape kit.

If the drug were to show up in her system, then that'd give the green light for continuing the investigation. If the medical evidence supported whatever it needed to support, then I'd imagine DNA and witness statements would be the next step.

It will probably be a long difficult journey for all involved though, and I hope things work out the way they should.

if she was drugged there may be no signs of forced penetration though.

RainMan

Juniors
innsaneink said:
God matty...anyone would think youre hoping like hell this is all true...I hope I'm wrong, but thats the impression I'm getting.

borat said:
Its like Doggies supporters are all excited they will have a 2nd member of their exclusive club.

I have to agree. Its certainly the impression I'm getting.

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:

All they need is evidence of a drug in the system and witnesses to say they were effected by the drug at the pub. If someone has passed out or close to it doesn't necessarily need to be signs does there.

mattyg

Bench
broncos_are_the_best said:
Two women are believed to have made complaints against the players.

Now it is two women?? jeeeez this story is just getting bigger and bigger. With such news like steve irwin and this drug rape allegation, i wonder which will get the headline story tonight? we'll soon find out. :x definately not good for the game.

ibeme

First Grade
El Diablo said:

I don't know if that's required if she was drugged. I'd imagine that once drugged, any form of consent would be rendered impossible.

El Diablo

Post Whore
borat said:
All they need is evidence of a drug in the system and witnesses to say they were effected by the drug at the pub. If someone has passed out or close to it doesn't necessarily need to be signs does there.

one would think they'd have to prove whomever gave her the drug too

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
one would think they'd have to prove whomever gave her the drug too

Why? If you fiind someone who has passed out its still rape wether you drugged them or not.

Latest posts