What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raper keeps position 2007 !

Quigs

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
a warm bath

a couple of candles, some aroma therapy and epson salts.

My favorite music some moisturiser and daddy's razor blades just might do the trick.

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

So how do you like your Leonard Cohen... Loud or soft and melodic...

You Idiot

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
"Ego Is Not A Dirty Word"

Some people keep their egos in a bottom drawer
A fridge full of Leonard Cohen
Have to get drunk just to walk out the door
Stay drunk to keep on goin'

Macca

Coach
It makes sense that they would keep him. The torture for Sharks fans continues.

I am skepitcal though. Remember when they backed Ando.

The Popper

Bench
Tick, tick, tick, ticky..................................................
Time's running out to sign up Sticky. #-o

The fans and in particular the CSSC needs to start lobbying at the ground and presentation this weekend.

Last chance, or kiss 2007 away.

lovethesharks

Juniors
Well thats it - the last straw for me. Im off the Shark until he is gone. I wont be spending a cent towards that club until Raper goes, simple as that. Im sure im not the only one. People may say that it is only hurting the club in the long run but ask yourself this.....How many NRL clubs would continue with the coach after losing 10 straight, its one of the greatest collapses in the games history. But for some reason we will stand for it and still be living through this is 5 yrs from now. Jesus people if we as a club dont have a voice, this cycle will continue ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I can honestly say I hope there isnt one single person at the game on Saturday night.

lovethesharks

Juniors
Its all in the timing we are about to see D ANDERSON, J TAYLOR and R. STUART find new clubs coaches of this calibre are few and far between. Im sure next year when raper goes having wasted another season we will be struggling to find a coach of this standard.

Surely the club must ask itself over half of the NRL players live in the shire, yet no one wants to play for them. We even had a fair crack at Costigan, but again missed out.

samshark

Juniors
lovethesharks said:
Its all in the timing we are about to see D ANDERSON, J TAYLOR and R. STUART find new clubs coaches of this calibre are few and far between. Im sure next year when raper goes having wasted another season we will be struggling to find a coach of this standard.

Surely the club must ask itself over half of the NRL players live in the shire, yet no one wants to play for them. We even had a fair crack at Costigan, but again missed out.

Oh ffs, I ve been as critical as anybody against the clubs recruitment and retention but in what was a pretty baron market this year I dont think we have done too bad. The majority of top line players went to the GC where half of them have family. And Costigan has close mates in Canberra and is a much better chance of playing firsts there.

Stupid comment. Dont you read the other threads.

zeppelin

Juniors
Hopefully the board are simply waiting for the season to conclude before they Punt Raper.

I just hope that if they do, our replacement coach has a full off season with the side.

jc155776

Coach
lovethesharks said:

Recruitment this year has been very astute...

And we were never wanting Costigan...

zeppelin

Juniors
Reading todays Herald you get the impression that the sharks are about to punt Raper with the view of hiring Stuart.

If Ricky comes to the club you'd think Kimmorley will be on his way quick smart.

Carlz

Juniors
yeah i read that as well:

SMH said:
CRONULLA coach Stuart Raper's perseverance with the halves combination of Adam Dykes and Brett Kimmorley - despite the team's poor record when the two are paired - could put him at risk of losing his job.
The Herald has learned that when concern at a high level within the Sharks over the club's poor season is broken down, Raper's decision to keep Dykes and Kimmorley together at five-eighth and halfback is among the key elements.
There is a feeling that perhaps Raper should have bitten the bullet and gone with a different halves combination - including only one out of Dykes and Kimmorley - before Cronulla finally lost all hope of making the finals.
The Sharks have won only two of 14 games this season when Dykes and Kimmorley have been paired.
Raper, who has one year left on his contract, has consistently defended his decision to keep the pair together, saying their combination wasn't the reason the Sharks were losing.
Every member of the coaching, playing and management staff at the Sharks will undergo a performance review at the hands of an independent consultant after the club's season ends this weekend.
The club has said the review is not meant to be a witch-hunt and is aimed at improving procedures, but the sudden availability of Ricky Stuart after he was sacked as Sydney Roosters coach has increased the heat on Raper to survive.
It's understood that while Cronulla would not want to have to pay out a coach, they would be prepared to do so if they thought a change of coach was the best option.
Meanwhile, Roosters chairman Nick Politis said last night there would not be any decision on a new coach for the club for a while yet, despite the intense speculation that St Helens coach Daniel Anderson would get the job.
"It will be another month before we make a decision," Politis said. "There are plenty of people expressing interest in the job. A lot of managers of a lot of coaches have made phone calls. We've got to find out who is available and get the structure right."
Ivan Cleary was crossed off the list of potential candidates yesterday after he signed a new deal with the Warriors.
Cleary, who has been signed until the end of 2007, extended his contract by one more season, with an option for 2009, although that is dependant on performance clauses.
Cleary insisted the contract extension had nothing to do with the Roosters' decision to axe Stuart - and the fact he was linked to the post at his former club. "It definitely wasn't a reaction," Cleary said. "We started talking a few weeks ago. It was probably unfortunate the circumstances that came out of it, all the innuendo."

spider

Coach
If they sign Stuart there is no point having Raper lurk around - his mere presence would make the players ark up.

He gets paid regardless - piss him off altogether for the sake of a clean 07 and let Sticky address the major problem of the halves pairing.

Quigs

Immortal
Chondricthyes said:
best news we've had

"he has our full suupport.."

GGGGooooonnneeee!

Well if that is the case he has got the full farkin support of declared Idiot Number 88 too....

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs