What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raptors looking good

I have given this thread the same name as the famous and hugely popular thread from LWOS days:

http://groups.msn.com/legendsworldo...essage=14828&LastModified=4675370537953853633

It is a thread for peiodic updates on my favourite NBA team, the Toronto Raptors.

The Raptors beat the Pistons the other night in a pre-season game, and rookie Chris Bosh scored 17 points. He is off to a good start this pre-season. Oh, and Vince scored 29. There is optimism here that new coach Kevin O'Neill will turn the team around after last season's disaster.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I wish the Raptors well for the season ahead as there loyal fans really deserve a good season from there team as long as they lose to the kings each time we play them ;-)

El Coconuto

Bench
We're (Orlando Magic) having a horror pre-season run. But damn do we look good in our new uniforms 8)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
El Coconuto said:
We're (Orlando Magic) having a horror pre-season run. But damn do we look good in our new uniforms 8)

At least they beat Utah today 90 - 86 ;-)

Grrrrr the bloody Kings lost to of all teams the Rockets grrrrr 88 - 72 we got thrashed :(

weasel

First Grade
Go Raptors. Vince needs to have a big season, I really hope his injury problems are behind him. While reading anything into preseason form is mostly foolish Bosh has looked very talented. I'm still not convinced we're a play-off calibre team although my expectations have been lowered by a lack of impact by an injured Carter the past few years. Eastern Conference is incredibly unpredictable though so success isn't beyond us.

Apparently scorer Lamond Murray, who missed all last season with a foot injury, is also looking good. That's a good sign as they need a scorer/shooter to take pressure off Vince. Murray will likely take some of Mo Pete's minutes.

Tonight the Raptors were in St. John's, Newfoundland to play Lebron James and the Cavaliers in their last exhibition game. But the floor, which was laid down over the ice surface, was "sweating" and was deemed too slippery to play on. 6,000 Newfie (as the rest of us Canadians call them) fans went home disappointed.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
CanadianSteve said:
Tonight the Raptors were in St. John's, Newfoundland to play Lebron James and the Cavaliers in their last exhibition game. But the floor, which was laid down over the ice surface, was "sweating" and was deemed too slippery to play on. 6,000 Newfie (as the rest of us Canadians call them) fans went home disappointed.

No more games for the Raptors then, probably good long term for them considering they really need the season to be as short and injury free as possible to be a real threat.

weasel

First Grade
Great win over the Nets to start the season \\:D/ . Vince went on a scoring spree in the second half.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
CanadianSteve said:
Raptors beat the Nets for the 2nd time today. And there are new trade rumours of adding Jalen Rose from the Bulls, to give them a much-needed second scorer.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...123&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064

The Raptors havn't been playing all that poorly this season just been stupid periods in the game where they make simple mistakes....

Jalen Rose on the other hand could help them alot and considering the Bulls are so up and down this season I really couldn't see him staying at the Bulls for to much longer ;-)

Mighty Tiger said:
The Raptors havn't been playing all that poorly this season just been stupid periods in the game where they make simple mistakes....

Jalen Rose on the other hand could help them alot and considering the Bulls are so up and down this season I really couldn't see him staying at the Bulls for to much longer ;-)

Well, they have had some very good games, but some of their losses have been terrible. Today, the day after beating the Nets, they scored something like 62 points in a loss to the Bucks. That's the 3rd or 4th game where they've scored in the low 60s, which is why they need to get another scorer to go along with Vince.

Overall the new coach Kevin O'Neill has them playing much better D, and playing with more purpose and effort, but they do need more offensive talent to make the playoffs, IMO.

I dont really follow any one team anymore, just players. Cos I get sick of having my fav player traded to another team. I went from Golden State to Miami when Hardaway left, but then they traded him to Dallas so f**k that. At the moment i'm a Raptors fan as Vinsanity is my fav player. Hopefully he stays there forever. GO THE RAPS!

weasel

First Grade
Well the Rose trade is almost official. Apparently we'll be getting Donyell Marshall as well, which isn't a bad pick up either, but we'll be losing Antonio Davis and Jerome Williams. Davis I'm not too fussed about losing, but I'll be sad to see the Junkyard Dog go.

The Raptors appear to have traded Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams and Chris Jeffries to the Chicago Bulls for Jalen Rose, Donyell Marshall and Lonny Baxter. Its not official, but the rumoured players have not taken the court tonight so it seems only the announcment is needed to seal it.

I can't make up my mind on who got the better end of the deal. The Raptors on the surface appear to have more scoring, but Antonio Davis is an all-star centre who is down on confidence or something after the injuries last year. Marshall will work inside or out, but they still need a big man to be competitive in big games.

EDIT: Beaten to it. Dang!

aqua_duck

Coach
The Bulls have to be one of the dumbest teams when it comes to player trades. Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall are probably the two most consistent performers they got and they want to trade them for 2 guys who haven't got many years left in them. This after they traded Brad Miller, ROn Mercer and Ron Artist for pretty much Jalen Rose 2 seasons ago, they obviously looking for early draft picks next season.

Latest posts