What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

taxidriver

Coach
What you dont expect people to be relieved when its not there team?

I was bloody relieved and I make no apology for it.

some chick has potentially been raped by maybe up to 4 blokes and you're thoughts are relief it wasn't your team ?

fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

In my opinion it's a f**ked attitude

Stranger

Coach
Originally Posted by knight_of_knights
Hadley sources his stuff very thorough before announcing news....
And the fact he pratically read out the april fool's article from El Diablo this year would prove otherwise also. Then you can have a look at the Timmy Smith Incident from a week or two back and it would also prove otherwise.

gregstar

Referee
how about this time, we all relax & wait.

i'm fed up after all the bulldog stories that amounted to nothing more than mean looks or overly vigorous kebab ingestings after such a big media build up.

sit & wait.

Gus22

Juniors
f**k people are quick to jump to conclusion.
All we know at the moment is that two unidentified women have made a complaint about a possible sexual assault involving upto 4 people (not necessarily players) invloved with Wests Tigers' Mad Monday "celebrations".

I'll wait to hear more details before commenting other than to say;

1. If guilty, name, shame & prosecute the scum - WHOEVER it is.
2. When will people (players, officials, friends, relatives, etc) realise that nothing good comes out of a Mad Monday session. It's nothing short of playing with fire in dynamite factory.

[furrycat]

Coach
taxidriver said:
some chick has potentially been raped by maybe up to 4 blokes and you're thoughts are relief it wasn't your team ?

We don't know any of the details of the sexual assault. It could range from a grab to, as you said, a rape. But we don't know those details. I was honestly relieved that it WASN'T a bulldog allegation but come on... I'm not happy however that it is another rugby league incident especially after so much has been done to try and fix the black eye given since the last incidents.

Sir Knights and co. are not happy that a girl has been assaulted- they are just relieved their team wasn't the alledged offenders. Fair point.

taxidriver said:

Edit: If there has been a crime committed and if it was by Knights players I'd be calling for them to be locked up with the key thrown away quicker then look at ya.

After the BS that went on last time RE the bulldogs I am not as keen as most to jump on players b4 they are proven guilty, wether or not this proves to be fact or fiction the fact of the matter is the club in question is likely to have there name dragged through the mud.

And I'd rather not be like the poor bulldogs and have my club reffered to as rapists every day.

innsaneink

Referee
[furrycat] said:
:blahb:

Finished?

Now we can discuss the actual topic rather than you chucking a fit.

Finished....when its you that started it?

Not bad, :roll:...though youve had plenty of practise....havent you?
Take my post out of context and try and throw it back on me...good form.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Stranger said:
And the fact he pratically read out the april fool's article from El Diablo this year would prove otherwise also. Then you can have a look at the Timmy Smith Incident from a week or two back and it would also prove otherwise.

wasn't my work. i've never written an article.

The Colonel

Immortal
It is an emotive issue people but can we refrain from speculation until we know more from investigations etc.

skeepe

Immortal
The news story on smh.com.au has been updated with a statement from Steve Noyce:

Wests Tigers Chief Executive Steve Noyce today issued the following statement.

"We have been made aware of an allegation that a woman may have been sexually assaulted early Monday morning at a place where both Wests Tigers players and others were present.

"We are not aware at this stage of any specific allegation against a Wests Tigers player and the Club is very keen to work with the police to establish what may or may not have taken place.''

skeepe

Immortal
NSW Police are investigating a woman's claim that she may have been raped at a Sydney apartment block.

But a NSW Police spokeswoman would not confirm a report the alleged incident involved first grade NRL players.

Macquarie Radio presenter Ray Hadley said the players were from a club not involved in the "semi-finals process", and that the club was meeting today to discuss the claims.

The police spokeswoman said a 26-year-old woman told officers she may have been sexually assaulted on Monday at a unit in Five Dock, in Sydney's inner west.

"Detectives from the Child Protection and Sex Crimes Squad and Burwood Local Area Command are investigating an alleged sex assault at Five Dock on Monday," she said.

"At 10.40am on Monday, a 26-year-old female attended Parramatta police station and alleged that she may have been sexually assaulted at a home unit in Five Dock."

Questioned about her use of the words "may have been sexually assaulted", the police spokesman stood by the formulation used.

Mr Hadley said NRL players were involved in the alleged incident.

"A club involved in the NRL is currently investigating allegations of a rape involving a number of first grade players," Mr Hadley said.

"I've had two different sources from the NRL confirm that they have been advised by the club that police are investigating allegations that a young woman claims she was sexually assaulted last night."

"The club at this time is meeting behind closed doors to discuss exactly what they will do in relation to all the media inquiries they are getting."

Source: www.news.com.au

Simo

First Grade
Gus22 said:
1. If guilty, name, shame & prosecute the scum - WHOEVER it is.
2. When will people (players, officials, friends, relatives, etc) realise that nothing good comes out of a Mad Monday session. It's nothing short of playing with fire in dynamite factory.

1 - Agree, if someone has commited such a crime they must take responsibility and accept the punishment.

2 - Cant disagree more. I have had great times on a mad monday and nobody I know ever raped anyone because of it. (remember all mad monday means is the players go out for a piss up, happens on many other nights to and the non sporting community do it every weekend).

I dont believe in stopping grown men from having big nights out, if they cross the line and commit a crime - they get whats coming to them, just like every other member of the community.

My thoughts go to the victims of such a bad crime.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El Diablo said:
wasn't my work. i've never written an article.
Legend wrote it. And my understanding was that it was the Telegraph who tried to make out Hadley was duped. Hadley asked for Leagueunlimited or the author to contact him to verify the story about Gasnier going to union, and legend did that. Hadley tried to check up on it but I suppose it was funny that he sucked in at all. Plenty of other people believed it moreso. lol

El Diablo

Post Whore
the 4pm Sky News hasn't mentioned it yet. probably for good reason seeing there seems to be no confirmation an NRL player is being investigated

mattyg

Bench
RainMan said:
Blown out of all proportions I bet.

f**k off. I bet you weren't saying that when Bulldogs were accused of rape.

Where are you on this one Ink? From memory ALOT of you Wests Tigers fans were giving it to me and my fellow bulldogs supporters about our "Alleged rape". So don't give me anything like "it's only alleged at this stage" etc etc.

In all honesty though i feel for Tigers fans, especially those still in school. The taunts and crap you will go through in the next month will almost make you reach breaking point. Good luck guys.

Latest posts