What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raper keeps position 2007 !

bluemazda

Juniors
Club has confirmed that Stuart Raper;s coaching position is safe for 2007, i can confirm that via the football office so we have to grin and bear it and the whole fracas is the management;s issue not the coach.So its all bad luck however they said to put in writing to the chariman your views to

The Chairman
Barry Pierce
PO Box 2219
Taren Point

fatshark

Bench
That confirms one of the halves is going, either that or mediocre performances are accepted.

Quigs

Immortal
Send in the clowns...

There ought to be clowns......

Well - - - maybe there here.....

words of a song.... or very similar. They are reverbarating inside my head as I type.

Cheers
( An absolutely declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

imasharkie

Coach
This is bullshit.
The board must know the fans are not happy.
So next year when we are languishing down near the bottom of the table, the board can look back and say "we did this".
You farkin cowards.

metalshark

Juniors
this is outrageous.

everyone can see raper has to go, except the people that count.

There has to be more to this. How can they justify keeping him?

beekershark

Bench
imasharkie said:
This is bullshit.
The board must know the fans are not happy.
So next year when we are languishing down near the bottom of the table, the board can look back and say "we did this".
You farkin cowards.

the board did THIS mate, THIS CURRENT POSITION WE ARE IN, the board oversaw it all , recruiting of coaching, CEO, marketing, etc etc etc.

They also oversaw the departure of Lang, Anderson, Preston, Best, Merrit, Nutely, peachey, treister, graham, Grose etc etc etc

bluey

Bench
The big problem here to me is, raper stays next year means that any one off contract next year is not going to wait and see who the next coach is.
And we are really going to draw players with a coach leaving at the end of the year.

Quigs

Immortal
Its got to have something to do with the Telstra Shares.... that is the only explaination I can offer.

I can offer quite a lot of expletives to describe the decision makers also and of course lets not forget old George.

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

SadShark

Bench
Supporting this club is bad for your health & sanity. Raper simply has to go. He is so bereft of ideas it's sickening.

The bloke can't coach at all. f**k him off please before he inevitably gets taken out from someone on the Grassy Knoll.

Feej

First Grade
SadShark said:
The bloke can't coach at all. f**k him off please before he inevitably gets taken out from someone on the Grassy Knoll.
The Family Hill???? ;)

bluemazda

Juniors
further news ... told that if Raper goes Lam will take over and the reason Raper kept his job was the mega bucks to dump him.
Also Neville Costigan signed with raiders for 3 years...
Daniel Anderson gone to the Roosters
Brett seymour still under negotiations
Ricky Stuart not going to be at Sharks zilch.

Surely

Post Whore
Thats the best news i have heard for ages, another season with raper, strong possibility of the spoon, small crowds, the club will be ripe for private ownership come 2008, should go pretty cheap as well.

bluey

Bench
bluemazda said:
further news ... told that if Raper goes Lam will take over and the reason Raper kept his job was the mega bucks to dump him.
Also Neville Costigan signed with raiders for 3 years...
Daniel Anderson gone to the Roosters
Brett seymour still under negotiations
Ricky Stuart not going to be at Sharks zilch.

Well dont sack him just endorse lam as first grade coach and raper give him a job mowing lawns.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Raiders sign all the rebels!

Good work!!! At least their club has balls!

I f*ckin hate this club but love the team except for bk(and scott but only 1 game left from him)! If thats makes sense!

Surely

Post Whore
I don't think it would have made much difference who we have as a coach next year.

You can't win without the cattle, you can cite Sheens and stuart as prime examples.